It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
71,261 - 71,280 of 103,234 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76115
Sep 6, 2012
 
Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost me here. But I agree, you all need more guns to fire back at the killers. Everyone should be armed to protect themselves! There would be no more death.
Sigh.
Were you a kindergarten drop out ?
Kat

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76116
Sep 6, 2012
 
Clearly you were if you don't comprehend sarcasm.

The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy. By your flawed logic, why can't everyone have a bomb? Only for protection, of course.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76117
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Kat wrote:
Clearly you were if you don't comprehend sarcasm.
The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy. By your flawed logic, why can't everyone have a bomb? Only for protection, of course.
I know sarcasm" and yours is born of stupidity and immaturity.

Baseball bats make it very easy to kill.

Cavemen used sharpened stones.

You can have a bomb if you wish , if you are creative enough.

I imagine if you are the victim of a home invasion which is an increasing crime in OZ , you will be quite happy for the police to come to fill out a report if their level of funding permits them a car.

You don't live in a fantasyland.

Sweep your own doorstep.

Americans hardly need your advice or sarcasm.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76118
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kat wrote:
Clearly you were if you don't comprehend sarcasm.
The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy. By your flawed logic, why can't everyone have a bomb? Only for protection, of course.
Talk about flawed logic. When a rock was the most powerful weapon would banning them stopped killers? How about the sword? Have you ever heard of IED? Improvised explosive device, they are used around the world everyday and no they are not sold at Walmart that is why IMPROVISED is part of the name. Oklahoma City FBI building ring a bell? You just don't get it, lock a criminal up and put a guard on them 24/7 and they still attack each other with weapons they make with resources at hand. Killers use whatever tool they can get and outlawing one just makes them use another in most cases more powerful. Would a wolf prefer to get in a pen full of sheep or a pen full of wolves? Disarming the victims is "Flawed Logic".
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76119
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kat wrote:
Clearly you were if you don't comprehend sarcasm.
The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy. By your flawed logic, why can't everyone have a bomb? Only for protection, of course.
I guess you missed the fight and debate over switch blade knives. They were the weapon of choice for gangs, they made killing too easy, banning them would save lives. Guess what, IT DIDN'T WORK. It just caused gangs to move up to guns. Ban guns and let's see that work just as well. Ban Pot and guess what? Drugs like meth pop up. Yet another success at altering human nature.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Johnstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76120
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Are you back again? I have a better one. How about parents that kill their kids in gruesome ways then go to the nut house for a few months then walk the streets like nothing happened? Mothers drown their kids but you don't scream ban water or even mention the slap on the wrist then pity for the killers being mental. Yet an object proven to be of use in self defense is evil. Why don't you place the blame where it belongs, ON THE KILLER and society for allowing these nut cases to keep walking. How many parents would let harm come to their child much less cause that harm if the law was automatic drawn and quartered within 24 hours of that harm coming to the child? I bet it would also severely deter unwanted pregnancy and unprotected sex. We would no longer have the argument of abortion either. Another benefit would be a large drop in aids.
1. Yes, I'm back again:)
I never really left though...but whatever:)

2. I don't know any parents that have been convicted of brutally killing their kids, and are NOW walking the streets. What are you talking about, and what point are you trying to make here?

3. If you don't know the difference between WATER (which humans needs to LIVE, and for physical hygiene) as opposed to GUNS, then you're a lost cause:)
We NEED water for every day living, we do NOT need guns for every day living...just ask Japan!

4. Mostly, I never wanted a ban on guns. I am for REGULATING GUN!
Just like it says in the 2nd amendment!
"Well regulated".
Just like POOLS are regulated to prevent injury and drowning (water) I would want the same for guns:)

5. Who are you referring to when you say "don't even mention the slap on the wrist"?
HUH?
This makes no sense.
I know a LOT of people that are against guns, and HATE Casey Anthony, and have spoken out endlessly against her freedom!
Try to pay attention better:)

6. I never said guns were evil. The evil lies in the person USING the gun:) The gun just makes it so much easier to express that evil, and KILL many people in mere seconds.

7. I do place the blame on the killers....what are you talking about? You make no sense.

8. Are you saying you are FOR guns rights...but AGAINST human and civil rights?
How can you feel that someone has the right to a GUN, but does NOT have the right to a TRIAL, or even charges properly?
Drawn and quartered within hours? What if the person was innocent, and the child lied, then regretted it...his parent would already be DEAD!
DUH!
Back to the real world and common sense please:)
That's why WE and almost every developed country has a Judicial system!

9. How would it "deter unwanted pregnancy"?
Can you be specific?

10. How would it END the abortion debate?
Can you be specific?

11. How would it drops aids?
can you be specific?

Is this your OPINION or are you basing this on facts?
I bet it's a moot opinion.

blah

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76121
Sep 6, 2012
 
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes, I'm back again:)
I never really left though...but whatever:)
Hey
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
2. I don't know any parents that have been convicted of brutally killing their kids, and are NOW walking the streets. What are you talking about, and what point are you trying to make here?
Snow Bunny,
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
3. If you don't know the difference between WATER (which humans needs to LIVE, and for physical hygiene) as opposed to GUNS, then you're a lost cause:)
We NEED water for every day living, we do NOT need guns for every day living...just ask Japan!
How
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
4. Mostly, I never wanted a ban on guns. I am for REGULATING GUN!
Just like it says in the 2nd amendment!
"Well regulated".
Just like POOLS are regulated to prevent injury and drowning (water) I would want the same for guns:)
About
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
5. Who are you referring to when you say "don't even mention the slap on the wrist"?
HUH?
This makes no sense.
I know a LOT of people that are against guns, and HATE Casey Anthony, and have spoken out endlessly against her freedom!
Try to pay attention better:)
You
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
6. I never said guns were evil. The evil lies in the person USING the gun:) The gun just makes it so much easier to express that evil, and KILL many people in mere seconds.
STFU
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
7. I do place the blame on the killers....what are you talking about? You make no sense.
And
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
8. Are you saying you are FOR guns rights...but AGAINST human and civil rights?
How can you feel that someone has the right to a GUN, but does NOT have the right to a TRIAL, or even charges properly?
Drawn and quartered within hours? What if the person was innocent, and the child lied, then regretted it...his parent would already be DEAD!
DUH!
Back to the real world and common sense please:)
That's why WE and almost every developed country has a Judicial system!
Go
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
9. How would it "deter unwanted pregnancy"?
Can you be specific?
Gag
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
10. How would it END the abortion debate?
Can you be specific?
On
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
11. How would it drops aids?
can you be specific?
Is this your OPINION or are you basing this on facts?
I bet it's a moot opinion.
Cawk?
blah

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76122
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Can't believe you clowns are still arguing over this.

The OP was correct. It's the Guns, Stupid.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76123
Sep 6, 2012
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amphoe_Sing...

he will give order
evilllllllllllllllllllllllll
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76124
Sep 6, 2012
 
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76125
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

2 It's called Google use it. 3 Need for life = Thug with weapon going to kill you for your TV or wallet = self defense needed for life. 4 20000 regulations have not stopped crime or murder so just how much more till that idea works? Criminals don't follow regulations. 5 Google those who don't even serve their time if any. Prisons are being required to release criminals because of overcrowding. Moms who kill their children most often spend a little time in the nut house then go home GOOGLE IT. 6 The sword made it easier to kill and at the time those in power did not think the public could be trusted with them. 7Deter crime with more severe punishment for criminals. No parole, no probation, quick court no waiting years for trial, swift and effective punishment, mandatory punishment for severe crimes, death penalty cases open to public.
MalbarCACA Gun Owners

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76126
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

These people are mentally sick, ignorant, delusional, pathetic and cowards.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76127
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

why don't you find my killers who tochering me and my kids for 25 years..is my killers good wrote document ..mental state..is my killers practicing over my son 22 years my husband my family ..where is that evil killers..did somebody going give certificate to them..or what..evil people.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76128
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

http://www.google.com.au/search...

just read who liked kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e
and why

just see
why i am mentalllllllllllll
evil peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

25 years much more sience i been born..my accusers as well killers are some
25 63 41
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amphoe_Sing...

see wicket try have holy ticket

see why they liked kill me

25 years some toward me and my kids
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76129
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

ajde sramu znas gdje

nitko nebi trpio sto ja trpim i moja obitelj
MalbarCACA Gun Owners

Glen Iris, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76130
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

See how sick and pathetic these people are?^^
Dr Freud

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76131
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Kat wrote:
Clearly you were if you don't comprehend sarcasm.
The argument guns is just the tool of a killer is laughable. Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy. By your flawed logic, why can't everyone have a bomb? Only for protection, of course.
"Guns make it very easy to kill. Too easy."

If that were to be true, then those places which afford their people the right to keep and bear arms would be those places where there would be the most death. But as history has it, just the opposite is true.
More it is that the more people with guns equals the fewer the number that will be hurt with those guns. In the U.S. alone, on a yearly basis, there are upwards of 2.5 million incidents where a gun is used in self-defense, and in very few instances is one of those guns actually discharged.
So, as both history and the data reveals, your remark is nothing other than hyperbole based in nothing but the emotional, and known falsehoods.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76132
Sep 6, 2012
 
blah wrote:
Can't believe you clowns are still arguing over this.
The OP was correct. It's the Guns, Stupid.
Nah, just arguing with the stupid people that think it is.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76133
Sep 6, 2012
 
MalbarCACA Gun Owners wrote:
These people are mentally sick, ignorant, delusional, pathetic and cowards.
I agree...all those people that think it's the guns are just wacko.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76134
Sep 6, 2012
 
truth wrote:
why don't you find my killers who tochering me and my kids for 25 years..is my killers good wrote document ..mental state..is my killers practicing over my son 22 years my husband my family ..where is that evil killers..did somebody going give certificate to them..or what..evil people.
Yup, looks like you're dead all right, brain dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••