Lewis Hamilton: Maybe it's because I'm black...

May 29, 2011 Full story: Crash 10

An angry Lewis Hamilton was in no mood for pulling punches after what he described as a 'shambles' of a 2011 Monaco Grand Prix, during which he claimed some of his rivals were 'frickin' ridiculous' and the treatment he received 'an absolute joke' Following what he conceded was a weekend to forget in Monte Carlo, an angry Lewis Hamilton has launched ...

Full Story
Ian c

Croydon, UK

#1 May 29, 2011
Let's leave off Lewis and let him cool down. Everyone gets frustrated in sport if you are winner and lose. Lewis is 26 and is passionate. I am sure he'll regret some of his comments but hey - we are all human. Great to see the great british public turning their back on him now. Build up a hero them take them down - why do we do that. Cmon Lewis yr a star!!
Bob

Randolph Center, VT

#3 May 29, 2011
Playing the race card? No you are black...no maybe about it.
Ian c

Croydon, UK

#4 May 29, 2011
Bob wrote:
Playing the race card? No you are black...no maybe about it.
as I said. Just a frustrated young sportsman. No race card necessary. Forget race in sport, it not necessary and Lewis will reget that flippant joke. He is a top driver and true star we should be proud of. I am
I H N F1 Drivers

Monroe, CT

#5 May 29, 2011
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13922...

Sure - since you brought it up first then the REST of us will keep it in mind and hold it against you; FOREVER.
Bob

Wimborne, UK

#6 May 30, 2011
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
you ignorant little racist half breed piece of shite ...
Me or Hamilton?..ha ha ha
Bob

Wimborne, UK

#7 May 30, 2011
Ha Ha Ha Now every body can see what a f**k**g d**kh**d he really is,
Im sure if a white man said it you wa*k**r hamilton freeks would be shouting racist racist racist pig?
Hamilton drove like a c**k and should get a 2 (RACE) ban for his stupid (cuz i is black) remark.
Sam Riley

Burton-on-trent, UK

#8 May 31, 2011
As a black British citizen. I look to Lewis Hamilton to be a positive roll model to young people of every race. So far he has done a great job and I have a lot of respect for him. The comment he made was ill thought out, and certainly not funny. I am disgusted with him and hope he will see fit to apologize at the earliest opportunity. Lets get this behind him with lots of humility.
When all said and done.Lewis is a top driver and a top man. I still back him 110%. But from now on please let your driving do your talking. AS MY MOTHER SAYS...... EMPTY CANS MAKE THE MOST NOISE!!!!!!!!
Nuff said
Sam Riley

Burton-on-trent, UK

#9 May 31, 2011
So looking forward to Silverstone and my first F1 live cost me a fortune, but I want to be more than an armchair supporter. Fly the flag for Great Britain and give us all plenty to be proud of. Jensen and Lewis are doing a marvelous job. Keep up the good work boys. I'm proud to be British.
MUCHLY
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

#10 May 31, 2011
Lewis Hamilton: Maybe it's because I'm black...
Crash and die - then you won't have to whine about it anymore. And the other drivers will be safer.
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

#11 May 31, 2011
Sam Riley wrote:
But from now on please let your driving do your talking. AS MY MOTHER SAYS...... EMPTY CANS MAKE THE MOST NOISE!!!!!!!!
...and sh!tcans make more noise than soupcans. He's whined about race before and will do it more in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vitaly Petrov Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skeptics question Russian F1 deal that saved Sa... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sol 1
Force India looking long term on driver decision (Feb '13) Feb '13 F1 Funatic 2
And that's a wrap. Lauda names F1's 2012 champ (Sep '12) Sep '12 F1 Funatic 1
Column: The numbers other than his age say Mich... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Aileen Bodiwala 1
F1: Driver Exodus 'No Loss' Insists Verstappen (Dec '11) Dec '11 bhiam 1
Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
Lack of F1 'culture' in Russia a concern (Aug '11) Aug '11 ronan 2
More from around the web