Will the Second Amendment be shot down if we ban assault weapons?

Jul 29, 2012 Full story: Illinoisreview 31

According to Judith Miller , author and a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter formerly with the New York Times, it is still possible to honor the 2nd Amendment even if assault rifles are banned.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#1 Jul 30, 2012
Of course it will. All you have to do is consider the only kind of Supreme Court decision that could justify the ban to know it would not leave any limits to banning other weapons - ANY WEAPONS.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 30, 2012
Ask the 'man on the street' to describe an "assault weapon" and you'll get as many answers as all those blind men describing an elephant.

The Main-stream media never met an assault weapons story they didn't like....knowing what one IS, well that really doesn't matter to them.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 30, 2012
YOU know which guns they refer to. We all do. And full auto should not be regulated either.

Our govts are hustling us out of our rights. It's like taking candy from babies.
U S American

Silver Spring, MD

#4 Jul 30, 2012
Do you know how to cook crabs?

Put them in a pot of cool water and slowly turn up the heat until the Constitution, oh my mistake, I should have said the crabs, until there is no more life in them. Then they are able to easily be devoured.

High cap mags right now, assault rifles today, semi's tomorrow. Isn't this still arms denial?

I saw a movie one time called "The Boy in Striped Pajamas". When the Nazis had the people in the gas chamber one of them actual said that they were there just for a shower. You ever noticed how few of the Nazi's were needed to herd thousands of people into the cattle cars? Did you also notice who had the guns and who didn't?

I have no doubt that the 4 horsemen are socialist leading the U.S. to a type of gas chamber. Maybe not to murder us as those poor souls were but to kill the spirit of our country by killing our Constitution.

IN NOVEMBER VOTE CONSTITUTION, VOTE AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. WE ALL KNOW IT DOES.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 30, 2012
U S American wrote:
Do you know how to cook crabs?
Put them in a pot of cool water and slowly turn up the heat until the Constitution, oh my mistake, I should have said the crabs, until there is no more life in them. Then they are able to easily be devoured.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IN NOVEMBER VOTE CONSTITUTION, VOTE AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. WE ALL KNOW IT DOES.
Not so sure about your crab pot analogy, I dump mine in boiling water, but I do agree with the rest. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. And we can't risk another four years of incompetence and failure. Anybody but Obama and his gang of Pirates.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 30, 2012
Everyone EXCEPT police will be doing mandatory national service to help them pay off the national deficit which will never be paid off.

The Germans thought working on the autobahn was a great idea until they were forced to work on it.

They vote today in the Senate...hmm, wonder what they're voting on, eh ?

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#7 Jul 31, 2012
So this is where the little bus drops its passengers.. What a bunch of dopes..

Waaahhhh......
Here they come to get my guns..
Waaaahhhhh..

Wackos....
Nobody is taking your guns you morons!!! You don't need automatic weapons or pallets of ammo.. You need a shrink and some strong meds.. Freaks....
ha ha

Natural Bridge Station, VA

#8 Jul 31, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
So this is where the little bus drops its passengers.. What a bunch of dopes..
Waaahhhh......
Here they come to get my guns..
Waaaahhhhh..
Wackos....
Nobody is taking your guns you morons!!! You don't need automatic weapons or pallets of ammo.. You need a shrink and some strong meds.. Freaks....
and how do you know what people need commie dick sucker
ha ha

Natural Bridge Station, VA

#9 Jul 31, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
So this is where the little bus drops its passengers.. What a bunch of dopes..
Waaahhhh......
Here they come to get my guns..
Waaaahhhhh..
Wackos....
Nobody is taking your guns you morons!!! You don't need automatic weapons or pallets of ammo.. You need a shrink and some strong meds.. Freaks....
its called the Bill Of Rights not the bill of needs. now commie dicker go f%%k yourself
Robert

AOL

#14 Aug 2, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
So this is where the little bus drops its passengers.. What a bunch of dopes..
Waaahhhh......
Here they come to get my guns..
Waaaahhhhh..
Wackos....
Nobody is taking your guns you morons!!! You don't need automatic weapons or pallets of ammo.. You need a shrink and some strong meds.. Freaks....
You need to come on out from behind your posting name and say some of those things. Freak? Wackos? dopes? I'd tear your damn head off and sh!t down your neck, boy.
Robert

AOL

#15 Aug 2, 2012
To try and take all the guns away from americans. Would either be the end of the federal government,or the end of the United States as you know it today. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#16 Aug 2, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to come on out from behind your posting name and say some of those things. Freak? Wackos? dopes? I'd tear your damn head off and sh!t down your neck, boy.
Bring it on Bobby baby.... I don't think you would get very far with that... You would just pee your panties and start to cry.... Big mouth freak loser.. I don't need a gun to protect myself unlike your wimpy limp wristed self....

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#17 Aug 2, 2012
Robert wrote:
To try and take all the guns away from americans. Would either be the end of the federal government,or the end of the United States as you know it today. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
And nobody has even tried to stupid.. Put down your NRA magazine, turn off that horrible Ted Nugent music and go outside and play.. Maybe you might even talk to someone..

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#18 Aug 2, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
And nobody has even tried to stupid.
Anti-gun, hoplophobe democrats put in anti-gun bills EVERY YEAR. They just never make it out of committee. And because the MSM is uber-liberal, you never hear about it in the news. The state of California has banned certain typed of weapons, and those who did not get those weapons out of the state when the ban went into effect were forced to turn them over or face fines and jail.

Push that lie someplace else.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#19 Aug 2, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti-gun, hoplophobe democrats put in anti-gun bills EVERY YEAR. They just never make it out of committee. And because the MSM is uber-liberal, you never hear about it in the news. The state of California has banned certain typed of weapons, and those who did not get those weapons out of the state when the ban went into effect were forced to turn them over or face fines and jail.
Push that lie someplace else.
You should actually show some sort of proof... Not just made up NRA nonsense...

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#20 Aug 2, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
You should actually show some sort of proof... Not just made up NRA nonsense...
You're telling someone else to provide proof??? That is funny. Ad I am NOT a member of the NRA. But since you asked: http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firear...

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#21 Aug 3, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
You should actually show some sort of proof... Not just made up NRA nonsense...
Calm down, he's on your side.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#22 Aug 3, 2012
Well....look what the cat dragged in. The paranoid psycho who is nuttier than squirrel dung. Find those microphones yet?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#23 Aug 3, 2012
Ever since the cops successfully armed and antagonized a nutjob to get him to shoot everyone, YOU have been hiding.

Maybe you can explain why moon-lighting cops (security guards) were absent at the theatre. Did they prefer not to be a target ?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#24 Aug 3, 2012
Tory II wrote:
Ever since the cops successfully armed and antagonized a nutjob to get him to shoot everyone, YOU have been hiding.
Maybe you can explain why moon-lighting cops (security guards) were absent at the theatre. Did they prefer not to be a target ?
Actually I was on vacation with my family (out of state, no computer or smart phone....it was awesome), but have been on here pretty regular since I have been back. Why....did you miss me, Noid?? I'm all creeped out now. Thanks.

I see you are still off your meds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 1 hr Squach 12,057
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot Tue Independent1 4
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision Dec 11 Vern5554566 4
Deer Hunting Time Dec 9 kurtcooksalot16 1
Bill would stiffen background checks Dec 8 Independent1 3
SAFE Act PROTEST draws crowd in Lewis County (Jun '13) Dec 7 lowville resident 4
More from around the web