NFL notebook: Injury ends season for Bengals' Nugent | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Quarterback Michael Vick dives into the end zone between Redskins defenders, one of eight Eagles touchdowns in a 59-28 victory.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

That sucks for Mike, but I'm thrilled to see Troy taking full advantage of his opportunity.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Sorry to see Nugent go down...especially since he was my fantasy kicker. But I picked another one up on FA easily. As far as Troy Smith, he had a great game and has led the 49ers to 2 straight victories. See what happens when the guy gets a shot? The last article about him had people saying he had no chance.
Blue_Ha_Ha

Maumee, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Troy Smith's detractors (mostly SEC fans) are strangely silent these days. Good riddance. Go Troy!
Dallas Dave

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

FLABUCK wrote:
Sorry to see Nugent go down...especially since he was my fantasy kicker. But I picked another one up on FA easily. As far as Troy Smith, he had a great game and has led the 49ers to 2 straight victories. See what happens when the guy gets a shot? The last article about him had people saying he had no chance.
I agree! good for Troy, all he needed was a chance his coach in B-more had nothing but praise for Troy but their offensive plan was better suited for Joe Flacco if SF is smart they will ride this out and hopefully save the coaches job so he will not have to start over.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Dallas Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I agree! good for Troy, all he needed was a chance his coach in B-more had nothing but praise for Troy but their offensive plan was better suited for Joe Flacco if SF is smart they will ride this out and hopefully save the coaches job so he will not have to start over.
Absolutely. I don't have any sore feelings for Baltimore not using Troy. They had a QB come in that was getting the job done so why mess with it? But I'm glad to see Troy get his shot. The best scenario he could have found himself in was this one right here. Go to a struggling team plagued by injuries and bring some life back to the team. He found himself in the right situation and capitalized. Hopefully he keeps it going.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shayne Graham Discussions

Search the Shayne Graham Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The cold facts: Patriots bundle up at practice ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Da Bears 2010 1
Patriots work out veteran kickers Graham and Su... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Wallaceburrg native 1
Giants Sign Kicker Shayne Graham, Place Cruz On IR (Oct '10) Oct '10 MindLegend 1
Nugent looks like perfect fit with Bengals a " ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jungle 2
Fan Mailbag: Competition At Kicker? (Jun '10) Jun '10 Frank 1
Eagles 'earn' tie with Bengals (Nov '08) Apr '10 Watuschski 43
Bob Hunter commentary: One-dimensional offense ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 WHOSEDEY 13
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••