Comments
1 - 20 of 95 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 13
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Giri

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 16, 2010
 
Hi,
I recently visited an ortho for recurring knee pain and after some questioning I casually mentioned I may be getting occasional morning stiffness (honestly I don't even know if that's true, cause I don't know exactly what parts become stiff and how) ANyways, he ordered anti-ccp and rf tests. The results were anti ccp < 7.0 (it says normal range between 0 and 17) and rf < 3 (negative < 20, positive > 20) The ortho says he cannot rule out RA, because normal CCP value should be around 0. He said I may be having sero negative RA. And because I wasn't showing any symptoms he said there is no need for treatment right now from PRA standpoint. He then gave some different treatment for knee pain. But I am really conerened and confused whether or not I have RA. Should I see a Rheumat ? What does those CCP number mean ? If my values are within normal range, why is ortho saying I have sero negative RA ? ANy help is truly appreciated !! THanks
Wally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 23, 2010
 
I'd suggest you go see a rheumatologist, just to put your mind at ease if nothing else.
One thing to ask the ortho - did he see anything on x-ray that looked like RA? Although not always easy to find in early RA, the damage caused by rheumatoid is distinctive and unmistakable.
Other things can cause a mild jump in CCP, viral illness for instance. Your new rheumy may want to test you again in a few months to see if your levels go down.
GVC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I was given a copy of my blood work but the reference range is not legible. Can someone tell me what does it mean and how far from normal is Rheumatoid Factor 89 H and CCP IGG 206 H?
I was also told that by the results on these two, I have an aggressive type of rheumatoid arthritis and should start treatment of Plaquenil, Methotrexate and Prednisone. I am 43 and supposedly the disease is in its early stages.
kimi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 27, 2010
 
GVC wrote:
I was given a copy of my blood work but the reference range is not legible. Can someone tell me what does it mean and how far from normal is Rheumatoid Factor 89 H and CCP IGG 206 H?
I was also told that by the results on these two, I have an aggressive type of rheumatoid arthritis and should start treatment of Plaquenil, Methotrexate and Prednisone. I am 43 and supposedly the disease is in its early stages.
GVC - I am wondering what you found out about your levels and what the numbers mean. I was diagnosed yesterday with an RF of 74 and a CCP of 250. I will hopefully meet with a rhuematoligist next week, however I am anxious to know what the numbers may indicate for the future. I am 42, active and scared of the future. Any information we can share would be great. Thanks
mike35

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 17, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

kimi- I had a positive anti ccp (>250) at the begining of April. A little over a month later, my anti ccp was negative (1). Stay positive, an optomistic mindset is important. You may also want to research minocycline (the Brown protocol). Remember, Prayer is the best medicine.
Md Rezaul Karim

Dhaka, Bangladesh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 30, 2010
 
I have negative Anti CCP pls, tell me the result.
Doug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 3, 2010
 
CCP is a diagnostic/prognostic marker for RA. People with a positive CCP will tend to a higher potential for erosions if left untreated than people without a positive CCP. A higher positive does not necessarily correlate to a worse outcome (i.e. someone with a level of 100 does not necessarily have twice the disease activity and erosions of someone with a level of 50). The CCP does not give any indication of disease activity. Changes in the levels are not correlated with anything. The main objective of RA treatment is simple – control joint swelling. Hope this helps.
prajukta

Kolkata, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 9, 2010
 
i am having a high anti cpp result whereas i am having rf withen normal range...what does the result mean.???....do i have rheumatoid artheritis..???...
Doug

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 9, 2010
 
Do you have any RA symptoms? If not, a positive CCP ne a harbinger of things to come - it can show up many years before the actual on-set of RA symptoms and the actual disease. It's like a predicator of a possible future state. A positive CCP is very specific for RA. 70% of people with RA are CCP positive CCP. Only 2% of normal health are positive CCP. Either way, if you have symptoms, joint swelling, you need to be treated. It not, don't worry about. Not much you can do about it anyway and you may never get the disease.
april

Stillwater, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 23, 2010
 
I am having horrible joint pain in my fingers and toes and randomly other joints as well. It started 4 months ago and is getting worse. All of my blood work comes back normal. One crazy rheumy said that I had spondylitis but the diagnosis doesn't fit... I am waiting (immpatiently) to get in to another rheumatologist. My RF was 6 and my anti ccp was 16. I just can't figure out if they are looking at the wrong thing with RA... I don't know what else it could be.

any advice?
Belle

Lake Butler, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wally wrote:
I'd suggest you go see a rheumatologist, just to put your mind at ease if nothing else.
One thing to ask the ortho - did he see anything on x-ray that looked like RA? Although not always easy to find in early RA, the damage caused by rheumatoid is distinctive and unmistakable.
Other things can cause a mild jump in CCP, viral illness for instance. Your new rheumy may want to test you again in a few months to see if your levels go down.
I was sero negative initially and quickly was seropositive with the RF. My GP told me "do you think you are getting old?" I was in my late 30s at diagnosis. As a nurse, we are real good at explaining away all aches and pains. Within 3 months I was RF positive, with anti ccp above 250, and extremely high CRP. I went to a rheumatologist and though he was not treating aggressively, he was so sad, and so apologetic to tell me that the results indicate a very aggressive RA. 5 years later, every day in pain, still work because I have to, and already have bone erosion in the joints of my feet and hands. Also developed thoracic outlet syndrome as a result of inflammation and will likely be having the first ribs removed to relieve nerve and blood vessel compression. My advice is to go directly to a rheumatologist as quickly as you can. It's a myth that RA will not kill you and most people dont take it seriously. The disease is not limited to the joints, but also can involve all of the major organs including the blood vessels. My rheumy told me that without treatment I would probably be dead within 3 years, but with treatment, I could probably live another 40 years and be comfortable with effective treatment. It is an exhausting process to find the right "cocktail" that works. Worst of all, most of the time you look so healthy so peers think you're just a belly acher. Get to a rheumy, stay positive, and exercise exercise exercise. Take your meds, not missing a dose, and be thankful there is something to explain your pain. Good luck.
Phil McNaughton

