Medicus scam and corporate irresponsibility... what to do?

May 13, 2012 Full story: The Sand Trap 22

A year and a half ago I bought a power hitter/ power meter bundle from Medicus. Yesterday morning, a $69 charge showed up from them on my credit card.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gunboss

Rota, Spain

#1 May 14, 2012
Same with me. I ordered something from Medicus. After 6 months of seeing a small charge on my credit card of only $9.99 I asked my bank to track it. They tracked it to Medicus. I called Medicus and asked them to stop taking my money. They said they couldn't help me. So I canceled my credit card and immediately had the bank send me a new card (different CC number) that was the only way I could solve the problem.

Since: May 12

Alpine, CA

#2 May 17, 2012
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. It's important to Medicus that all customers feel satisfied with their experience and we'd like to make sure that you are satisfied. Please call 1-866-673-6115 ext 1000 or e-mail medicusblogger@gmail.com so that we may address your experience.
- Stephan @ Medicus
Mike

Sugar Land, TX

#3 Jul 19, 2012
medicus wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. It's important to Medicus that all customers feel satisfied with their experience and we'd like to make sure that you are satisfied. Please call 1-866-673-6115 ext 1000 or e-mail medicusblogger@gmail.com so that we may address your experience.
- Stephan @ Medicus
I too was caught in their scam. I believe this is a very dishonest business and will never deal with them again.
Derek

Ocean City, NJ

#4 Aug 27, 2012
I am another disatisfied Medicus customer who oredered one item from medicus only to have a $9.95 charge show up on my credit card monthly. They said they would stop it and it turned out two departments of Medicus were billing me the same amout monthly. They did not stop after the 2nd or 3rd call and I just spoke to a Supervisor, Gerry and she promised it will stop and I will get a credit for previos charges. I'll believe that when I see it. Shame is they seemd to be a reputable company sveral years ago when I dealt with them I gues it's now under new mangement and the don't seem to have the same level of integrity.
Emile

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Aug 17, 2013
Same issue here. They keep charging my credit card. I purchased an item for $9.95 in May. Both my July and August statements show a charge from two different "Company Names", but the phone number on the transactions are answered by Medicus. The new made up "names" are JBEI Golf Video and KAVI Tour Golf.
I am contacting my credit card company now. It's incredible Medicus could be involved in such scams.

Lesson learned. Keep a close eye on that credit card statements from now on.
Carl

Tucson, AZ

#6 Dec 4, 2013
I have had the same issue... bought one thing and then in February the scam started... I called and the only thing I got was a lady trying to sell me more stuff. Medicus is running a scam that needs to be exposed. It is hard to think a company with some good products would need to stoop to this level.
Mickey

Norwalk, CT

#7 Dec 22, 2013
I discovered 6 charges for $9.95 on my credit card I had no idea about. One call to Medicus got them credited in 3 days. After reading posts on this site, I expected a different outcome. They were no problem to deal with.
Doug

San Miguel De Allende, Mexico

#8 Jan 16, 2014
My credit card company took care of it with no questions asked. I will continue to monitor my account monthly.
Dwayne

Calgary, Canada

#9 Feb 5, 2014
Same here. Ordered one product and then they automatically starting billing me for two other 'related' products.

Such a shame. It's outright theft and their management should be thrown in jail. I used to like this company and their products.
Mike Charlotte NC

Matthews, NC

#10 Feb 5, 2014
I ordered something from Medicus for $36 and received what I ordered, plus some extra stuff (clubs). I got billed in June for the original $36 and then two weeks later for the extra stuff I didn't order. In July I got billed another $300 plus and two small bills for $12.95 showed up on my cc later. All in, I was billed over $500 and they had signed me up for two monthly subscriptions for $12.95 each. I called them and told them I was overcharged for stuff I never ordered and their response was that I had ordered it and unless I could produce the original order, they would only refund $100. I had no proof because they never sent me an email confirming what I had ordered, what a coincidence. I got scammed for over $400. I would never do business with this fraudulent, dishonest company for anything.
Bruce

Dalton, GA

#11 Feb 7, 2014
Same here. These people have to know what they are doing. It's not some honest mistake. It fraud, pure and simple. The execs need to be jailed and fined. Despicable from what used to be a reputable company.
Donald Henig

West Islip, NY

#12 Mar 18, 2014
They are total thieves! If you buy the club, you automatically get billed for other charges, but not under the Medicus name! And the charges don't start for 60 days so you may not even recognize them. They are scam artists. The club is not worth the hassle.
STAY AWAY from this company!!!!!
Tom Weaver

Bloomington, IN

#13 Mar 21, 2014
A few weeks ago I ordered a 99cent item from Medicus. I got unauthorized charges on my credit card from them. When I called I kept getting high pressured pitches. They have promised to refund my charges but I don't trust them I went through the fraud division on my credit card company and canceled that card and got a new one.
Charlie

Greensboro, NC

#14 Mar 25, 2014
Also had the same problem being billed monthly for things I didn't order. Called customer service and was transferred to supervisor who was very rude and not willing to discuss charges. I mentioned some of these posts and he basically said people can say anything and they were a reputable company. Offered to allow me to return merchandise to cover the balance on the account. I filed a complaint with CA Attorney General that I found on another site about complaints with this company. Just talked to a customer service representative, have been credited for the 5 monthly charges of $19.95 and also removed the balance of $138.00 on the account as a "courtesy". It does pay to follow up and take action!
Joe Williams

Hot Springs Village, AR

#15 Mar 29, 2014
It continues. I have two charges, one from JBEI, the other from KAVI. for $9.95 each. I called and was told they would send me an email with the reason for the charges. I have not received an email. The only purchase from Medicus was for $19.95. The product was received, nothing else was ordered. Based on what I have read, I will cancel my credit card and never use Medicus again.
Gaspipe

Aurora, IL

#16 Apr 5, 2014
Joe Williams wrote:
It continues. I have two charges, one from JBEI, the other from KAVI. for $9.95 each. I called and was told they would send me an email with the reason for the charges. I have not received an email. The only purchase from Medicus was for $19.95. The product was received, nothing else was ordered. Based on what I have read, I will cancel my credit card and never use Medicus again.
Today, April 5, 2014 the saga continues. There should be an all out Facebook Public posting recommending not to purchase products from Medicus or it's affiliates. This has to stop! Next move stop Medicus!!!!!
Ronald

Virgin Islands, U.S.

#17 Apr 7, 2014
Gaspipe wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, April 5, 2014 the saga continues. There should be an all out Facebook Public posting recommending not to purchase products from Medicus or it's affiliates. This has to stop! Next move stop Medicus!!!!!
I am just another victim, no need to go into purchase details. However, I would like to pitch in to expose Medicus rip offs in any way possible. Hopefully someone can recommend an agency we can file complaints with that would make a difference.
Ronald

Virgin Islands, U.S.

#18 Apr 8, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just another victim, no need to go into purchase details. However, I would like to pitch in to expose Medicus rip offs in any way possible. Hopefully someone can recommend an agency we can file complaints with that would make a difference.
I will answer my own question.
Go top BBB.org , Medicus Golf aka Bernheim & Rice Inc., Advertising Specialties located in Vista CA. File a complaint here. Which I will do as soon as I know the outcome of my current situation.
Frank

New Orleans, LA

#19 May 16, 2014
Medicus also treated me very badly - when I see their adds, I immediately delete them. They will never get another credit card number from me.
Bruce

Ringgold, GA

#20 Jun 16, 2014
Same here. I caught them doing this a year ago and now they have tried it again. I cancelled my card today and am getting a new one. It's the only way to stop the bastards. Never buy ANYTHING from Medicus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Golf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiger Woods saga ends with Golf Channel making ... (Nov '13) 23 hr Nick Borrell 5
Disc golf is par for the course (Aug '09) Oct 1 r and r time 2
Paulina Gretzky says she's pregnant Sep 26 Good Luck 1
Golfer Greg Norman 'damaged' in chainsaw accident Sep '14 Chilli J 14
Kim sets record; Wie withdraws Sep '14 Back to her old h... 1
Net Winners in Stanford Ponzi Scam Lose Appeal Sep '14 MrManhattan 2
McIlroy has sights set on capping banner year i... Sep '14 rick 1

Golf People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE