World championships: The most important title next to a major

Mar 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Hamilton Spectator

Enviable record When he last won a World Golf Championship at Firestone in 2009, that gave Tiger Woods 16 world titles out of the 32 he played, an astounding rate of 50 per cent.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 8, 2012
Meg

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

These tournaments are special because there are only 4 of them each year just like the majors. When someone like Tiger has 14 majors and 16 WGC's it is hard for the other guys to win one let alone two or three. That is what makes Tiger dominant in the game of golf.
ATH

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Tiger is the reason many people watch golf. The numbers for the Honda Classic show that. Tiger should have a good tournament this week. However, I think the group to watch is Mahan, Scott, and Mickleson. These three should be on pg 1 of the leaderboard after today. If Tiger plays like he did last Sunday though, nobody else will have a chance. Tiger at 85% of his best can beat most others at the top of their game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••