Skärholmen, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 6, 2011
 
Mainly to Doug...
You say that higher levels of Anti-CCP do not, necessarily, correlate to a worse prognosis.
Seriously, I am trying to get an honest answer from someone, can I expect a potentially serious and severe prognosis with an Anti-CCP of 1600?
Debbie

Streamwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 7, 2011
 
I have been having pain in my knees, feet Big toe, shoulders, and now my legs. My doctor had me take a ccp igg test it came back as 4. 0-19 as negative 20-39 as weak postitve 40-59 moderate posite and 60 strong. mine came back as 4 what does that mean. Also i have gout.
labeille

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 14, 2011
 
Debbie: It means your results are negative for evidence of CCP levels in the blood.
Debbie wrote:
I have been having pain in my knees, feet Big toe, shoulders, and now my legs. My doctor had me take a ccp igg test it came back as 4. 0-19 as negative 20-39 as weak postitve 40-59 moderate posite and 60 strong. mine came back as 4 what does that mean. Also i have gout.
Lisa

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 21, 2011
 
Doug wrote:
CCP is a diagnostic/prognostic marker for RA. People with a positive CCP will tend to a higher potential for erosions if left untreated than people without a positive CCP. A higher positive does not necessarily correlate to a worse outcome (i.e. someone with a level of 100 does not necessarily have twice the disease activity and erosions of someone with a level of 50). The CCP does not give any indication of disease activity. Changes in the levels are not correlated with anything. The main objective of RA treatment is simple – control joint swelling. Hope this helps.
Hey that helps me alot.:) Thanks
Doug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 27, 2011
 
Phil McNaughton wrote:
Mainly to Doug...
You say that higher levels of Anti-CCP do not, necessarily, correlate to a worse prognosis.
Seriously, I am trying to get an honest answer from someone, can I expect a potentially serious and severe prognosis with an Anti-CCP of 1600?
Phil, that is a strongly positive to be sure. What I said was people with a positive CCP tend to have a higher potential for erosions if left untreated than people without a positive CCP. A higher positive does not necessarily correlate to a worse outcome (i.e. someone with a level of 100 does not necessarily have twice the disease activity and erosions of someone with a level of 50). The CCP does not give any indication of disease activity. Changes in the levels are not correlated with anything. Are you exhibiting symptoms now? If yes, you need to see a rhuematologist for sure. There are many effective treatment options to managing this condition.
Phil McNaughton

Skärholmen, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 27, 2011
 
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil, that is a strongly positive to be sure. What I said was people with a positive CCP tend to have a higher potential for erosions if left untreated than people without a positive CCP. A higher positive does not necessarily correlate to a worse outcome (i.e. someone with a level of 100 does not necessarily have twice the disease activity and erosions of someone with a level of 50). The CCP does not give any indication of disease activity. Changes in the levels are not correlated with anything. Are you exhibiting symptoms now? If yes, you need to see a rhuematologist for sure. There are many effective treatment options to managing this condition.
Symptoms? Oh yeah. Prior to diagnosis a year ago I had some occasional joint pain - which could be quite severe - and tiredness. Now I can barely walk in the mornings, and feel exhausted.
Taking 25mg MTX a week, 200mg Ketoprofen daily, and topical Cortisone injections when needed.

We are talking Biologics soon... I wonder if I'll ever get running again...
Doug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Phil McNaughton wrote:
<quoted text>
Symptoms? Oh yeah. Prior to diagnosis a year ago I had some occasional joint pain - which could be quite severe - and tiredness. Now I can barely walk in the mornings, and feel exhausted.
Taking 25mg MTX a week, 200mg Ketoprofen daily, and topical Cortisone injections when needed.
We are talking Biologics soon... I wonder if I'll ever get running again...
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. MTX is a first line DMARD. It takes a little time to get working. If you don't get the relief from that they will probably add a biologic (as you said) which I hear can work wonders. Things will get better. They just have to fine the right regiment for you. Sometimes it takes a little time to get the right combo that will work for you. Hang in there and keep you chin up. You are not alone.
Harv

Ghaziabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 19, 2011
 
Well i have a slight inflation on the inner wrist. My reports show:

Anti CCP level at 69 Units/ml
Glasgow Arithritis Score : 905(400 is normal)
Zone Ebb Index: 7:19.

So far i do not feel any pain or any sort of stiffness.

Does a higher Anti CCP mean that i am suffering or its an onset for RA? Pls suggest.
Lynnie

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 28, 2011
 
I just got back labs that indicate my Rheumatiod Factor is 119 and my CCP is 779. Any indication on what that means? I am yet to hear from my doctor and those levels are way over the range. Thanks in advance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Rheumatoid Arthritis Forum right now

Search the Rheumatoid Arthritis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Enbrel safe, effective for arthritis in long term (Jun '06) Tue Connie Wallace Indiana 141
RA factor test results (Dec '06) Jul 21 pattie 163
I have cured my Rheumatoid Arthritis and I am h... (Jan '12) Jul 17 Rachna Chhachhi 55
Foods could make arthritis worse (Sep '06) Jul 17 SeowEng 32
Anyone has Humira for sale (Apr '13) Jul 11 ruby2010 18
Men With Rheumatoid Arthritis Have Increased Ri... (Sep '12) Jun 23 Winfred 16
U.S. FDA advisers back Pfizer arthritis drug (Aug '12) Jun '14 Washington 12
•••
•••