Bar owners file for injunction against Indianapolis smoking ban

Jul 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FOX59.com

Ten Indianapolis bar owners want to stop the city's strengthened smoking ban while a federal district court takes up the case.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of71
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Smoke Free

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

If the bar owners spent more time and effort into wooing the non-smoker crowd, cleaning up their bars, new paint, ceiling tiles, shampoo the carpets, and add a "real" menu. These ten yahoo owners want to fail just to prove their hopeless point. Adios, idiots!!! Businesses come and go and yours surely are headed in the wrong direction, all because your customers want to continue to smoke wherever and whenever they please and have no concern for anyone else. Employees are not second class citizens and shouldn't be exposed to ANY second hand smoke.
Many states have very successful strict smoking restrictions and businesses are booming. It's really up to the owner whether they want to succeed or not. First thing clean up your filthy stinky smoke filled bar and maybe customers will come.
Translation

Walkersville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Smoke Free wrote:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahh hh.
Saves electrons!
Cry Baby Owners

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

I agree 100% with Smoke Free, clean up the joints and people might just show up. Bar Owners that stick their heads in the sand hoping it will go away will be left out in the cold. Life will go on, businesses will continue to survive and both without second hand smoke.
ItsAFact

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Cry Baby Owners wrote:
I agree 100% with Smoke Free, clean up the joints and people might just show up. Bar Owners that stick their heads in the sand hoping it will go away will be left out in the cold. Life will go on, businesses will continue to survive and both without second hand smoke.
You are "Smoke Free" you lying POS.
Hugh Jass Jr

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

5

You know - Stanton Glantz was "Caught" in all his LYING studies about the "No Negative Financial Effects of Bans"

EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS CAUSED FINANCIAL BURDENS - both to the business owners - and the localities.

MANY OWNERS lost "Generations old" businesses
ALL Localities lost "tax revenues"

In ALL STATES - MANY businesses either find a way "around the ban" - or just completely IGNORE them.- creating "Smoke-easys" (sounds like it's going the same way "prohibition" did - huh??)
And as history of smoking bans has already shown - it will END the same way too!!

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Since: Jul 12

for a hamburger today.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

3

Being a smoker even I have a hard time with a smoke filled room. I try very hard to be a responsible smoker, I do not smoke indoors anywhere, even at home. I walk away from people so as not to offend them. Smoking can be done responsibly by showing respect to those around you. It's not that hard.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Why should they woo for non-smokers when smoking is legal? Typical of Liberals poking their noses into business affairs. Like yuppies moving out to the country and complaining about the smell of cows , hogs. and manure or people burning trash outside in the fields. Now the same typical Liberal yuppies complain about the smokers outside the business that has banned smoking due to Govt intervention into business affairs also.I bet the same person spouting off that a business should lure non-smokers lights up a big doobie daily or knows many friends that smoke weed everyday all day long. I love how do good Liberals tell us how bad smoking is to out health, Yet those same Liberals smoke pot everyday and do other illicit drugs. Then they explain well weed isn't unhealthy lol.Studies have been conducted showing weed does more damage than ciggy smoke to the lungs not to mention brain cells. How many have stood next to someone who smokes pot everyday and how strong they stink.How many men and women douse heavy perfume and cologne on before they go out to the bars ans clubs to party. Some of that cologne and perfume is toxic.
Delmarva

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Hugh Jass Jr wrote:
You know - Stanton Glantz was "Caught" in all his LYING studies about the "No Negative Financial Effects of Bans"
EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS CAUSED FINANCIAL BURDENS - both to the business owners - and the localities.
MANY OWNERS lost "Generations old" businesses
ALL Localities lost "tax revenues"
In ALL STATES - MANY businesses either find a way "around the ban" - or just completely IGNORE them.- creating "Smoke-easys" (sounds like it's going the same way "prohibition" did - huh??)
And as history of smoking bans has already shown - it will END the same way too!!
You are absolutely wrong. I work in the Bar & Restaurant Service Industry in DelMarVa, Delaware, Maryland and Virgina and I have to tell you Maryland is by far the most successful state I've seen to restrict smoking. They started with a few counties and cities going smoke free and that didn't work to well, but once the state passed strict smoking restrictions to include all Bars, Restaurants to include Private Bars and Vet Clubs it has been an overwhelming success. It's been a few years and everyone is pleased, the owners, the patrons, the workers. I was nervous at first but my business is booming and business is doing great in Maryland. I can't remember when I last walked into a bar in Maryland where I smelled smoke. The Owners take pride in their bars and the bars are so much cleaner and they are packed with patrons.
Come see for yourself, and talk to the bar owners and you too will be a believer.

