Supreme Court

Full story: The Washington Post

That's what SCOTUSBlog wrote moments after the Supreme Court announced its ruling on the health-care law.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

WHAT A BIG WIN FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA!

President Obama’s signature piece of legislation is CONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that is unconstitutional is every tea-bagging right-wing bastard that hates this country and this President.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

I now forgive Justice Roberts for screwing up the Oath of Office when he swore in President Obama.

I have now regained some faith back in the Supreme Court.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

All you radical left wingers out there, be careful what you wished for, you just got it.

This unprecedented decision says that Congress has the authority to force citizens to buy private goods or face fines -- a power it has never had in American history, and a power King George III and Parliament didn't have over us when we were mere subjects of Great Britain. Since the federal government itself could never articulate to the court a constitutional limit to this power, Congress has gained an unlimited power to force citizens to buy, or do, anything.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
5 min ago

Thanks so very much Scotus,Liberals never ever vote for Conservative matters on the Scotus but
The Conservative Justices vote for Liberal issues?
BTW my wife will lose her job as a direct result
as her Boss cannot continue on..And I have been struggling to find a job for 2 years now??? Guess
who we will be voting for (Independants)???? RE
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
All you radical left wingers out there, be careful what you wished for, you just got it.
This unprecedented decision says that Congress has the authority to force citizens to buy private goods or face fines -- a power it has never had in American history, and a power King George III and Parliament didn't have over us when we were mere subjects of Great Britain. Since the federal government itself could never articulate to the court a constitutional limit to this power, Congress has gained an unlimited power to force citizens to buy, or do, anything.
Can Congress make right wing posters here a little more intelligent?
TaK

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

It`s the largest tax increase ever and it falls on the middle class. So if you can`t "show your healthcare card" , you will be taxed by the IRS.

But better yet States do not have to comply with expanded medicaid, and the government can not punish the states by taking away existing medicaid funds.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Health Care costs are high due to the over paid and compensated Executives in our healthcare system earning millions in salaries, bonuses, and compensation.
Over paid and compensated Drug Company Executives.
Over paid and compensated Medical and Hospital Executives.
Over paid and compensated Medical Equipment Executives.
America ranks 1st in healthcare costs and 37th in healthcare quality.

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

"The Massachusetts health care insurance reform law, St. 2006, c.58,[1][2], enacted in 2006, mandates that nearly every resident of Massachusetts obtain a state-government-regulated minimum level of healthcare insurance coverage and provides free health care insurance for residents earning less than 150% of the federal poverty level"

Chief Justice Roberts thx!

Ted K. anihilates after death, The Affordable Care Act is Constitutional

Mitt Romney gave Prez Obama the blueprint-

John Kingsdale is a hero

"deficits don't matter"-Cheyney

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I now forgive Justice Roberts for screwing up the Oath of Office when he swore in President Obama.
I have now regained some faith back in the Supreme Court.
MCP-Roberts has given the Prez another tremendous win!

Romney was the politician who said Massachusets would take the lead in a National Reform, he was right!

Ted K.(r.i.p.)!! you're still a winner

you have anihilated the Romney campaign after yor death

Since: Feb 12

chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

I gotta call my doctor and see if he'll be there next week.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
WHAT A BIG WIN FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA!
President Obama’s signature piece of legislation is CONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing that is unconstitutional is every tea-bagging right-wing bastard that hates this country and this President.
Yep a great day for Americans.

And the republican/tea party is going to have to suck it up..

Since: Feb 12

chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

I voted for Newt.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

WELL SENIORS HALF A TRILLION $$ JUST GOT CUT
FROM YOUR PAID INTO FOR A LIFE TIME "MEDICARE"
HOW THAT GOING DOWN WITH YOU ALL?? RE..
DontRenege2012

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Justice Roberts remarked that the Supreme Court doesn't determine whether a law is bad policy or not just whether a law is constitutional or not.

So it's clear that if this bad policy law the unafordable care act is to be repealed then the obamanation will have to be removed from office first and be replaced with a President who has pledged to sign into law a repeal of the unfordable care act if passed by the House and Senate.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Can Congress make right wing posters here a little more intelligent?
Congress doesn't know the difference between intelligence and ignorance. But they can now tell you to do whatever they want.
TaK

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

This is a great ruling, when you consider that it`s easier to remove a tax, then to repeal a law. And states can opt out of expanded medicaid, without losing federal funds. The largest tax increase for middle class voters is a plus, because they vote for what personally effects their own pockets. All of these make it a lot easier to get rid of this tax monstrosity. And replace with a broad program that allows states and citizens to buy insurance across state lines, which will greatly reduce the cost of insurance, and allow consumers to shop for what coverage they feel they need.
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Mitt will be on planet Kolob soon.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

We are in a global economy and people should be able to buy insurance from foreign companies also. We need more foreign competition but our insurance industry that owns and runs our government will not allow that.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury vs. Madison

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." Miranda vs. Arizona

"An un-Constitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed." Norton vs Shelby County

"No one is found to obey an un-Constitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it." 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Supreme Court's Obamacare decision hands federal government unlimited power to force you to spend 100% of your paycheck on things you don't even want

Regardless of whether you agree with the fundamentals of Obamacare, the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court has now ruled the federal government has the power to tax Americans into mandatory purchases of private industry products means an end to economic freedom in America. Why? Because it hands the federal government the power to force the American people to buy anything the government wants or face tax penalties for refusing to do so. It is the equivalent of announcing a federal monopoly over all private purchasing decisions.

"The Affordable Care Act's requirement that certain individuals pay a financial penalty for not obtaining health insurance may reasonably be characterized as a tax," wrote Chief Justice John Roberts, in his majority opinion. "Because the Constitution permits such a tax, it is not our role to forbid it, or to pass upon its wisdom or fairness."

Thus, the government can force Americans to buy anything it wants by simply characterizing the forced payment as a "tax."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036329_Obamacare_S...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Health Insurance Discussions

Search the Health Insurance Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA inspector says Alabama doctor's acts may be ... Wed Viet Nam Veteran 1
My FREE annual check-up for $1,347.36 Wed Logan5 1
Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years Jul 29 Former New Englander 3
Health Insurance in Germany Jul 27 darksudip 1
MMA Rounds Jul 18 Mary Ziotard Brand 3
BlueCross rate increase in 2015 would affect th... Jul 17 Low Rent 4
White House Website Promotes Obamacare En Espanol Jul 9 Amigo 1
•••
•••