Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Comments
6,241 - 6,260 of 9,571 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2014

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6578
Aug 7, 2012
 
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
How smart? Not very. And his stupidity cost him his life. Next.
So an unarmed kid heading home who gets haranged by a stranger isn't smart.

Why given he didn't make the choice for George to follow him.

Had I been 17 and some strange man were following me like a God damned pedophile I too may have taken actions to protect myself if that is indeed what took place.

Self defense by Trayvon looks one hell of a lot more plausible than claiming he just went rapid dog crazy and attacked Zimmerman without provocation.

Fact.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6579
Aug 7, 2012
 
Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't illegal to be outside on that night either for Trayvon now was it.
It's not illegal for a man to follow a little girl like a creep but it will be seen for what it is friend. George followed Trayvon like a creep. George was the trigger all the way from point A to Z. Trayvon didn't have an obligation to do jack shit. It was George who was in pursuit you complete moron. I don't care how you break it down those are the facts.
Zimmerman was in fact stalking what he had in his limited mind was a "suspect" while he played cop.
You can tap dance around it as much as you want but the overall fact stands true. Had it not been a fact Zimmerman would not have been in the proximity of Trayvon friend given he was headed somewhere else when this event started.
Sorry, but there's no denying Zimmerman had it wrong to begin with and then carried it to the point it ended up at.
conĚjecĚture/k&#601;n& #712;jekCH&#601;r/

Noun:

An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.


Verb:

Form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.


Synonyms:

noun. guess - surmise - supposition - presumption - assumption

verb. guess - surmise - presume - suppose - assume - speculate

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6580
Aug 7, 2012
 
Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not into playing games.
Apparently you are.
You used these cases as a misaligned tool. And then plyed for some weird sense of dignity by bringing up the Anthony case in particualr.
This particualr case holds no simularities to any of the above trials. The Scott Peterson case was tried in the media as well and Scott isn't taking cruises to the Bahamas this year because of it fool.
Give it a rest. This case will stand on it's own merits.
Paranoia
Definition
Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them, and believe that certain individuals, or people in general, are "out to get them."

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6581
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't illegal to be outside on that night either for Trayvon now was it.
It's not illegal for a man to follow a little girl like a creep but it will be seen for what it is friend. George followed Trayvon like a creep. George was the trigger all the way from point A to Z. Trayvon didn't have an obligation to do jack shit. It was George who was in pursuit you complete moron. I don't care how you break it down those are the facts.
Zimmerman was in fact stalking what he had in his limited mind was a "suspect" while he played cop.
You can tap dance around it as much as you want but the overall fact stands true. Had it not been a fact Zimmerman would not have been in the proximity of Trayvon friend given he was headed somewhere else when this event started.
Sorry, but there's no denying Zimmerman had it wrong to begin with and then carried it to the point it ended up at.
Wow...talk about tap dancing. Were you Ginger Rogers in a previous life??

And sorry, but "following like a creep" and "in pursuit" are your OPINION...not facts. And you are right. Martin wasn't obligated to do anything. He could have stood right there and not said a word. He could have hung around and waited for the cops to show up. He could have told Zimmerman to go f**k himself. He could have done a lot of things. But apparently, that's not what happened is it? He put an guy, who was LEGALLY carrying a concealed weapon, in fear for his life, and that armed man ended that threat. Who actually initiated the physical conflict is all Zimmerman's word against Martin's...and Martin isn't saying shit is he?

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6582
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>conĚjecĚture/k&#60 1;n&#712;jekCH&#601;r/
Noun:
An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
Verb:
Form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.
Synonyms:
noun. guess - surmise - supposition - presumption - assumption
verb. guess - surmise - presume - suppose - assume - speculate
And your point game player?

You might want to look up the word 'fact' while you've got your Webster's Dictionary cracked open.

And it's an undeniable fact we've got a dead unarmed kid as a result from the shooting by an armed man in pursuit of what he thought was a criminal whose weak defense is that this gangly kid ambushed him intent on killing him unprovoked with his hands and his only means of avoiding death was to shoot.

I gotta ask.....who but a limp wristed pussy would actually believe this line of crap?

LOL!!!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6583
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
So an unarmed kid heading home who gets haranged by a stranger isn't smart.
Why given he didn't make the choice for George to follow him.
Had I been 17 and some strange man were following me like a God damned pedophile I too may have taken actions to protect myself if that is indeed what took place.
Self defense by Trayvon looks one hell of a lot more plausible than claiming he just went rapid dog crazy and attacked Zimmerman without provocation.
Fact.
Would you hang around to see if the guy was going to keep following you after you had a 2 minute head start? Or would you use that two minutes to cover the last 80-100 yards to get safely inside your home (or place you were staying) and call the cops???

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6584
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...talk about tap dancing. Were you Ginger Rogers in a previous life??
And sorry, but "following like a creep" and "in pursuit" are your OPINION...not facts. And you are right. Martin wasn't obligated to do anything. He could have stood right there and not said a word. He could have hung around and waited for the cops to show up. He could have told Zimmerman to go f**k himself. He could have done a lot of things. But apparently, that's not what happened is it? He put an guy, who was LEGALLY carrying a concealed weapon, in fear for his life, and that armed man ended that threat. Who actually initiated the physical conflict is all Zimmerman's word against Martin's...and Martin isn't saying shit is he?
So George was not in pursuit of Trayvon?

Really.

What was it then? Coincidental that he ended up in the same path? George made a mistake in advising the police that he tracked Trayvon down when he should have said it just somehow happened?

LOL!!!

Good God.

Martin isn't able to say anything. Most murder victims can't.

What we know is that there's a dead unarmed kid who was headed home and would be alive if some freakish cop wanna be would have left him alone. That's what we know.

Now we have to sort out this little story the shooter has brought forward as a defense and determine if one - it's factual and two - if George acted correctly and three - determine if Trayvon attacked George for no God damned reason or acted in self defense.

From my vantage point George's goose is already in the oven baby. You believe what you want.

LOL!!!

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6585
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you hang around to see if the guy was going to keep following you after you had a 2 minute head start? Or would you use that two minutes to cover the last 80-100 yards to get safely inside your home (or place you were staying) and call the cops???
I don't know. Remember, Trayvon not only was doing nothing illegally, was in an are of his own residence but held no obligations to act in any specific manner.

Not all 17 year old kids are going to act like you might and flail their arms while screaming like little girls who saw their first snake when something looks hinky.

LOL!!!

Fact is it was George who was in the wrong. He had an innocent minor in his sights and determined on his own to make the actions he did that night.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6586
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point game player?
You might want to look up the word 'fact' while you've got your Webster's Dictionary cracked open.
And it's an undeniable fact we've got a dead unarmed kid as a result from the shooting by an armed man in pursuit of what he thought was a criminal whose weak defense is that this gangly kid ambushed him intent on killing him unprovoked with his hands and his only means of avoiding death was to shoot.
I gotta ask.....who but a limp wristed pussy would actually believe this line of crap?
LOL!!!
The "fact" that I do know is Martin , with cell phone in his hand did not call 911.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6587
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I dont believe George's accounts one bit. I believe Martin felt that he was in danger and his actions were 100% justified, thats my personal opinion. We've broken out the laws here before havent we? I see nothing that suggests martin was trying to kill zimmerman. Change up the scenerio a little bit. >IF< zimmerman states that Martin had both hands around his neck and was choking him, and zimmerman had the bruises to show, that changes things doesnt it? But a bloody nose and scrape on the back of the head dont do it for me. Just sayin. Nice 2nd failed attempt to put words in my mouth though.
And I am sure you hope the jury does not believe either.

Yet, there is no evidence to refute any of Z's statements of that night.

Lots of guessing on what z did or not do, the same sort of guessing what t was doing.

It will be interesting to see what "opinions" make it to court, and what facts make it to court.

I predict complete acquittal, followed by black people rioting in towns that have banned guns.

2 bucks says I am right.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6588
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Would >YOU< put >YOURSELF< in a room with grandpa firing willy nilly and 2/3rds of his shots are missing there intended target and flying in unintended directions? Would >YOU< put >YOUR< wife and >YOUR< kids in the room with you?
Funny, I think these are two rather simple Yes/No questions, two simple questions that NOONE here wants to answer....
Of course i would. 5 grandpas aiming at the bad guy trumps one bad guy aiming at you. At least in terms of accuracy and lethality.

if you knew anything about ballistics and collateral fire vs aimed fire, you would too.

This is my second time I have answered. Sorry I am late.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6589
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>The "fact" that I do know is Martin , with cell phone in his hand did not call 911.
Another fact...he had no obligation to do so.

Here's another fact...no one knows what took place in those moments sans one dead kid and George who has every reason to lie.

Add to that another fact people should not follow strangers like creeps and think there might not be repercussions.

Are you that stupid? LOL!!

Go do some field tests given you just may be.

Take a day off and pick out some stranger(s) to follow. Eyeball them like some suspicious freak and follow them around. Make notes now so you don't forget. Then do it at night.

Chances are you're not going to be met with pleasantries genius despite your cries it's not illegal to follow someone...LOL!!!

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6590
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>The "fact" that I do know is Martin , with cell phone in his hand did not call 911.
Here's the one fact this case is centered on given you seem all too eager to bypass it.

A skinny teenager heading home after buying some candy was shot dead by a man who was a stranger who would like for us to believe it was a case of self defense.

Why don't you locate a real case of visibvle self defense rather than sit by this tissue thin idea Zimmerman held the judgemental skills in handling this event correctly?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6591
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fact...he had no obligation to do so.
Here's another fact...no one knows what took place in those moments sans one dead kid and George who has every reason to lie.
Add to that another fact people should not follow strangers like creeps and think there might not be repercussions.
Are you that stupid? LOL!!
Go do some field tests given you just may be.
Take a day off and pick out some stranger(s) to follow. Eyeball them like some suspicious freak and follow them around. Make notes now so you don't forget. Then do it at night.
Chances are you're not going to be met with pleasantries genius despite your cries it's not illegal to follow someone...LOL!!!
You are Paranoid.

If I am walking on a sidewalk and another person is in front of me and we take the same turns it does not mean there is something sinister going on.

It does mean we are traveling the same path and course and that is all it means.

Please Note : I do not believe your insults or the over use of : "LOL!!" adds to your credibility.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6592
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the one fact this case is centered on given you seem all too eager to bypass it.
A skinny teenager heading home after buying some candy was shot dead by a man who was a stranger who would like for us to believe it was a case of self defense.
Why don't you locate a real case of visibvle self defense rather than sit by this tissue thin idea Zimmerman held the judgemental skills in handling this event correctly?
I believe Martin was a football play and to his credit in very good shape.

I have seen him on video and I would not describe him as skinny but some one who works out doing weight , strength training.

You keep calling him a teenager and he was but he was 17 and people at 17 go off to war or like myself enter the Fire department .

I believe your use of the word "teenager" is for propaganda reasons and is disingenuous..

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6593
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>You are Paranoid.
If I am walking on a sidewalk and another person is in front of me and we take the same turns it does not mean there is something sinister going on.
It does mean we are traveling the same path and course and that is all it means.
Please Note : I do not believe your insults or the over use of : "LOL!!" adds to your credibility.
Yeah that's it.

George just happened to be in the same locale as Trayvon.

He wasn't following him like some goofed up pedophile....naaaaahh.

You're an idiot buddy. LOL!!!

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6594
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Martin was a football play and to his credit in very good shape.
I have seen him on video and I would not describe him as skinny but some one who works out doing weight , strength training.
You keep calling him a teenager and he was but he was 17 and people at 17 go off to war or like myself enter the Fire department .
I believe your use of the word "teenager" is for propaganda reasons and is disingenuous..
He was a skinny 17 year old kid.

Seventeen. Did you miss the 'teen' part? And they don't let 17 year old kids join the fire department you stupid liar nor do they allow them in the Army unless they have parental consent and only if tghey deem it appropriate even then.

Bullshit yourself but not others.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6595
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion and speculation fill this bullshit burrito you're trying to sell me in claiming it had to be George defending himself against a life threatening incident devoid of his responsibility.
LOL!!!
What? Were you there???
By the way....the above is apparently your opinion.
DOH!!
LOL!!!
Thats precisely the point.If you weren't quite so full of yourself you might have seen it.There exists no definitive evidence that Zimmerman willfully set out to murder Martin.Reasonable doubt abounds.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6596
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a skinny 17 year old kid.
Seventeen. Did you miss the 'teen' part? And they don't let 17 year old kids join the fire department you stupid liar nor do they allow them in the Army unless they have parental consent and only if tghey deem it appropriate even then.
Bullshit yourself but not others.
What is your experience in the fire department that you could comment on it ?
Can you explain the two ways fire is extinguished ?
Can you explain the meaning of a wagon, pumper combination?
Can you explain the first job of any Fire Department?
When on scene can you explain the first two priorities in correct order?
What has been the primary use of fire extinguishment in the USA for the last 300 years ?
Can you explain why this has not changed.
Can you list the four classes of fire.
You are a horses azz and only impress yourself and I have not lied.
YOU LIVE OUTSIDE REALITY and could use a mental health evaluation.
I am waiting for your answers on the questions listed above .
GOOD F-ING LUCK !

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6597
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a skinny 17 year old kid.
Seventeen. Did you miss the 'teen' part? And they don't let 17 year old kids join the fire department you stupid liar nor do they allow them in the Army unless they have parental consent and only if tghey deem it appropriate even then.
Bullshit yourself but not others.
Funny how you conveniently leave out how many 17 year old black males murder each other on a daily basis. Do Tell do they obtain parental permission before pulling the trigger? Additionally it is QUITE obvious you have no experience with violent confrontations.The "skinny 17 yr old kid" nonsense displays that inexperience perfectly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••