Rory McIlroy blows up on the back nine to slip to 15th at Masters

Full story: TwinCities.com
Rory McIlroy stood slumped over on the 13th tee, head buried in the crook of his elbow. Full Story
Bawbag

UK

#1 Apr 11, 2011
Rory just choked bigtime, he never looked comfortable from the first tee. I thought that being in the last group wouldnt suit him as is game is usually very attacking. Either way I think he will win majors in the years to come although that dire last round will give him a sleepless nights
Bud

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 11, 2011
Both McIlroy and Woods have had character building experiences. McIlroy by having a Normanesque type final round and Woods with his infidelity. I don't think Norman ever recovered from his Masters meltdown. Time will tell if either McIlroy or Woods can overcome their foibles and win another Major. Watching these two in the future will be fun.
Atta Boy Target

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 11, 2011
Bud, are you kidding calling Woods screwing every hooker and hanger on in town after making a vow to his wife a "character building experience". Charles Manson should also have a great deal of character now with your logic.
Bud

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 11, 2011
Atta Boy Target wrote:
Bud, are you kidding calling Woods screwing every hooker and hanger on in town after making a vow to his wife a "character building experience". Charles Manson should also have a great deal of character now with your logic.
Yep. Breaking marriage vows and conspiracy to commit murders are analogous. Now that's real good logic on your part. Since when is infidelity against the law today? Especially if you are a Buddhist.
Bud

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 11, 2011
Could this help explain why Tiger has been in a slump?

Buddhist view of marriage

Gautama Buddha never spoke against marriage[6] but instead pointed out some of the difficulties of marriage.[6] He is quoted in the Parabhava Sutta as saying...

Not to be contented with one's own wife, and to be seen with harlots and the wives of others -- this is a cause of one's downfall.

Being past one's youth, to take a young wife and to be unable to sleep for jealousy of her -- this is a cause of one's downfall.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_view_of...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charl Schwartzel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Golf : Schwartzel favourite to win third Joburg... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Rod Parker 1
Truth & Rumors: Awkward Masters handshake, and ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 old guy 2
Golf's Masters Facing Male-Only Dilemma With Ne... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Mean Joe Green 1
Aloha should mean goodbye (Jan '12) Jan '12 Brutus 1
McIlroy's U.S. Open win electrifies 2011 season (Jan '12) Jan '12 Brutus 1
Clarke Speeds Off After Poor Play At PGA (Aug '11) Aug '11 The OnIy Gym Candy 1
Memorial notebook: Sprinkler heads get in the w... (Jun '11) Jun '11 jacob 2

Charl Schwartzel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE