Tiger-Phil duel makes Masters electric

For three rounds, the Masters was vanilla, and sugar-free vanilla at that. There was no buzz to speak of, no rush of emotions, nothing that would make a person reach for something that might calm the nerves. Full Story
Vic

Gastonia, NC

#1 Apr 13, 2009
When are you going to stop referring to Eldrick's repaired knee? Even the poor sport aka Tiger says its not a problem. Give me and every other golf fan who is not enamored with Eldrick a break.
pete nutsack

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 13, 2009
Tiger fatigue and Mickelson's gee whiz attitude? Your editor must be as brain-dead as you are.
ttx

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 13, 2009
phil-aided?

oh my...
Patrick

United States

#4 Apr 13, 2009
Thanks for re-capping the play by play and filling space with quotes. Have you been doing an ode to Downey this month? Get ready for the unemployment line if you keep writing like this.
Niblock

Sun Prairie, WI

#5 Apr 13, 2009
only 2 commments? Just goes to show, not much of a story for not much of a tournament. 3 days of tedious golf, then one day of trumped up excitement watching phil and tiger try to make too late charge from too far back and amid too many lemming robo-patrons. Meanwhile, back with the leaders, there were almost no people and less excitement. Because for the other hyped story to be true, the leaders would all have to have a train wreck ending. Turns out tiger hit a tree on international tv, phil went in the drink and missed two short puts, our heroes had feet of clay. Turning back to the true leaders, we were all just in time to see Perry fold, Angelo to muddle through the fallen story lines.

All that was left was some guy from Argentina that no one had paid any attention to the whole time, to stand up the winner. Great ending if you like TV movies and yard sale books.

The sportswriters, like our hero Rick, were more or less left to their own devices, having blown up all the decent storylines, we are left with how great it could have been if some of it actually had happened and not just been hoped for and penciled in. Too bad, it used to be a great golf tournement, now it just seems more of a grind. But at least is got Rick out of the Office.
Golf

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 13, 2009
I am a huge Tiger Woods fan but he lost. The story was the three way playoff.
eddie shore

United States

#7 Apr 13, 2009
Why doesnt tiger just play Phil every week at a different course I mean does anbbody care about any other golfers
quills

West Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 14, 2009
Come on Morrissey, quit kissin' Woods butt as you writers do! The real thrill of the tournament was the Perry and Cabera match! They were the ones hitting the shots when they needed to do it, not Woods and Michelson. Who wound up 1st and 2nd? Neither of them even finished 3rd or 4th. How long is it going to take for you writers to realize that Woods is not what he was once? It is easy to see that when you realize that a 48 year old and others out played him from day one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top Golfers Come To Cromwell (May '09) May '09 Lil Em-Kel 25
Cabrera's Masters victory continues trend of gl... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bill Tatton 1
Just short: Chad Campbell again finishes 2nd (Apr '09) Apr '09 MRRM 1
A battle for the ages between Tiger, Phil (Apr '09) Apr '09 Eric 1
Shingo the Showman: Japanese star Katayama char... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Jack 1
Falling short again hurts a little worse the se... (Apr '09) Apr '09 cubbaholic 1
Angel Cabrera, Kenny Perry tied for lead (Apr '09) Apr '09 Justlookingup 1
More from around the web