Scottie Mayfield, GOP Candidate, Calls Medicaid And Welfare Recipients 'Non-Taxpayers'

May 19, 2012 Full story: Switched

Tennessee Republican congressional candidate Scottie Mayfield referred to Medicaid and welfare recipients as "non-taxpayers" in a position paper he released on Wednesday, saying it was time that taxpayers stop subsidizing these programs.

Full Story
Momajlyn

Knoxville, TN

#1 May 19, 2012
You know, I have never been so sick of hearing the government and the high hatted rich elite, better than others talking about the people on medicaid and welfare called non- taxpaying bums. Most are not like this at all, some are just poor folk that were born like that and no one will give them a break for catching all the breaks for themselves and family they like. P_--- on the rest. More than half of these people are disabled and got that way by working for some rich PERSON that was too cheap to buy insurance to cover the worker and could have cared less about his/her employee, or the peoples parents payed in taxes, but died early and by no mistake of the poor parties but no one took time to give the poor person info about a way they couild finish school and get a good job. To where the H--- are the jobs? China, Mexico, Japan, and other foreign countries. Why dont these gripers bring the jobs back here by revoking citizenship and charging taxes for being in another country. Why ? because most are like Rangel. and other congress members. They dont care as long as their family and themselves have what they need. A couple of vacation homes, a permanent home, 3 or 4 new expensive cars, a fall guy for all their mistakes,( they accidntly didnt mean to make). Money for insurance which we as non taxpayers neverpay. Tax on any vehicle, tax on your house, tax on clothing, tax on food and evrything else we have to buy while they sit on their a-- and do nothing. They get paid for working all year and work less than teachers do. NOW IF THAT BOTHERS YOU>>>HELP THESE PEOPLE!!! IF NOT YOU ARE GUILTIER THAN THE POOR FOLK THAT YOU HAVE DRIVEN UNDER YOUR FILTHY NAILS!!!!!
MSnmore

Davis, WV

#2 May 22, 2012
Momajlyn wrote:
You know, I have never been so sick of hearing the government and the high hatted rich elite, better than others talking about the people on medicaid and welfare called non- taxpaying bums. Most are not like this at all, some are just poor folk that were born like that and no one will give them a break for catching all the breaks for themselves and family they like. P_--- on the rest. More than half of these people are disabled and got that way by working for some rich PERSON that was too cheap to buy insurance to cover the worker and could have cared less about his/her employee, or the peoples parents payed in taxes, but died early and by no mistake of the poor parties but no one took time to give the poor person info about a way they couild finish school and get a good job. To where the H--- are the jobs? China, Mexico, Japan, and other foreign countries. Why dont these gripers bring the jobs back here by revoking citizenship and charging taxes for being in another country. Why ? because most are like Rangel. and other congress members. They dont care as long as their family and themselves have what they need. A couple of vacation homes, a permanent home, 3 or 4 new expensive cars, a fall guy for all their mistakes,( they accidntly didnt mean to make). Money for insurance which we as non taxpayers neverpay. Tax on any vehicle, tax on your house, tax on clothing, tax on food and evrything else we have to buy while they sit on their a-- and do nothing. They get paid for working all year and work less than teachers do. NOW IF THAT BOTHERS YOU>>>HELP THESE PEOPLE!!! IF NOT YOU ARE GUILTIER THAN THE POOR FOLK THAT YOU HAVE DRIVEN UNDER YOUR FILTHY NAILS!!!!!
i beg to differ w/'representatives' who say 'non- tax paying'! even with food card benefits (barely enough to subsidize honest recipients for 1 wk.) we DO pay taxes, on the food, on every necessity we manage to buy. most people are honest and would prefer to actively work for 'real' wages. somewhere most are caught in the middle between the people w/ position and $'s and the other bad apples who scheme to 'work' the system.

there are some caring rich people (though i think they are mostly out of touch with reality of poverty) there are some dedicated honest politicians (although the longer you're in the more likely you compromise your values). it's the others with $ 4 media coverage who push their selfish agendas over on the backs of the working poor, disabled, frail elderly that i have issues with!

i would like to see these so-called politicians and benefit-cutting 'experts' to live like we do for one whole month- no cr. cards, no gov perks, no transportation, no health ins. no nothing! then see if they sing a different tune--- it's just that unlike the rest of us, they would know at the end of the month, instead of begging for $ for utiliity shut-offs or food pantry help, they would get to return to their upscale, insulated lives :((

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicare Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan Wed fatbacks x 125
Nurse anesthetists aren't the same as anesthesi... (Sep '10) Dec 22 spaaqua19 119
Incentives push doctors to electronic medical r... (May '13) Dec 20 Calvin James 2
Planning Your Long-Term Care Strategy? 5 Things... Dec 20 Cheska Ramirez 1
Hearing tests, hearing aids, and Medicare Dec 19 Pavlos Lombardi 5
Medicare reduces funding to 9 O.C. hospitals Dec 19 icthelite 1
Retreat is 14th largest mental health provider ... (Apr '14) Dec 18 Esther 12
More from around the web