Ponder, Vikings beat Texans in preseason finale

Full story: Albert Lea Tribune

Christian Ponder made more plays with his legs than his arm to direct two touchdown drives and make a push for the backup quarterback job as the Minnesota Vikings beat the Houston Texans 28-0 on Thursday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

More plays with his legs, thank you Albert Lea of the Tribune for the unbiased and same opinion of me.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

Correction...Same opinion I had.
Laughing Bear Fan

Lafayette, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

So how did he look? He's pretty raw missing OTA's and all
Allfarts

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

That was the ONLY thing I didnt like...he will not escape that much like he was against the Texans scrubs...needs to ditch that Tebow run mentality...
Swami sez

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

Christian Ponder will lead the Vikes to a 2-14 season.
The Vikes should have signed Drew Rosenpharts.
Joe Krapp In My Pants

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Swami sez wrote:
Christian Ponder will lead the Vikes to a 2-14 season.
The Vikes should have signed Drew Rosenpharts.
Sage RoseyFellatio?
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Tell me when is making more plays with your legs a bad thing? Doesnt Vick do the same thing Game after game? When Vick was with Atlanta didnt he have near as many yards running in a season as he did throwing or near as many as his running back had for the seasson, Why is it when its Vick! its a good thing but any other QB they make it sound like a bad thing. I am just saying I compare the two & cant see the differents. Isnt a win a win & thats all that matters. It is whats said about Vick, is it not? Go Vikings
Playsfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

And just look at all the Super Bowls Vick has won with his legs...zero....
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Playsfarts wrote:
And just look at all the Super Bowls Vick has won with his legs...zero....
Thats true lol but no one ever talks about Vick running as much as he uses his arm The experts talk about Vick like he is a elite QB in the NFL because he uses his legs . Go Vikings
Elitefarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats true lol but no one ever talks about Vick running as much as he uses his arm The experts talk about Vick like he is a elite QB in the NFL because he uses his legs . Go Vikings
Those guys are on crack...his supporting cast helps him look better than his feet...

Put Vick on the Raiders roster and see how elite he is...
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Elitefarts wrote:
<quoted text>
Those guys are on crack...his supporting cast helps him look better than his feet...
Put Vick on the Raiders roster and see how elite he is...
Yes I think Vick would have been long forgotten by now if he was. We know Vick was placed on the Eagles by the commissioner of football So they could make money off of Vicks name no other reason Vick didnt want to come to the Eagles He wanted to be the starter & Vick had said he wanted to go to a team where he could be the starter like the Bills or Browns & the commissioner said NO the Eagles would bea better fit for you. Money is all I can see put him in a place where you cant fail. If not for money they wouldnt care where Vick ended up The NFL used Vick to make money. Looking after there bottom line I would say .
Sayfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

It is pathetic...spoon feeding Vick around they way they did...like a bunch of pimps...
Vikes update

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Several players have quietly gone to Coach Frazier with concerns about an unnamed assistant coach that's been reeking of alcohol and unsteady on his feet during practices and the exhibition games.
Coach Frazier has said he'll try to deal with it sometime during the regular season.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Vikes update wrote:
Several players have quietly gone to Coach Frazier with concerns about an unnamed assistant coach that's been reeking of alcohol and unsteady on his feet during practices and the exhibition games.
Coach Frazier has said he'll try to deal with it sometime during the regular season.
O man this is bad news for the Vikes if true
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I think Vick would have been long forgotten by now if he was. We know Vick was placed on the Eagles by the commissioner of football So they could make money off of Vicks name no other reason Vick didnt want to come to the Eagles He wanted to be the starter & Vick had said he wanted to go to a team where he could be the starter like the Bills or Browns & the commissioner said NO the Eagles would bea better fit for you. Money is all I can see put him in a place where you cant fail. If not for money they wouldnt care where Vick ended up The NFL used Vick to make money. Looking after there bottom line I would say .
Goodelll was keeping him on a short leash, thats all
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Vikes update wrote:
Just pat your QB down for bottles of ripple, mad-dog, and night train before he enters the complex. Un-named sources have seen him hanging out in the parking lot at the MOA stumbling while pushing a shopping cart around
Severalfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Vikes update wrote:
It was me...I have to get drunk to believe McDivots will take the Vikes anywhere this year...
Foot

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

ball nuts
Ballfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Nutfarts...
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Hey Bear fans Do think your team has a good chance at going to the Super Bowl this year? If so Did you see the Odds of the Bears making it to the super bowl 40 to 1 The Vikings are also 40 to 1 Looks like the Vikes have the same chance Go Vikings

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Steve Slaton Discussions

Search the Steve Slaton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Miami Dolphins Have Open Path to Wide Receiver ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 WRtrade 2
Fantasy Football Rankings 2011: Texans' Arian F... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Nowfarts 2
Scooter Berry Signs With The Houston Texans (Jul '11) Aug '11 Texanfarts 2
Houston Texans' Steve Slaton Traded to the St. ... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Tradefarts 2
Houston Texans solve turnover troubles, beat Bu... (Nov '09) Nov '09 triple6vamp 2
Texans come up one yard short (Oct '09) Oct '09 Wes 1
How To Solve the Houston Texans' Running Game Woes (Oct '09) Oct '09 Texans_00 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••