Amy

Woodbury, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Be careful on this stuff. I took it for about 5 weeks and developed blood clots throughout the entire left side of my lungs--almost died. And that was after constant bleeding and cramps.
Angela

New Hope, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

I am now on my 4th month of this pill. I experience break through bleeding as well. I started taking it because my hormones were out of whack and I get tired of my period controlling my life. Several vacations have been ruined by it. I have successfully skipped 1 period so far. I think I have had trouble with that because I am terrible at taking it the same time everyday. But I am menstruating right now and it is the worst I have ever had and I have been having periods for 18 years. I have migraines and they have been terrible with this period. I am tired all the time. Cramp like crazy, bloated beyond belief, and cry at commercials! I don't have energy to do anything and when I have just a little I am smacked back down by the cramping and the back aches. My breasts were sore in the beginning but that is gone now. I thought that the bad part of this would be ok considering the benefits but this period has be second guessing myself as I am passing dime size clots (I don't usually) and bleeding way more than usual as well it is the brightest red I have ever had. With the energy loss I am worried that something else is wrong. Don't know what my next move is, Just wanted to share my experience.
Dana

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

NEVER EVER TAKE THIS PILL IT RUINED MY LIFE
Andi

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

I'm on seasonique, and haven't had too many problems. my question is, can i take the yellow pills a week or two early, and then switch back to the blue? the week my period is supposed to come i will be on vacation, and I really don't want it then. is it healthier to take the yellow pills early, or just to skip them entirely and move on to a new pack?
devyn

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

I have been on seasonique for about a month and a half now but have never missed a pill. Lately I feel pretty bloated and naseous along with abnormally tired and crampy. I keep thinking im pregnant but am still so far from the scheduled period that im not sure the pregnancy tests are accurate.. wondering what to do..

Since: May 09

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

This bears repeating: The birth control pill, Yaz, has been linked to a number of adverse reactions, including strokes and lawsuits are growing over these issues. Here is some good information: http://www.yaz-may-cause-strokes.com/
StaceyLG

Sandy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

I've taken this pill for almost two years and only recently learned that you have to take it at the exact same time every day or you will for sure have breakthrough bleeding. I am currently on my 2nd month and half way through it has been one entire period for 2 weeks, going on three. I think that's because I missed two entire days in a row and the first week I took the pill at all sorts of various times.

Sticking to the right schedule on the second month doesn't seem to fix it and though I'm curious to see what would happen at the beginning of a 3 month period doing it on the dot every day, I think I might be done with this for awhile. I might have my body so out of whack, that it needs a refresher, or permanent vacation from the drug.

One other oddity... At the end of the very first 3 months I took it I also had this very bizarre (and this will be gross, sorry)'clot' that turned out to be the inside layer of my uterus. As a period flushes out the lining, and I had a three month delay, there was a lot of liner to be rid of. It was painful like a really bad period you might have had when you first got your period.

Emotionally, its been just fine for me and why I actually take the drug. But these issues with it are about too much for me.
michelle

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

this is my first time taking seasonique and i was happy with the idea of having only 4 periods a year.i had 4 weeks to go before my period and unfortunately its 4 weeks earlier and im already bleeding heavy and having blood clots. i dont think seasonique is really the best thing. plus im about to try to make a baby so i might as well stop while i can.
lulumelons

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

I have been on Seasonique now for going on 3 months. Its been totally fine. I started spotting about a month and a half into it-but I know it was because I took the pill hours later than usual 2 days in a row. I went ahead and let myself bleed (quit taking it for 7 days), then started up again after my 'period'. been fine ever since again. I've had no physical side effects, but I also live a very healthy lifestyle. (vegan, athletic). I recommend Seasonique-and remember EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, so what doesnt work for some people may work for others.
anonymous

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

seasonique made me very depressed, caused extreme anxiety, caused me to become antisocial, and completely diminished my sex drive.
Jenny

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Sarah wrote:
I hated Seasonique. It made me absolutely crazy. I cried every day- my boyfriend made me go off it. When I stopped it, I had a period that lasted a week and a half. I had a horrible experience with it.
I have been on it-this starting week 4 and i realized i am completely manic, i have balled every single day and i am crippeled with depression. also i have been bleeding heavily for the whoel 3 plus weeks. i just stopped
Jenny

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

anonymous wrote:
seasonique made me very depressed, caused extreme anxiety, caused me to become antisocial, and completely diminished my sex drive.
didi you stop? becuase my depression has become crippeling and i just put 2 and 2 together with teh stat of me taking it and I just stopped today.
Abby

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

I started taking this pill 3 days ago and all I have been is feeling sick. I feel fluish with what feels like a fever cramps headache and I constantly feel like I'm going to throw up. Also I get panic attacks really easily. I already want to stop taking this pill.
Adria_Pensaocla_ Fl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

I started taking this jan 30th 2010. I loved it! I knew i would have break thru bleeding and was ready for it. I started bleeding on feb 22nd. 5 weeks into the pill. Perfectly fine with this. It is now March 8th.. im still bleeding. I havent gain any weight my body feels fine. I just wish i could stop bleeding. Ive read a few post that were silimar to my story and they said they stuck it out and everything was fine. I plan to do so so fingers crossed! lol My boyfriend hates the fact im bleeing so much and is scared. its not super heavy. last night i didnt even need a tampon until about 10:30 this morning! I have been cramping a little but nothign major since mine is normally very bad! im happy with this pill and will tell anyone to just stick it out and wiat for the best life possiable.. i mena really? 4 periods a year... hell yes! and my sex drive has gone up as well.. so most guys will enjoy that lol good luck girls!
Ranisha

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Hilda wrote:
I am on week 10 and have had some break thru bleeding for like 2 weeks now. Nothing major I don't even have to wear a light tampon. It's as if I don't have period but there is slight bleeding. Does this make sense?(I'm really bad at explaing things) Has anyone else had this problem?
I am having the same problem. When i started week 9, that monday i started bleeding, and now im on week 10 and its friday. What did you do about your problem in 2008?
Sarah

Gillette, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

UGH. It was perfectly fine for the first few weeks.

And then I went home for spring break and got my wisdom teeth pulled, so thanks to the anti-biotics and daylight savings, I started bleeding and haven't stopped since. It's Day #16. It's not that much. One light tampon a day and it's only half "full", but it is VERY ANNOYING. It's also really dark. It seems to be getting lighter, so some days I don't wear a tampon, but the next day I'll wear one again. Sigh.

I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo before this (I switched around mid-February) so they gave me LoSeasonique.

How do I make the bleeding stop??=[
Candace

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

I had no risk factors for complications with this birth controll, athletic, vegan, non smoker ect.. three months after taking it I had an acute episode of swelling in my left leg which turned out to be a 12 inch blood clot originating in my pelvis and extending to just above my knee. This is a dangerous drug in my opinion. If you can avoid birth controll do so and let your body function naturaly. Some people do fine with chemical contraception but why risk it. After 6 months of blood thinners, needles, tests and a hospitalization I can tell you its not worth it. Your life is too precious!
Christina

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

I have been on seasonique for 8 weeks now. About a week and a half ago I started bleeding, but it isn't like my normal period, it is really light and the color is more brown like at the end of my period? has anyone else experienced this or is it like your usual period?
Christina

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Abby wrote:
I started taking this pill 3 days ago and all I have been is feeling sick. I feel fluish with what feels like a fever cramps headache and I constantly feel like I'm going to throw up. Also I get panic attacks really easily. I already want to stop taking this pill.
I felt so sick the first week, but the nausea went away the second week. I was also very emotional at first, but that went away too.
Katrina Marie

Paw Paw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

I got on seasonique 7 weeks ago, due to blood loss and anemia.. i got on it to stop the bleeding i had due to pcos.. So far ive had an amazing exp. with it.. til tonight, i am having horriable cramps & bleeding a bit heavy but not too bad, im not complaining about the bleeding but these cramps are rediculousss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Birth Control Forum right now

Search the Birth Control Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
After effects of Mirena Removed (Feb '10) 6 hr Audrey 1,006
Heavy bleeding and cramping after Mirena removal (Dec '12) 14 hr MichelleS 168
Tri-Sprintec (May '08) Tue Cassie 159
calling all women with the MIRENA IUD (May '07) Tue tinapetrino 1,674
Experiences with Yasmin and Ortho tri cyclen? (Jun '07) Mon jen 63
Can U Feel an IUD? (Apr '08) Jul 21 Sarah G 130
Copper IUD and recurring pain (Sep '12) Jul 21 Tilly 104
Birth Control Pill That Increases Sex Drive (May '07) Jul 15 jjm 233
•••