Since: Jun 12

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

The Ultimate Kaptoz wrote:
Why should they woo for non-smokers when smoking is legal? Typical of Liberals poking their noses into business affairs. Like yuppies moving out to the country and complaining about the smell of cows , hogs. and manure or people burning trash outside in the fields. Now the same typical Liberal yuppies complain about the smokers outside the business that has banned smoking due to Govt intervention into business affairs also.I bet the same person spouting off that a business should lure non-smokers lights up a big doobie daily or knows many friends that smoke weed everyday all day long. I love how do good Liberals tell us how bad smoking is to out health, Yet those same Liberals smoke pot everyday and do other illicit drugs. Then they explain well weed isn't unhealthy lol.Studies have been conducted showing weed does more damage than ciggy smoke to the lungs not to mention brain cells. How many have stood next to someone who smokes pot everyday and how strong they stink.How many men and women douse heavy perfume and cologne on before they go out to the bars ans clubs to party. Some of that cologne and perfume is toxic.
What some bar owners are doing is switching into strip bars to make up for lost business.
Smoke Free

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

The Ultimate Kaptoz wrote:
Why should they woo for non-smokers when smoking is legal? Typical of Liberals poking their noses into business affairs. Like yuppies moving out to the country and complaining about the smell of cows , hogs. and manure or people burning trash outside in the fields. Now the same typical Liberal yuppies complain about the smokers outside the business that has banned smoking due to Govt intervention into business affairs also.I bet the same person spouting off that a business should lure non-smokers lights up a big doobie daily or knows many friends that smoke weed everyday all day long. I love how do good Liberals tell us how bad smoking is to out health, Yet those same Liberals smoke pot everyday and do other illicit drugs. Then they explain well weed isn't unhealthy lol.Studies have been conducted showing weed does more damage than ciggy smoke to the lungs not to mention brain cells. How many have stood next to someone who smokes pot everyday and how strong they stink.How many men and women douse heavy perfume and cologne on before they go out to the bars ans clubs to party. Some of that cologne and perfume is toxic.
You are such an idiot. Stop bloviating! You are wrong about most everything you posted. First, I'm a proud Die Hard Republican Conservative. Second Hand Smoke is dangerous to employees and patrons and has no place in today's society. Sure tobacco products are legal but many legal products have restrictions placed on them. Does Firearms ring a bell for you? Does Automobiles ring a bell for you? All legal but have many much need restrictions placed on their use.

When a legal product like Cigarettes and it's by-products(second hand smoke) is found to be potentially dangerous, then I expect people to stop that action and if they don't then I expect the local, state and federal governments to stop that action and make restrictions and laws to protect the patrons and most important the Employees of these establishments. That's one thing I expect my taxes to be used for and that's why I vote so the political leaders listen.

Since: Jun 12

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Smoke Free wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot. Stop bloviating! You are wrong about most everything you posted. First, I'm a proud Die Hard Republican Conservative. Second Hand Smoke is dangerous to employees and patrons and has no place in today's society. Sure tobacco products are legal but many legal products have restrictions placed on them. Does Firearms ring a bell for you? Does Automobiles ring a bell for you? All legal but have many much need restrictions placed on their use.
When a legal product like Cigarettes and it's by-products(second hand smoke) is found to be potentially dangerous, then I expect people to stop that action and if they don't then I expect the local, state and federal governments to stop that action and make restrictions and laws to protect the patrons and most important the Employees of these establishments. That's one thing I expect my taxes to be used for and that's why I vote so the political leaders listen.
You are such an idiot you would lock yourself in a garage turn on the car and live to tell about it. I expect you to do it !!!!!!
Hugh Jass Jr

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

[QUOTE who="Delmarva] You are absolutely wrong.[/QUOTE]

OOOKKKKK?

Stanton Glantz was caught in his lies!
Every locality has had businesses fold because of the bans
Every locality has lost Tax revenues because of the bans
In EVERY state there are people who "Get around" or ignore the bans

So where exactly did you prove that I was "ABSOLUTELY WRONG"???

I am glad that the place you work at is doing well - but DON'T EVEN BEGIN to tell me that you have been to EVERY SINGLE bar and restaurant in Maryland!
Hugh Jass Jr

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 20, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Smoke Free wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot. Stop bloviating! You are wrong about most everything you posted. First, I'm a proud Die Hard Republican Conservative. Second Hand Smoke is dangerous to employees and patrons and has no place in today's society. Sure tobacco products are legal but many legal products have restrictions placed on them. Does Firearms ring a bell for you? Does Automobiles ring a bell for you? All legal but have many much need restrictions placed on their use.
When a legal product like Cigarettes and it's by-products(second hand smoke) is found to be potentially dangerous, then I expect people to stop that action and if they don't then I expect the local, state and federal governments to stop that action and make restrictions and laws to protect the patrons and most important the Employees of these establishments. That's one thing I expect my taxes to be used for and that's why I vote so the political leaders listen.
------ Talk about BOLVIATING!!!!!!!!??
Delmarva

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

That's what I do for a living you fool! I go to bars and restaurants with bars and I sell them things. I go to Biker Bars, Mom & Pop Bars, franchise bars, hotel bars, hole in the wall bars, private clubs and Vet Clubs and ALL do not allow smoking in them. The owners are so happy with the smoking restrictions and wished they went smoke free 10 years ago. The Liquor Lobbyists and the Restaurant Association got all the owners scared stiff when Maryland was thinking about a smoking ban. The Tobacco Company funded Scare tactics proved false and they sure have egg on their faces now! The smoking restrictions have been very successful and Maryland would never go back and reverse they smoking laws. The smokers here know their place and politely step outside smoke and step back in. It really works great, even in the cold nasty weather.

Since: Jun 12

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Demarva .....you must be selling your hand picked bars those toy lie detectors where nobody tells the truth anymore.
bar employee

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

apparently no one on this forum work in an indy bar. I can say with full certainty that the smoking ban has hurt business. People should have a right on hoe to run their business. let some bars be smoke free and other bars remain smoking that way we ALL have a choice. most bar employees knew what they were getting into when then started.

Since: Jun 12

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

bar employee wrote:
apparently no one on this forum work in an indy bar. I can say with full certainty that the smoking ban has hurt business. People should have a right on hoe to run their business. let some bars be smoke free and other bars remain smoking that way we ALL have a choice. most bar employees knew what they were getting into when then started.
Nice to hear, and see you speak up with real facts. You definately do not need someone who will never even set foot in your bar make the decisions for you ... they are a total insult to your very capable inteligence of knowing what you want to do in your life and have every right to do so.
Christian Republican

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Next up...

We need to stop unmarried people from hooking up in bars. Sex without marriage is wrong. After this is accomplished,we should outlaw the sale of alcohol and liquor in bars.
HowzBoutDat

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Radical Muslim wrote:
Next up...
We need to stop unmarried people from hooking up in bars. Sex without marriage is wrong. After this is accomplished,we should outlaw the sale of alcohol and liquor in bars.
Fixed it.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 7, 2012
 
Did the so called diehard Republican morph into Bill O'reilly ? Many things can be harmful indeed.I noticed you didn't mention weed being illegal. Yet weed is being promoted heavily over ciggy smoking. That tells me you more than likely smoke weed all the while you tell me and others how harmful cigg smoking is and it's second hand smoke.How soon before the and Rino Republicans like yourself tell us we have to stay put of the sun as a mandatory rule of law for 6 hours of the day .Because we know the sun causes many cancers.So smoke Free and missing many brain cells. Tell me is second hand weed smoke dangerous? Does it smell ?.Have you researched studies done on the harmful effects of smoking weed?I lived around smokers all my life. Guess what my lungs are in perfect shape. Explain that. I guess I must have super DNA .yet I also was around many potheads smoking weed and That smoke made me sick.Yes and then come the drink police like before as they enact prohibition again . Because they know whats best for us all in a free society where as adults we should be allowed to make decisions when things are legal and allowed to be purchased and used.The food police are already out there telling us what we will eat now. Like the smoke police you are part of.You have so been duped Mr or Miss phony Republican. If you don't like the cigg smoke at any of those bars or establishments that allow smoking, Then don't go there, Don't stand out front of them. Start you're own bar smoke free. Stop telling other business's to abide by your Marxist Fascist rules or else.I guess we should blame those Native American Indians for cigg tobacco lol.recent studies have shown that cigg smoking actually wards off alzheimers and parkinson disease .So while you continue to blow smoke up smokers rear ends Maybe you can live inside a bubble and have nobody to blame for using a legal substance .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of71
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••