Rodgers sharp, refs booed in Packers scrimmage

Aug 3, 2012 Full story: Knoxville News Sentinel

Aaron Rodgers was sharp in limited work and the NFL's replacement officials weren't shy about making calls - even unpopular ones - in the Green Bay Packers' "Family Night" scrimmage on Friday.

Full Story
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Aug 4, 2012
The Packers were playing against the Packers. How can a Packer player's conduct be "unsportsmanlike" by doing a Lambeau Leap in Lambeau Field in an interteam scrimmage? This is the kind of stupidity we can expect from replacement refs. Please NFL, end the lockout and get the professional refs back.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 7, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
The Packers were playing against the Packers. How can a Packer player's conduct be "unsportsmanlike" by doing a Lambeau Leap in Lambeau Field in an interteam scrimmage? This is the kind of stupidity we can expect from replacement refs. Please NFL, end the lockout and get the professional refs back.
If he ends the lockout, the refs say they will work under the
old agreement until a settlement is reached. Sounds good, aye?
Unfortunately, there is one problem with this approach, since
the refs will eventually complain that the league is not bargaining in 'good faith', which means that the league is not
giving in to silly demands. And guess what? Get ready for
replacement refs right in the middle of the season. This
process is commonly known as "collective bargaining", in
which management gives and the unions take, or strike.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Thanks bobob, but I was just commenting on the lack of common sense by the replacement refs. Whether the use of replacement refs is the result of a "strike" or a "lockout" really makes little difference. Either way the teams and fans suffer if we can't count on them to use some common sense.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 7, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
Thanks bobob, but I was just commenting on the lack of common sense by the replacement refs. Whether the use of replacement refs is the result of a "strike" or a "lockout" really makes little difference. Either way the teams and fans suffer if we can't count on them to use some common sense.
My thought is that this stuff comes with replacement refs. In their efforts to act like professionals, they act like
imbeciles sometimes, and maybe too many times. Better in the preseason than in mid season.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Aug 7, 2012
bobob wrote:
<quoted text>
My thought is that this stuff comes with replacement refs. In their efforts to act like professionals, they act like
imbeciles sometimes, and maybe too many times. Better in the preseason than in mid season.
There is bound to be some kinks for them to work out. I hope they work them out soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Masthay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Packers' special teams very special on Sunday (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 1
Patterson sets NFL record with 109-yard return (Oct '13) Oct '13 Been RapeBartenders 8
Green Bay Packers: Tim Masthay does double duty... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Green Bay Packers: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Sep '13) Sep '13 scott 4
10 Packers prepare to cut roster to 75 (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
With Slocum, Packers feeling special again (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Masthay has handle on punting duties while tryi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 GBPmies 3

Tim Masthay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE