Hives- What worked for me!

Posted in the Hives Forum

tam29

South Perth, Australia

#1 Dec 14, 2011
Hi I'm not usually the type to post on forums but told myself if i found something that treated my chronic urticaria/ hives then i would share that information.

Just a bit of background on my condition. Started getting a breakout of hives since April this year and progressively got worse after a few weeks to the point where it would come on everyday for at least a few hours if not for most of the day. Couldn't really say there was anything that triggered it. Antihistamines (Telfast, Zrytec) worked to mask the symptoms but wasn't really a treatment option.

Then I read about leaky gut syndrome which is really just caused by increased permeability of the gut (through damaged or altered gut lining) which then allows toxins and microbes to leak through the gut wall. This creates an immune response by the body which releases histamine and the body can break out in hives.

So with this information I just researched ways to repair the lining of the gut. I came out with L-glutamine and probiotics which are often used to do just that. I took about 30g of L-glutamine and one daily capsule of probiotic per day for 3 weeks. After that the hives progressively got better before completely disappearing.

Just a tip. Buy the glutamine in powder form cause the capsules/tablets are usually only 500mg and you'll need to pretty much finish the bottle to get 30g per day.

Hope you'll achieve the same results as I did with this treatment. And do let us know how it goes.
Heather

Pensacola, FL

#2 Apr 3, 2012
I just read your post, I am 29 years old and 8 weeks ago broke out in what I believe may be hives (not 100% sure though) it is a rash that has lasted the whole 8 weeks not going away, it will subside a little and then return but never fully goes away. How did you know that you had leaky gut syndrome? I am willing to try anything at this point! I have tried 3 different creams and prednisone and nothing has helped so far.
drstrangeitch

Winnebago, NE

#3 Sep 3, 2012
tam29 wrote:
I came out with L-glutamine and probiotics which are often used to do just that. I took about 30g of L-glutamine and one daily capsule of probiotic per day for 3 weeks. After that the hives progressively got better before completely disappearing.
Just a tip. Buy the glutamine in powder form cause the capsules/tablets are usually only 500mg and you'll need to pretty much finish the bottle to get 30g per day.
Hope you'll achieve the same results as I did with this treatment. And do let us know how it goes.
THANK YOU for posting this. Following the suggestions in your post here, and hearing the same information from a doctor on an online radio show, I have found relief! What a relief.

As recently as late July I was still extremely bothered by hives, and on that date I received my L-Glutamine powder shipment from Amazon (one pound for about $25, including shipping). I began taking a heaping teaspoonful of L-Glutamine powder a day in juice, plus one acidophilus tablet, one zinc tablet, and a digestive enzyme capsule. By the middle of August I decided to start eating some of the things on my "this makes me itch" list, and nothing since then has triggered any hives breakouts!

I am totally amazed, relieved, and I think healed.

I intend to still take L-Glutamine for a while, kind of wean myself off of it slowly, and continue taking the other pills until I've taken them all. I think they should be finished in another week or two.

I've journaled my experience with hives this year in my blog, www.drstrangeitch.wordpress.com if anyone is interested.

Thank you so much for writing about your experiences. I am so grateful. I may never have found L-Glutamine without your post.
ace

Plainsboro, NJ

#6 Dec 24, 2013
really hoping this helps me too. and i wish this information was more widely available

i found two posts by tam and will be paying it forward if i get healed as well. amazing stuff and sounds just like my symptoms.

i will be sad if it doesnt fix it but at least some hope that i can enjoy fried calamari and real junk food again. of course i would be keeping it low. gluten-free/corn-free is hell.
Pauline

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#7 Mar 4, 2014
I was suffering for about six months with horrible hives. Tried almost everything and then I read your post about the L-Glutamine. I am taking it now with one pro-biotic. Its been five days and no hives. I cant believe it ! Thank you so much for this information, I was beginning to lose hope.
Steve Novach

New York, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2014
I have been dealing with eczema dermatits for last 5 yers, until I was able to find ECZUR, I have been using Eczur cream by Elimia, really cleared up my skin from eczema on my hands, neck and face. Amazing results, I started seeing results in about 1 week. I was really compliant and applied 3 times a day on effected areas. It works! Found this cream on some blog in Europe but this cream is distributed by company called Elimia in US. Very happy w results. Most importantly it contains no hormones& no steroids. Good luck to everyone. Thought I'd share so it may help someone else.

Ryan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#9 Mar 19, 2014
Do you guys think this hives site is helpful?... http://remedieshealth.com/hives
jimmy2xz

Winter Garden, FL

#10 Apr 11, 2014
I am at the 30 day mark, taking 30g if glutamine and 1 probiotic daily. Still take 1 zyrtec a day but i still have hives everyday. I have lowered my sugar intake a bit too. Anything else I should be doing/taking? Wondering if these are stress related hives not caused by a leaky gut. Have had these since August and they are driving me nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Hives Cure Review Provides Natural Treatment... Sep 27 Anonymous 1
Hives.. (Oct '08) Sep 25 bjenmen 510
chronic hives (Jul '06) Sep 17 Dave M 174
You have to try this!!!!!!!! (Sep '07) Sep 8 fola 62
living with hives, my story Sep 7 Vicki - 4
Chronic Urticaria - possibly autoimmune? Jul '14 Worried mom 1
skin rashes from 16 months Jul '14 skin3 1

Hives People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE