The rise of Turkey in the Balkans

Jul 11, 2011 Full story: SETimes news 132,892

Turkey has played a moderator role between Serbia and the tripartite BiH presidency.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#81165 May 30, 2012
Osoi de se ftanoyn, toys afhneis piso kai proxoras!!!!!!!!! Edo omos antidras...... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“Makedon therefore E/\/\hn”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#81166 May 30, 2012
Electra Makedonia Hellas wrote:
Osoi de se ftanoyn, toys afhneis piso kai proxoras!!!!!!!!! Edo omos antidras...... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
tragiko El.. tragiko.. den yparxoun logia...

Location hidden

#81167 May 30, 2012
Nina-Makedonia-Hellas wrote:
<quoted text>
tragiko El.. tragiko.. den yparxoun logia...
Logia den yparxoyn, alla mporeis na pareis thn varia kai na arxiseis na anoigeis kefalia!!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#81168 May 30, 2012
Moydiasma

Location hidden

#81169 May 30, 2012
HKLM wrote:
<quoted text>
Moydiasma
Koita na xemoydiaseis vatrahi. Ton Oktovrio epistrateyesai.

Location hidden

#81170 May 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Koita na xemoydiaseis vatrahi. Ton Oktovrio epistrateyesai.
Paizetai.An telika isxysei tha eimaste apenanti.

Location hidden

#81171 May 30, 2012
HKLM wrote:
<quoted text>
Paizetai.An telika isxysei tha eimaste apenanti.
Ayta einai gia!!!!!!!!!! Tes pa :-)))))

Location hidden

#81172 May 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Ayta einai gia!!!!!!!!!! Tes pa :-)))))
Ayrio tha eimai sta merh soy.Afoy eimai poy eimai edo leo na pao stin pigi.Ypotithetai oti Mesi Anatoli telos,alla oi koyfales sta merh soy sfixtoi.Tha mpo me to proto kai pros to mesimeri tha exo vgei.An theleis kai mas kaneis tin timi,tha xaro na soy kano to trapezi :-)))

Location hidden

#81173 May 30, 2012
HKLM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayrio tha eimai sta merh soy.Afoy eimai poy eimai edo leo na pao stin pigi.Ypotithetai oti Mesi Anatoli telos,alla oi koyfales sta merh soy sfixtoi.Tha mpo me to proto kai pros to mesimeri tha exo vgei.An theleis kai mas kaneis tin timi,tha xaro na soy kano to trapezi :-)))
Kala ee!!!!!!!! H katastash exei xefygei. Ki emeis sta dikasthria eimaste akomh me ekeinh thn ypothesh. Mhn perimeneis polla. Kai me ta fragka ekei na pas, den einai sigoyro oti tha psoniseis.

Les ee???????? Giati oxi? Vlepontas kai kanontas.

Location hidden

#81174 May 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Kala ee!!!!!!!! H katastash exei xefygei. Ki emeis sta dikasthria eimaste akomh me ekeinh thn ypothesh. Mhn perimeneis polla. Kai me ta fragka ekei na pas, den einai sigoyro oti tha psoniseis.
Les ee???????? Giati oxi? Vlepontas kai kanontas.
Otan leo oti tha pao stin pigi ennoo oti tha vro kanena lamogio poy exei ta kone na toy ta xoso mipos kai katafero na paro tipota giati diaforetika den vgainei h doyleia.Ta xereis kalytera apo mena.Tha se paro tilefono to proi :-)))
BOZ-OK

Dubai, UAE

#81175 May 30, 2012
<quoted text>
it's OUR Europa and we do whatever we like with it and the chaos. None of your business. It's funny to see onlookers have a say to what they have no part in. he he he
Well... Semingly, your big brother Germany doesn't think so...:)

This is an interesting comment while EU is talking about kicking the Greece out of Euro zone... I think, it is not so surely "YOUR Europe" any more since all other European countries are talking about how Greece sucked money from other EU members via "fake reports" and how Greeks are a lazy nation, etc...

LOL... WSJ was suggesting to replace Turkey with Greece in Euro zone... Although, it is not a good idea for Turkey to cover the f.ck ups of some of the desperate counries, it as interesting to see such an idea...

So, be nice to us, you may find yourself seeking help from Turkey for your situation as a "magnanimous neighbour:...:))))

Location hidden

#81176 May 30, 2012
Anonymous

Australia

#81177 May 30, 2012
Turkiye is a POSITIVE wind of change for the balkans. the balkans needs a propper revitalizing that an outsider like Brussels,E.U. can never comprehend. Nobody understands the balkans like the secular turks & fellow balkan people do.
Apollo

Deer Park, Australia

#81178 May 30, 2012
29 &#924;&#945;&#912; &#959;&#965; 2012 Blog

German testimony shock:

If Greece attacked us they will get all(our money)

For the Greek debt spoke German Professor of History and Economics at Spiegel a hard language for Germania.O German professor of economic history Albrecht Ritschl (LSE) says bluntly for Greek debt furious anti-Hellenic Spiegel, the journalist whose does not believe his ears. Although Greece begun and if ever forced Germany to pay,(FOR THE WWII DAMAGES DONE THE THEIR COUNTRY)then they will take all our money.

Read the full interview with German professor for Greek debt and German:

Spiegel: Mr. Ritschl, the German government acts with rigidity on the subject of Greece, the logic "would only get money if you do what you say." Do just this behavior?

Ritschl: No, it is absolutely unjustified. Germany experienced the greatest failures of modern history. On today's economic independence and the role of "Master of Europe" Germany owes to the United States, which after the First and the Second World War gave up their right to huge amounts of money. Forget all this.

Spiegel: You tell us what happened then?

Ritschl: The Weimar Republic managed to survive from 1924 to 1929 exclusively with borrowed money. In fact, for damages of World War I borrowed from the U.S.. It was a "debt pyramid", which collapsed with the crisis of 1931. The money of U.S. loans had disappeared, the loss for the U.S. was enormous, the consequences for the global economy is devastating.

After the Second World War, the U.S. took care not to put one of its allies claim for compensation. Apart from a few exceptions, all claims will be canceled until a future reunification of East with West Germany. This was very vital for Germany. In fact it was based on the famous postwar German miracle! At the same time, victims of the Nazi occupation as the Greeks, was forced to relinquish their rights to compensation.

Spiegel: How big was then the money from the German bankruptcies?

Ritschl: Based on the financial standing of the U.S. had at that time, the proportion of German debts '30s equivalent to the cost of the crisis of 2008. If we compare with the Greek debt, then, believe me, with debts of Greece are minimal. In relation to the financial standing of the country, Germany is the biggest sinner in the 20th century and perhaps of modern economic history.

Spiegel: How many times has bankrupted Germany?

Ritschl: Depends how it computes one. In the last century at least three times. After the last stop paying in the 30s, Germany was relieved by the U.S. with the most famous haircut, as to transform an afro look at baldness. Since then the country holding the economic luster. At the same time but the other Europeans were working like dogs to lift his head from the ravages of war and German occupation. And even in 1990 we also had a stop payment.
Continues:
Apollo

Deer Park, Australia

#81179 May 30, 2012
Spiegel: Are you sure?

Ritschl: Of course! It was when the then Chancellor Kohl refused to implement the London Agreement of 1953. The agreement said that the German war reparations in the case of the two Germanies reunited, should be placed under renegotiation. But Germany paid compensation minimis after 1990, nor necessarily the loans taken out, nor the costs of occupation. Greece is one of the states, who did not get a dime.

Do not hide! Germany in the 20th century started two wars, the second war was in fact annihilation and extermination. Then the enemies renounced their right to partially or globally for damages. The famous "German miracle" occurred on the backs of other Europeans. I do not forget the Greeks.

Spiegel: We are currently debating the rescue of Greece through an extension of time of payment
bond, ie a controlled adjustment of debts. We are here to talk about impending bankruptcy?

Ritschl: Certainly! Even if a state is completely unable to satisfy his creditors, may be in bankruptcy. As in the case of Germany in the '50s. It is an illusion to believe that Greece will be able to pay only tachrei. So, by definition, bankrupt. Finally it should be fixed, what funds are ready to sacrifice the creditors.

Spiegel: Yes, but the state pays most is Germany.

Ritschl: I think this will be done. We have been in the past too carefree. The industrial production to gain from the excessive exports. The anti-Greek positions put forward by the German media is very dangerous. Do not forget that we live in a glass house: Our economic miracle was made possible only because they had to pay damages. The Greeks are well aware of the hostile attitude of the German media. If the disposal of the Greeks become more aggressive, it may revive old claims! Although Greece begun and if ever forced Germany to pay, then they will take all our money.

Spiegel: What do you propose that the issue of Greece?

Ritschl: We should be grateful to consolidate and Greece with our money. If we continue to play the media, pretending the thick Emil, who smokes his cigar and refuses to pay, maybe some people send us their old accounts. The failures of Germany in recent years suggests the solution: we must now agree on a debt reduction. Those who lent money to Greece, you must lose a great part! I know this would be catastrophic for the banks, so I need an assistance program. Unfortunately, this solution is expensive for Germany, but we must understand that we will eventually have to pay. Only in this way and Greece had an opportunity for a fresh start.

http://troktiko.eu/2012/05/germaniki-marturia...
Apollo

Deer Park, Australia

#81180 May 30, 2012
NATO's position on FYROM unchanged, Greek FM says

Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) will only be able to join NATO after the name dispute with Greece has been resolved, caretaker Foreign Minister Petros Molyviatis said on Monday.

Molyviatis, who is attending the summit of the military alliance in Chicago, on Monday alleged that backstage diplomatic maneuvers to reverse the decision made at NATO's 2008 summit in Bucharest -- which effectively kept the door shut on the small Balkan nation -- have failed.

Athens and Skopje remain locked in a lengthy dispute over the country's name. Greece says the name “Macedonia” implies a territorial claim on its northern province -- also called Macedonia.
BOZ-OK

Dubai, UAE

#81181 May 30, 2012
I don't think it is a good idea for Greece to mess with Germany under the current circumstances...

Merkel may get upset...:)))

“Makedon therefore E/\/\hn”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#81182 May 30, 2012
BOZ-OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... Semingly, your big brother Germany doesn't think so...:)
This is an interesting comment while EU is talking about kicking the Greece out of Euro zone... I think, it is not so surely "YOUR Europe" any more since all other European countries are talking about how Greece sucked money from other EU members via "fake reports" and how Greeks are a lazy nation, etc...
LOL... WSJ was suggesting to replace Turkey with Greece in Euro zone... Although, it is not a good idea for Turkey to cover the f.ck ups of some of the desperate counries, it as interesting to see such an idea...
So, be nice to us, you may find yourself seeking help from Turkey for your situation as a "magnanimous neighbour:...:))))
I m always and only nice to the nice About Europe.. internal affairs.. dont bother.. just be nice . and magnanimous as you say:)
BOZ-OK

Dubai, UAE

#81183 May 30, 2012
<quoted text>
I m always and only nice to the nice About Europe.. internal affairs.. dont bother.. just be nice . and magnanimous as you say:)
Well... That would be fine for me, if it was not only your internal affairs and not effecting my country...

You may not be aware but unfortunatelly my country is occupied by helpless Greek job seekers who are not welcomed by Turkish people in such a global economical chrisis...:)

http://www.phantis.com/news/jobseekers-greece...

“Curious? You should be!”

Since: Nov 10

East of Eden

#81185 May 30, 2012
Aristofanis wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be able please to tell me why in OHIO U.S.A women cannot wear shiny shoes?
It is a law bu why?
I've never heard of such thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Macedonia, Greece Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Macedonia, Greece Court Case Enters Decisive Stage (Feb '11) Nov 20 YIANNI 45
South Australia Michael Rann: 'FYROM president ... (Feb '10) Nov 19 Macedonian 3,063
"Macedonia to recognize Kosovo" (Sep '08) Nov 18 YIANNI 21,076
German museum man says Alexander the Great was ... (Sep '10) Nov 16 Macedonian 721
Greek Police Clear Apartment Used by Rebel Monks Nov 6 Spartan 4
Greek mayor apologizes for vandalism against Ca... Nov 6 Spartan 2
Church of Greece forbids services for the cremated Nov 2 bad 1

Macedonia, Greece People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:21 pm PST