'Obamacare' battle leaves poor with nothing

Jul 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Final Call

'The states most adamantly opposed to the implementation of "Obamacare"-Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Arizona, Florida, and Texas, for example-are also the states with the highest rates of both uninsured children and adults, and the highest rates of children and adults requiring Medicaid assistance, and they ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2012
abe

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 12, 2012
the law is too expensive for the states. the added taxes in bammy care will bankrupt these states. repeal the law and start over. might use some of the items but need to do away with items giving the president and his appointed men, a dicatorship over the poor people of the US. Most people just want something for nothing . my suggestion start over . or get out and work for it as i did.
Tom Sinclair

Greenville, SC

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Abe,
Most of the people who read this are the ones that would fall into the catagory of the "Dumbing Down of America."
Their pathetic minds are numb from the liberalized schooling and removal of God from their teachings.
If they could comprehend just a little of what
is truthful and use common sense, we'd return to the
great Nation we once were.
I'm afraid with obama, that ship has sailed.
One more term with that America hater and we'll
be a third world nation before the end of that term.
The way he ignores the Constitution an all other
laws, who is to say he won't make the president's
terms unlimited, instead of 2 four-year terms?
The fat lady is about to sing.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#3 Jul 17, 2012
It will be fun to watch the poor in these states victimized by their own teabooging representation and go with less or no care. Watch these two-faced states run to Washington begging for assistance. Next step, start tying certain federal funds to states based on their percentage of ACA participation rate. Doesn't add up to much. We'll give you your independence.

hahahahahahahahaha

rugby '12: LIES 1st America 2nd

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#4 Jul 17, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
It will be fun to watch the poor in these states victimized by their own teabooging representation and go with less or no care. Watch these two-faced states run to Washington begging for assistance. Next step, start tying certain federal funds to states based on their percentage of ACA participation rate. Doesn't add up to much. We'll give you your independence.
hahahahahahahahaha
ObamaCare..... Higher costs,collapse of the private insurance market,Doctors leaving practice or limiting to cash/carry,rationed care in the gov't system.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#5 Jul 17, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>ObamaCare..... Higher costs,collapse of the private insurance market,Doctors leaving practice or limiting to cash/carry,rationed care in the gov't system.
con talking points. Dismissed.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#6 Jul 17, 2012
<quoted text>
con talking points. Dismissed.
Only in the feeble minded gov't dependent leeches on society.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#7 Jul 17, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Only in the feeble minded gov't dependent leeches on society.
Go look up all the feeble-minded red states on the govt. dole. Leeches.

hahahahahahahaha

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#8 Jul 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Go look up all the feeble-minded red states on the govt. dole. Leeches.
hahahahahahahaha
What do Illinois,California,New York and Massachussetts have in common? They are all have massive debt and they are all run by DEMOCRATS.
Bill

Huntsville, AL

#9 Jul 30, 2012
It means people who already have insurance will pay (with higher premiums, deductibles, etc) for those who sit on their butts and do nothing but hold their hands out. There should have been a reform first. Get these people who are able bodied to work off welfare benefits and make them work. Educate the ones who need it so they can get a job with insurance. Even McDonalds offers insurance! People who won't get a job because they will lose their "food stamps" should be at the top of the list. This country is becoming a "welfare country" and that needs to stop. I have no choice where my tax dollars go, but I am so tired of supporting people who do nothing but live off the government. In reality, living off the government is living off of tax payers!!!
Bystander

AOL

#10 Jul 30, 2012
Bill wrote:
It means people who already have insurance will pay (with higher premiums, deductibles, etc) for those who sit on their butts and do nothing but hold their hands out. There should have been a reform first. Get these people who are able bodied to work off welfare benefits and make them work. Educate the ones who need it so they can get a job with insurance. Even McDonalds offers insurance! People who won't get a job because they will lose their "food stamps" should be at the top of the list. This country is becoming a "welfare country" and that needs to stop. I have no choice where my tax dollars go, but I am so tired of supporting people who do nothing but live off the government. In reality, living off the government is living off of tax payers!!!
Well said. I can see legistation to compel insurers to insure folks with pre-existing conditions, and MAYBE a little government help with that expense; and to allow insurers to compete across state lines, but forcing the whole country onto Obamacare is going to kill more jobs and lower health care quality for everyone.
Concerned

United States

#12 Nov 5, 2012
Obamacare will force doctors to quit taking insurance, cash only office.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 5, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Obamacare will force doctors to quit taking insurance, cash only office.
It has already started.
Just Me

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Nov 10, 2012
Bill wrote:
No, Bill, not all companies provide insurance. I read recently that Red Lobster is cutting 75 percent of their employees below 40 hours a week so they would not have to provide insurance. As more and more of this is happening in our Country, then a government program is needed. For those that don't have insurance, it cost us in tax dollars to pay for their care when they end up in the emergency room. Sounds far better to me to make those people that can afford it pay a part of an insurance premium as they will under the government program.
no more lies from DC

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Nov 12, 2012
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pea... help get the last 3 thousand signatures show washington its time to move on

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16 Nov 12, 2012
I have a dog named Obama. He keeps trying to chew his own leg off. And he barks at every white cop that goes by. He's a pain in the azz.
carmen

West Mifflin, PA

#18 Nov 19, 2012
my health care premiums are going up in 2013 .75%,$110 a month.about $1325 a year , starting in jan,2013..im sure my premiums will fund others . also hearing other, limited hours per week stories.. i like obama, its his politics that . average health care premiums last year $6000 single,,,$15,900 family..
soylentgreenistw inkies

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Nov 22, 2012
the poor have 2500 government programs to lean on, the rest have 2500 ways to pay for it all..
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Nov 22, 2012
poor have nothing ?

medicare is free
food stamps are free
SSI is free
cellphone is free
housing subsidy is free

So the major life needs are filled for free, shelter, food, cash, medical care and a phone. And if they can spit another spawn out every 9 months, like a vegas slot machine, they get mo money.

obamacare changes nothing, they don't pay for medical now and they won't pay for medical with obamacare. what changes ? nothing.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Nov 24, 2012
youtube.com/watch... Obamacare is a joke a gimick,right!,its a Tax increase
doc

Vandergrift, PA

#22 Nov 25, 2012
if your poor enough,you can get a medicare suppliment for 55 a month,or less. and all costs are really picked up by a federal/state program. or free care at a hospital ......medicaid is a federal program, ......in either case THE TAXPAYER PAYS or THE PREMIUM PAYER PAYES. their aint nobody else... and we are now into its 47th year..OF MEANS TESTED health care....its a consortium of federal taxes,state taxes,insurance companys premium tables,hospitals free care,pill manufacturers 5000% markups,retail store markups...,and your means tested wallet.all the bills are being paid by those with a dollar stapled to their a$$. MEANS TESTED is the measure of your ability to cough up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicaid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Many kids fall through gaps in dental care 21 hr michael-blum 12
How does the Medically Needy Program Work (Sep '08) Aug 23 john 927
Google, Oracle Enlisted to Help Fix Obamacare Site (Nov '13) Aug 19 Just Thinking 8
GOP Gov: Brewer Defends Medicaid Expansion: 'We... (Jun '13) Aug 18 swedenforever 13
Mental health access still far away for many Aug 17 humanSpirit 3
10 Investigates: Medicaid Mess-Up Leaves Nurses... Aug 16 Zoe Regen 3
50 Must-Know Statistics About Long-Term Care Aug 11 Karen Lorenzo 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Medicaid People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••