What Greek Austerity Looks Like

Feb 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

Once-docile areas in Athens now seethe with crime, yet Vourloumis says the most dramatic shift for Greeks has been psychological.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

ISTANBUL

#1 Feb 12, 2012
Why do greeks go to strike?
They already never work .

What is the differance of the working or not working for the Greeks.

They never produce anything.
Just bullshit.

They have been stealing EU funds since 1981 and still crying.

They even have killed a pregnant woman with her baby in

""NO I DO NOT WANT TO WORK JUST STEAL MORE FUNDS""

demonstrations in Athens for the money.

An ordinary Greek takes at least 1200Euro for the retirment salary at 53 but German taxpayers work till 65-67 for 1500Euro retiretment salaries.

Greeks are parasites of EU and the world.

No other nation has a proverb like """Only clocks and fools work in Greece""".

Greece is the tumor of the europe which was created by the UK&France in 1800s to make an structural base for the famous Greko Roman European culture.

So the spoilt kid of the Europe sucked the blood of the her own partners's like an anofel mosquito and stole at least 420billions of euros with fraudulent and faked reports like showing the number of the donkeys ten times more or 20times more olive trees or goats etc.

Europe is like Dr.Frankenstein and the greek is monster.

If the monster is killing anyone EU never cares.

But it is time for the monster to kill Dr.Frankenstein.

But it is too late.

Old and tired Europe needs young Turks a nd Russians but arrogancy kills EU.

To0 bad.
Goodbye Atlantis

Farmingdale, NJ

#2 Feb 12, 2012
E.U. R.I.P.
good riddance....
Vasiliki Galanou

Greece

#3 Feb 12, 2012
You are not polite at all.

But what else can I expect from the offspring of killers who have committed the Armenian genocide have worked with the 3rd Raih and Hitler on the Israelian genocide have continued doing that in Constantinoupoles the last 12 years for Kurds and the list continues.

From people who have never accepted their crimes and being totally ashamed for their lack of glorious history say lies, threaten even Sarkozi and pretend to be Greeks every summer just because they live near by Aegean.

From people that did not have an alphabet until early 1900, when Kemal created a mix of English, Frensh, Deutch, Greek etc so they could start speeding their names.

Yes I believe it is time for young killers to come out of the dark and finish another nation up. As history has shown Turks can do this kind of job, charge free just for pleasure.
hey

United States

#4 Feb 12, 2012
Goodbye Atlantis wrote:
E.U. R.I.P.
good riddance....
Greece RIP, not EU.
The greek

Mascot, Australia

#5 Feb 12, 2012
Democrocy at work people wake up and learn, at least greece does not want to be part of the new world order crap. GO GREECE show the rest of the stupid world that we do not sit back and take crap.

ISTANBUL

#6 Feb 13, 2012
Vasiliki Galanou wrote:
You are not polite at all.
But what else can I expect from the offspring of killers who have committed the Armenian genocide have worked with the 3rd Raih and Hitler on the Israelian genocide have continued doing that in Constantinoupoles the last 12 years for Kurds and the list continues.
From people who have never accepted their crimes and being totally ashamed for their lack of glorious history say lies, threaten even Sarkozi and pretend to be Greeks every summer just because they live near by Aegean.
From people that did not have an alphabet until early 1900, when Kemal created a mix of English, Frensh, Deutch, Greek etc so they could start speeding their names.
Yes I believe it is time for young killers to come out of the dark and finish another nation up. As history has shown Turks can do this kind of job, charge free just for pleasure.
Oh really?
Always everybody is guilty for your all failusres,mistakes and paybacks..
hehehehe
You are member of the LOSERS CLUB..
hehehehe
Let me ask you one more thing.
Why noone likes Greeks?

I know you will say """because everybody is brainwashed"".

oguzTolga critisize Greeks
oguzTolga is brainwashed

Moody's cut Greeks rating JUNK
Moody's is brainwashed.

Baroso said""Democracy could ‘collapse’ in Greece, unless urgent action is taken to tackle the debt crisis"""" """"" "

Baroso is brainwashed

Korea beat Greece with 2 goals .
Koreans are brainwashed.

