Why Most Wars Are 'Humanitarian Interventions'

Apr 15, 2012 Full story: Fire Dog Lake 7

With the increasing possibility of some kind of intervention in Syria looming, a University of Chicago panel was held to unpack how liberal thought and Western power politics often are used to mask the unsavory aspects of what many usually call "humanitarian intervention." The speakers mentioned the Arab Spring, the war in Libya and went into ... (more)

Full Story

“Troubadour”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 15, 2012
Wow I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for this... good thing that the audio is online, Greenwald and Ramadan were awesome!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#2 Apr 15, 2012
The West should not interfere when muslims are killing one another....unless it is disrupting our interests. Syria has nothing we want. Fck 'em.

“Troubadour”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 16, 2012
Wow- you have no redeemable qualities. Listen to the lectures and dispute them if the panelists were so incorrect-

I for one find it interesting that an open homosexual like Greenwald defends Muslims more than his own marginalized group, and he does so with knowledge and candor. What do you say to that?

Greenwald also hates the Kenyan Marxist, Barry Hussein Sotero, and holds him accountable for mischief and treachery the world over. What say you to that?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Apr 16, 2012
Faith wrote:
The West should not interfere when muslims are killing one another ...
Indeed, sunni and sh'ia have been killing one another long before we were here and they will still be doing it after we are gone.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#5 Apr 16, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, sunni and sh'ia have been killing one another long before we were here and they will still be doing it after we are gone.
The US government should not be involved with any humanitarian aid or actions at all. Let private individuals choose to give of their money. It's past time our government stopped taking our money and using on any other peoples, especially not Muslim countries.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 16, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, sunni and sh'ia have been killing one another long before we were here and they will still be doing it after we are gone.
The killings started soon after the death of Mohammad.
And have gone on ever since ....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Apr 16, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
The US government should not be involved with any humanitarian aid or actions at all. Let private individuals choose to give of their money. It's past time our government stopped taking our money and using on any other peoples, especially not Muslim countries.
US food meant destined for humanitarian purposes is stolen or siphoned off and sold on the black market for those who can afford it.

It very seldom goes to those who need it the most!

The West cares about the starving. The middle east only cares about Islam.

Al-shabab have said as much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gingrich: GE 'clever' to avoid corporate taxes (May '11) Sep 30 Swedenforever 115
Elvis' jets for sale amid Graceland makeover Sep '14 Big mike 6
Debate: Was Martin Luther King, Jr. or Malcolm ... (Jan '08) Aug '14 aadam 24
Religion Briefs for South Mississippi Aug '14 1Th 5 cat 1
Future looks bright for Alexandria recreation Aug '14 Say What 1
Religious Organizations Mobilizing on Climate C... (Nov '13) Aug '14 Sonny 3
Three Global Warming Skeptics Win Awards Jun '14 Fair Game 2

Speakers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE