Bob Hunter commentary: Rumblings ... Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns and more | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Some Ohio State insiders believe that the school didn't plan to announce the suspension of six players last week, figuring that a later announcement would avoid the issue of whether they could play in the Sugar Bowl.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2011
Justin Igger

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

The staged apologies didn't convince many. I'm very disappointed in the total lack of articulation of these so-called college students. Obviously they had been drilled in "talking points", which sounded awkwardly forced and unnatural.

It's always embarrassing when the bruthas speak for OSU because it makes it look like our students are of very low intelligence. I like to hear someone like Sanzenbacher speaking for OSU because he is articulate and intelligent. I know this isn't Stanford but gee whiz, do our student athletes all have to sound like rapstas?

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

I'd like to see Dawson stay in Cleveland for another couple of years but veteran kickers are a salary cap drain. Dawson is very good, but he's a step down from the great ones.

If the Bengals don't pull the plug on Ocho and bring his act back next year, Mike Brown should be stripped of control by the NFL. That team needs leadership which means the jerks need to go and they need a new coach and a qb who will take charge.
Chuck Wiles

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Hey ... I have a question. I'll preface with why I am contacting the Columbus Dispatch. Everybody knows that Columbus is the home of St. Tressel and that everybody in Columbus knows everything about everything about college football ... so here's the question.

When the lowly Huskies rose up and smote the feared Huskers yesterday is the game considered a loss for the Big 12 or a loss for the Big Ten/Eleven/Twelve?

Just curious ... from the Canyon Country of Northern California.

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Chuck Wiles wrote:
Hey ... I have a question. I'll preface with why I am contacting the Columbus Dispatch. Everybody knows that Columbus is the home of St. Tressel and that everybody in Columbus knows everything about everything about college football ... so here's the question.
When the lowly Huskies rose up and smote the feared Huskers yesterday is the game considered a loss for the Big 12 or a loss for the Big Ten/Eleven/Twelve?
Just curious ... from the Canyon Country of Northern California.
I'll go ahead and chalk that up as a loss for the Big 10. Nebraska is supposed to bolster the Big 10 and by virtue of returning players they were supposed to be a contender. They will contend in the Big 10 but that's clearly not saying much.
Who Dey

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

The GOD wrote:
I'd like to see Dawson stay in Cleveland for another couple of years but veteran kickers are a salary cap drain. Dawson is very good, but he's a step down from the great ones.
If the Bengals don't pull the plug on Ocho and bring his act back next year, Mike Brown should be stripped of control by the NFL. That team needs leadership which means the jerks need to go and they need a new coach and a qb who will take charge.
There's a place for clowns. It's called the circus.
Phil Dawson Fan

Media, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Phil Dawson also has a new website PhilDawsonEdge.com where he's appearently getting in the business of coaching high school and college kickers. What a great way to extend his legacy and give back to the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••