Argentina made 2 goals too.
Argentineans are brainwashed too.

Turks kicks Greeks azzez in every 50years 1897/1922/1774
Turks are brainwashed

Frankfurter Algemeine Zeitung says""Sell Akropolis and put a Turkish flag on top""for your thefts.
FAZ is brainwashed.

BILD says ""Heey Greeks you have stolen our Funds sell islands and pay our money back""
BILD is Brainwashed.

Dervenaika war made by the Albanians says Albanians.
Albanians are brainwashed

Macedonians are 3 times brainwashed
because they say Alexander the Great and Aristotle were Macedonians not Greeks.

Germans robbed by the Greeks with fraudulent and faked reports.
Germans are brainwashed

Bulgars accept Turks to EU
Bulgars are brainwashed ""slavo Bulgaraki""hahahahaa hahah

Serbians say Greeks helped us to Kill Bosnians in 1995
serbians are brainwashed,

Kosovians are brainwashed
Because they are so close with Turks

Montenegros are brainwashed
Because they love Turks.

Bosnians are 2 times brainwashed
Because they are Turks aswell:)))

Only Greeks are not brainwashed

Because they have no brain

:)))

Nobody likes and show respect to the Greedy and

imponent plus thief greeks.

Everybody is brainwashed
PAVLOS

Antioch, CA

#7 Feb 13, 2012
LOOKS LIKE OUR VACATION PLANS MIGHT HAVE CHANGED,NOT WALKING INTO ANOTHER STRIFE RIDDEN HELL HOLE...TALKED TO FAMILY MEMBERS THE OTHER DAY ,IT'S VERY COMMON TO SEE PEOPLE BEGGING IN CHANIA,FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE ...LAST YEAR WAS OUR FIRST EXPOUSER TO THE STOP/LIGHT BEGGARS,AND CAR WINDOW WASHER....FELT LIKE INDIA.... WE HAVE FRIEND IN ATHEN'S THAT TALK ABOUT THE STREET ROBBERIES,AND PURSE SNACHERS......HELLO,3-RD WORLD..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 13, 2012
As someone living in Greece at the moment I can say that this country has done nothing to help the situation it now finds itself in. Greeks have stood by and waited for everyone else to take responsibility for the mess that they have created. Why has no one looked into where exactly this money has gone? I am sick of hearing what the Greeks have done for the rest of the world, as someone mentioned earlier if we all go down that road we can all contribute to what each country has done for the world, the fact still remains that Greece has got itself into this mess with its lies about joining the EU. What were they trying to proove and to who.They are lucky that they are being helped out at all and it will not solve the problem it just prolongs the mess that they are in.I have lived here for 25 years and I can honestly say that I have not met a Greek yet who is a good business man. Greeks have not concept of 'abiding by rules' and love to pass the buck whithout taking responsibilty for the wrongs that they have created.It is rare to meet an open minded Greek who will look outside of Greece and listen to good sense but I fear that this beautiful country geographically will take a very very long time to overcome this mess that they have created themselves to get out of.Meanwhile ordinary citizens are left to pay for what other so called educated and elected people have done with electricity bills soaring and the illegal billing of extra tax on bills to be paid for by us, less wages,sometimes as little as 450euros a months to live on soaring prices in supermarkets strikes almost daily,and I ask why dosn't somebody in the EU council come here and seek out those responsible for the monies loaned throught the EU years ago ask questions mainly where is it????? Simple and easy but still nobody has done this. If I worked in a shop and stole from the till wouldn't it be a matter of time before questions were asked? It is the same here. So the Greece I came to all those years ago is not the same,they should never have got the euro, nobody asked but I fear it is far far to late and maybe they can look into their history books and find some solution for this mess and then they can tell us all about it.
Miles

Athens, Greece

#9 Feb 13, 2012
Sharon, I share your angst. Greece is Mexico without prisons. The reason Greeks fare so well in other societies as immigrants is that they fear the law. Here in Greece, you could murder a person and be out of jail in months. Owe the IRS 800 million euro, and re-negotiate the settlement to a few hundred thousand Euros... Because, if they don't, they have no prison to put you in, and no form of punishment. The system is rigged this way in order to protect the big fish who do far more harmful things.
The worst part of it all is that the corruption is still rampant. People are collecting salaries without ever working at the job. Once caught, they simply lose the salary. NO ONE pays anything back!
Namaste

Athens, Greece

#10 Feb 14, 2012
Damn Oguz! Propaganda much?
You my friend have serious issues you need to work out...

ISTANBUL

#11 Feb 15, 2012
Namaste wrote:
Damn Oguz! Propaganda much?
You my friend have serious issues you need to work out...
Your thief nation and European patrons have been spreading hate and slanders with lies for centuries to cover their complete failures against the TURKS..
I am just closing the GAP

heheheheh
LAZAR of Zvezdara

Beograd, Serbia

#12 Feb 15, 2012
OguzTolga wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really?
Always everybody is guilty for your all failusres,mistakes and paybacks..
hehehehe
You are member of the LOSERS CLUB..
hehehehe
Let me ask you one more thing.
Why noone likes Greeks?
I know you will say """because everybody is brainwashed"".
oguzTolga critisize Greeks
oguzTolga is brainwashed
Moody's cut Greeks rating JUNK
Moody's is brainwashed.
Baroso said""Democracy could ‘collapse’ in Greece, unless urgent action is taken to tackle the debt crisis"""" """"" "
Baroso is brainwashed
Korea beat Greece with 2 goals .
Koreans are brainwashed.
Argentina made 2 goals too.
Argentineans are brainwashed too.
Turks kicks Greeks azzez in every 50years 1897/1922/1774
Turks are brainwashed
Frankfurter Algemeine Zeitung says""Sell Akropolis and put a Turkish flag on top""for your thefts.
FAZ is brainwashed.
BILD says ""Heey Greeks you have stolen our Funds sell islands and pay our money back""
BILD is Brainwashed.
Dervenaika war made by the Albanians says Albanians.
Albanians are brainwashed
Macedonians are 3 times brainwashed
because they say Alexander the Great and Aristotle were Macedonians not Greeks.
Germans robbed by the Greeks with fraudulent and faked reports.
Germans are brainwashed
Bulgars accept Turks to EU
Bulgars are brainwashed ""slavo Bulgaraki""hahahahaa hahah
Serbians say Greeks helped us to Kill Bosnians in 1995
serbians are brainwashed,
Kosovians are brainwashed
Because they are so close with Turks
Montenegros are brainwashed
Because they love Turks.
Bosnians are 2 times brainwashed
Because they are Turks aswell:)))
Only Greeks are not brainwashed
Because they have no brain
:)))
Nobody likes and show respect to the Greedy and
imponent plus thief greeks.
Everybody is brainwashed
Oguz, ti si dobar covek. go on my friend. these south albanians will understand their fake nation was a jpke and greece will be split into many pieces. site states! as it used to be.
one greek woman is around 10 euro/hour these days on their streets. ugly ones are ok for 5 euros :)

ISTANBUL

#13 Feb 15, 2012
LAZAR of Zvezdara wrote:
<quoted text>
Oguz, ti si dobar covek. go on my friend. these south albanians will understand their fake nation was a jpke and greece will be split into many pieces. site states! as it used to be.
one greek woman is around 10 euro/hour these days on their streets. ugly ones are ok for 5 euros :)
Greek=Theft
Greek=Thief
Greek=Klephtokratia
Greek=""Only clocks and fools work in Greece""
Greek=Simply NOTHING But theft overall.

Look who are greeks...
I know it is not easy to owercome inferiorty complex of being a manufactured country/nation and a state.

I understand your inferiorty to be screwed under Turkish mandatory for 450years.

I really know your anger and hate for the kicked by Turks in every 50 years.

I understand you that your everything Greek is a lie.

Some stolen from Albania,some from Macedonia,some from
Pheanians,most of them from Egytiptians,some of them from Turks
etc.

The ancient maps have been drawn by your patrons England and France to make you a base to have an state against the Turks in 1821.

Mithology has been manufactured as your culture.
Even your mythology is manufactured by others to keep Greeks away from sea trade in the old times.
Than this mythology of 150years became your history(!)hahahahaah

and culture(hahahahaah)

As everything greek your mythology is also Klephtocratic lie.

First king and monarchy;King Otto of Bavarian and Danish origin.

First president'
Ioannis Kapodistrias'...real name Giovanni Capo d'Istria (an Italian), of Venetian nobility residing in Corfu.

First PM,
Josef Ludwig von Armansperg (a German), president of Otto's Privy Council.

Former PM's
Kostas Karamanlis and his family.(an ethnic Vlach from Asia Minor).

Legal system;
Georg Ludwig von Maurer (a German), devised the modern Greek penal code and civil procedure.

National flag;
Blue, white colours and stripes (of Bavarian origin), and the cross (of Danish origin)...chosen to honor the fact that the modern Greek Royal family is...of Bavarian and Danish origin.

National anthem;
Written by 'Nikolaos Mantzaros'...real name Niccoló Manzaro (an Italian), of Venetian nobility residing in Corfu.

National dress;The Fustanella (Albanian).
National music ;Rembetiko - Rembetiku (Turkish), Anatolian peasant music.

As you see your all have is abig lie.
Your are not even Hellen.

German Government took out all hellenic bulshits from the School books due to their baseless background.

You are not the inheritors of the Byzantion.
Because there was no byzantion until 1821 when England and France decided to make a GREECE(!) for the thieves.

But even your independence war(!)has been done by the Albanians.
Hahahahaahaha

Even your independence has been given you by the Brits,Russians,Frenchs and Albanians:)))

German Historian Hieronymus Wolf wrote a book about the fall of Istanbul in 1557 """"" Corpus Historiae Byzantinć """"" ".

brits and Frenches created a Byzantion Empire in 1821 with this book.

Konstantin the Greek was not even Greek.
He was East Roman his real name was ""Gaius Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus""" and he was Albanian like your savior(!)in 1821.

Konstantinopolis was not Konstantinopolis and it was Nea Roma.

Konstantin was not even Greek .

He was not even Orthodox.

He was not even Christian.

He was a pagan albanian roman.

He used Apollon the Roman god in the moneys and he used his portrait as ""Sol Victius"""Sun God.

He was baphtished by the thief prists after his death:)))Hahahahaahahaha

as a normal Klephtocratic Greek habit.
Bekris

Thessaloníki, Greece

#14 Feb 15, 2012
You've been drinking haven't you? Or smoking marijuana?
LAZAR of Zvezdara

Beograd, Serbia

#15 Feb 15, 2012
Bekris wrote:
You've been drinking haven't you? Or smoking marijuana?
here is a greek answer after all the info above. greek, you are really lazy :)
Becky

Australia

#16 Feb 15, 2012
They lied to get into the EU, then broke the terms of membership all these years . Isn't that grounds to kick them out? A quick piece of surgery to cure a festering cancer.
Nut

Thessaloníki, Greece

#17 Feb 15, 2012
Lied to get to the eurozone, not the European Union, for crying out loud!
And the greek people had nothing to do with it.
Bill

Athens, Greece

#18 Feb 16, 2012
People with 30.000+ posts on a forum dominated by internet trolls are calling other people lazy.
Makis

Athens, Greece

#19 Feb 16, 2012
Oguz, let me guess... You will be burning Greek forests this summer for fun... Right?
Bill

Athens, Greece

#20 Feb 16, 2012
Makis wrote:
Oguz, let me guess... You will be burning Greek forests this summer for fun... Right?
What makes you think that he's capable of operating a lighter or a match ?:D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cameras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huawei launches Ascend P7 in Bahrain [24X7 News... Aug 25 KARAM BALOCH 2
Kodak camera makes debut Aug 17 Semper Fi Forever 1
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. Asus ZenFone 5 Specs... Aug 8 Betty Rose 1
Searchers 'Cautiously Optimistic' About Finding... Aug 7 _malon_goblok 1
BC Assessment uses mobile digital cameras to do... Aug 7 Mount Polley spill 1
'Small tornadoes happen, climate has not changed' Jul '14 Carthage 2
Founding fathers' blunders aged the Declaration... Jul '14 lol 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••