It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,362

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#76123 Sep 6, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amphoe_Sing...

he will give order
evilllllllllllllllllllllllll
truth

Perth, Australia

#76124 Sep 6, 2012
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#76125 Sep 6, 2012
2 It's called Google use it. 3 Need for life = Thug with weapon going to kill you for your TV or wallet = self defense needed for life. 4 20000 regulations have not stopped crime or murder so just how much more till that idea works? Criminals don't follow regulations. 5 Google those who don't even serve their time if any. Prisons are being required to release criminals because of overcrowding. Moms who kill their children most often spend a little time in the nut house then go home GOOGLE IT. 6 The sword made it easier to kill and at the time those in power did not think the public could be trusted with them. 7Deter crime with more severe punishment for criminals. No parole, no probation, quick court no waiting years for trial, swift and effective punishment, mandatory punishment for severe crimes, death penalty cases open to public.
MalbarCACA Gun Owners

Carrum Downs, Australia

#76126 Sep 6, 2012
These people are mentally sick, ignorant, delusional, pathetic and cowards.
truth

Perth, Australia

#76127 Sep 6, 2012
why don't you find my killers who tochering me and my kids for 25 years..is my killers good wrote document ..mental state..is my killers practicing over my son 22 years my husband my family ..where is that evil killers..did somebody going give certificate to them..or what..evil people.
truth

Perth, Australia

#76128 Sep 6, 2012
http://www.google.com.au/search...

just read who liked kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e
and why

just see
why i am mentalllllllllllll
evil peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

25 years much more sience i been born..my accusers as well killers are some
25 63 41
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amphoe_Sing...

see wicket try have holy ticket

see why they liked kill me

25 years some toward me and my kids
truth

Perth, Australia

#76129 Sep 6, 2012
ajde sramu znas gdje

nitko nebi trpio sto ja trpim i moja obitelj
MalbarCACA Gun Owners

Carrum Downs, Australia

#76130 Sep 6, 2012
See how sick and pathetic these people are?^^
Dr Freud

Switzerland

#76131 Sep 6, 2012
Kat wrote:
Clearly you were if you don't comprehend sarcasm.
The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy. By your flawed logic, why can't everyone have a bomb? Only for protection, of course.
"Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy."

If that were to be true, then those places which afford their people the right to keep and bear arms would be those places where there would be the most death. But as history has it, just the opposite is true.
More it is that the more people with guns equals the fewer the number that will be hurt with those guns. In the U.S. alone, on a yearly basis, there are upwards of 2.5 million incidents where a gun is used in self-defense, and in very few instances is one of those guns actually discharged.
So, as both history and the data reveals, your remark is nothing other than hyperbole based in nothing but the emotional, and known falsehoods.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#76132 Sep 6, 2012
blah wrote:
Can't believe you clowns are still arguing over this.
The OP was correct. It's the Guns, Stupid.
Nah, just arguing with the stupid people that think it is.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#76133 Sep 6, 2012
MalbarCACA Gun Owners wrote:
These people are mentally sick, ignorant, delusional, pathetic and cowards.
I agree...all those people that think it's the guns are just wacko.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#76134 Sep 6, 2012
truth wrote:
why don't you find my killers who tochering me and my kids for 25 years..is my killers good wrote document ..mental state..is my killers practicing over my son 22 years my husband my family ..where is that evil killers..did somebody going give certificate to them..or what..evil people.
Yup, looks like you're dead all right, brain dead.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#76136 Sep 7, 2012
Kat wrote:
The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy. By your flawed logic, why can't everyone have a bomb? Only for protection, of course.
You can not see the conflict in your statements?
Seriously?

"The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill."

Really? You see no conflict in the above^ two sentences?

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#76137 Sep 7, 2012
Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost me here. But I agree, you all need more guns to fire back at the killers. Everyone should be armed to protect themselves! There would be no more death.
Sigh.
Well, if you are sighing because the thugs are getting killed, then screw you.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#76138 Sep 7, 2012
Kat wrote:
Maybe by your flawed feelings.

Bombs tend to kill the user.

Guns tend to kill the people they are aimed at.

Try not to aim one at yourself or a loved one.

I will continue to aim mine at predators.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#76139 Sep 7, 2012
blah wrote:
Can't believe you clowns are still arguing over this.
The OP was correct. It's the Guns, Stupid.
Well, smacking stupid little rodents like you is almost as fun as helping ignorant fools lose their stupidity over guns,

I must say I do like how you puncuate your stupidity with such certainty.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#76140 Sep 7, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes, I'm back again:)
I never really left though...but whatever:)
2. I don't know any parents that have been convicted of brutally killing their kids, and are NOW walking the streets. What are you talking about, and what point are you trying to make here?
3. If you don't know the difference between WATER (which humans needs to LIVE, and for physical hygiene) as opposed to GUNS, then you're a lost cause:)
We NEED water for every day living, we do NOT need guns for every day living...just ask Japan!
4. Mostly, I never wanted a ban on guns. I am for REGULATING GUN!
Just like it says in the 2nd amendment!
"Well regulated".
Just like POOLS are regulated to prevent injury and drowning (water) I would want the same for guns:)
5. Who are you referring to when you say "don't even mention the slap on the wrist"?
HUH?
This makes no sense.
I know a LOT of people that are against guns, and HATE Casey Anthony, and have spoken out endlessly against her freedom!
Try to pay attention better:)
6. I never said guns were evil. The evil lies in the person USING the gun:) The gun just makes it so much easier to express that evil, and KILL many people in mere seconds.
7. I do place the blame on the killers....what are you talking about? You make no sense.
8. Are you saying you are FOR guns rights...but AGAINST human and civil rights?
How can you feel that someone has the right to a GUN, but does NOT have the right to a TRIAL, or even charges properly?
Drawn and quartered within hours? What if the person was innocent, and the child lied, then regretted it...his parent would already be DEAD!
DUH!
Back to the real world and common sense please:)
That's why WE and almost every developed country has a Judicial system!
9. How would it "deter unwanted pregnancy"?
Can you be specific?
10. How would it END the abortion debate?
Can you be specific?
11. How would it drops aids?
can you be specific?
Is this your OPINION or are you basing this on facts?
I bet it's a moot opinion.
Idiot.

Name one regulation that actually keeps guns out of the hands of criminals?

Explain why you feel the mere exercise of a right should be regualted?

Explaine the difference between exercising a right and misbehaving?

You have learned to use google, try to educate yourself with it.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#76141 Sep 7, 2012
Kat wrote:
Jane you ignorant slut,

If guns make it so easy to kill,

then explain how adding 60 million guns to US public ownership in the past ten years has only seen a drop in the number of gun deaths.

You thundering moron.

Just one little explanation to justify your ignorance pretending to be an opinion.

How about why does the internet allows so many dumbshits to pollute the WWW with their ignorance..

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#76142 Sep 7, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you are sighing because the thugs are getting killed, then screw you.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, all those "thugs" watching Batman with their kids?

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#76143 Sep 7, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
I guess that's better than the "Jane" crap you plagiarized:)
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one regulation that actually keeps guns out of the hands of criminals?
The Brady Law:)
We have already went over, and posted the numbers that the Feds deny millions of criminals guns, with a less than .1% error rate!

Will that stop ALL criminals...NO!
Will that stop SOME criminals...yes!

How is that a bad thing?
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain why you feel the mere exercise of a right should be regulated?
The same reason the cops felt the guy in front of the Empire State building was not exercising his right when he pulled the gun...and they killed him.
No right is absolute, and almost everything is regulated.
You see, when TWO rights conflict (example: the right to free speech conflicts with my right to not be libeled, or defamed, or slandered...that's why there are laws against those things and are not protected under free speech) there has to be a common ground, and that is REGULATION:)
I personally feel it should be regulated, because I have a right to not be SHOT by a convicted felon with a legally purchased gun!
Get it yet?
Why should your right to a gun override my right to not be shot?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 2 hr Here Is One 11,459
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 2 hr Here Is One 345
Eric Frein manhunt turns up explosives 10 hr FormerParatrooper 11
Florida's 55 Bloomberg Anti-Second Amendment Ma... Tue Squach 8
3 year old shoots AR and survives Tue Kentucky-Mitch 11
Katy Burns: Locked and loaded - " and only 9 ye... Tue Kentucky-Mitch 8
Connecticut state agencies battle over whether ... Tue Here Is One 8

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE