Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Not only did vick and posse use the beagles as bait dogs but he used them for blood transfusions for the injured pitbulls that they made fight. They really are some sick bastards.

Here's the story of one beagle who survived his hellhole:

'Vick dog' now a cherished member of Acredale family

By Sandra J. Pennecke
The Virginian-Pilot
July 20, 2008
Correspondent

KEMPSVILLE

JR may not have felt like a lucky dog before, but he is now.

The beagle was one of the infamous "Michael Vick dogs" that inhabited the suspended NFL star's Surry County home. Dogs like JR spent their days alone and locked up. Vick is currently serving a 23-month prison sentence in Leavenworth, Kan.

Sixty-five of Vick's dogs were taken from his dog-fighting compound and 12, including nine beagles, two Rottweilers and a Cane Corso, were brought to the Virginia Beach Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals last year.

Ralph and Deborah Miller of Acredale just happened to adopt the last beagle while visiting the SPCA in search of a pet.

"It was dumb luck," Ralph Miller said. "We had been searching for an appropriate dog for our home when my wife and daughter went there one day.

"They called me and told me to come in and when I did they were in a room with JR. We brought him home the next day."

That day, Dec. 28, is when the Millers will celebrate JR's birthday from now on. They are not sure of his birthday or how old he is, but they estimate he's about 8 years old.

The Millers' 10-year-old daughter Glenne knew JR was "the one" from the minute she saw him.

"He was so cute and he looked at me with his big puppy eyes," Glenne said.

Behind the "big puppy eyes" are deep-set issues the Millers must deal with. JR suffers from heartworms, severe gingivitis and has a skin rash because of repeated blood transfusions.

"He was used to provide blood for the dogs that were fighting," Ralph Miller said.

"He was in rough shape and has special needs because he'd never been in a family environment before," he said. JR is afraid of bright lights, doesn't care for water much and had issues being house-trained.

But he's smart, and loves people and taking walks. He even gets along with Max, the family cat. As for what JR's life was like before the Millers adopted him - "I'd rather not know," Miller said.

Sandra J. Pennecke, pennecke@cox.net

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/07/vick-dog-now-...

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

USA ROCKS wrote:
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Not only did vick and posse use the beagles as bait dogs but he used them for blood transfusions for the injured pitbulls that they made fight. They really are some sick bastards.
I am convinced that the evidence the Feds had on Vick personally was so overwhelming, so depraved, that Vick would have taken any steps necessary to insure that the public was not made privy to that information. I believe that if we knew ALL the facts of this case, especially to the extent that Vick was involved in the killing of the dogs that wouldn't fight, we would hate him even more than we do now, IF that is possible.
Rebecca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Jen, I am sure there is much,much more. He could give transfusions but no euthanasia. and 23 months was all.......
Anbreen

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Jeebus! Was he Torquemada, in a previous incarnation?

That whole Dogschwitz posse need to be permantently barred from posessing or caring for any species of animal.

“Be Kind to Animals”

Since: Nov 07

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

How ironic that those dogs were used to provide blood to the fighting dogs yet, if the recipient of the blood transfusion lost the fight or refused to fight it was then tortured to death. I don't care if Vick personally took part in this activity or not. The mere fact that he provided the land, the house and the money for it to happen makes him just as sick as the bastards who did the actual work.
Anbreen

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Rebecca wrote:
Jen, I am sure there is much,much more. He could give transfusions but no euthanasia. and 23 months was all.......
Yep! And an IM injection for euthanasia is a helluvalot easier to administer than a transfusion.
Anbreen

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Pretty sick little "entertainment," that. VERY sick little gang.

Doesn't it remind you of those B horror movies they used to show at the drive-ins? Crazed sadists doing bizarre surgeries?

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Anbreen wrote:
Pretty sick little "entertainment," that. VERY sick little gang.
Doesn't it remind you of those B horror movies they used to show at the drive-ins? Crazed sadists doing bizarre surgeries?
Everybody who wants to call these things a "mistake" and/or gripe that we are just being racists, etc., should be made to look at pictures of these animals AFTER their torture. But...that's wishing too much.
Rebecca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Anbreen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! And an IM injection for euthanasia is a helluvalot easier to administer than a transfusion.
it amazes me that these "Fans?"don't seem to understand this stuff. I know some just really don't care but some of them seem like their blinded.
New York

Bridgewater, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

I wonder if this movie/show about vick will be pro or con. If they actually divulge what really went on I think vick might as well kiss his a** good-bye. And if they try to make him look like the poor innocent guy that just provided his friends and family with a home the uproar will be incredible. It will be interesting. I think he'll lose either way. Doesn't someone get paid royalties for this movie/show?
Anbreen

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

New York wrote:
I wonder if this movie/show about vick will be pro or con. If they actually divulge what really went on I think vick might as well kiss his a** good-bye. And if they try to make him look like the poor innocent guy that just provided his friends and family with a home the uproar will be incredible. It will be interesting. I think he'll lose either way. Doesn't someone get paid royalties for this movie/show?
Most states have laws whereby one cannot profit from one's crime, through royalties. Vick won't get any money.
Rebecca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

Anbreen wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, how long does it take ? all of two seconds. maybe 5 to find and load the syringe.
What movie are you talking about NY? is it a tv special or a movie in hollywood?
Rebecca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

I looked at that article with a picture of the beagle. what a beautiful picture of this beagle with his big floppy ears out. so nice to see this after seeing bad dogfighting photo posted again in WXIA(old photo). I am so glad he had a happy ending.
Anbreen

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>exactly, how long does it take ? all of two seconds. maybe 5 to find and load the syringe.
What movie are you talking about NY? is it a tv special or a movie in hollywood?
There's gonna be a special on the rehab of the Vick dogs.

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Anbreen wrote:
<quoted text>
There's gonna be a special on the rehab of the Vick dogs.
I forgot to make a note of when that would be on and what channel. Would you post it again Anbreen?

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

New York wrote:
Even though he will still be wealthy when he gets out of prison, in my opinion, he still loses. Somewhere in the Bible there is a passage that says "what does a man have who gains the world but loses his soul". What kind of soul does a person have who can deliberately inflict unbearable pain on a living thing? I believe that if there is a hell it is reserved for people who have no respect for life.
Anbreen

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to make a note of when that would be on and what channel. Would you post it again Anbreen?
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/...
USA ROCKS

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Anbreen wrote:
Thanks for the link Anbreen. I wasn't sure if this was coming on AP or NatGeo.

Since: Aug 08

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

Anbreen wrote:
Don't miss it. Friday September 5th at 9 PM on National Geographic.
Anbreen

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

USA ROCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't miss it. Friday September 5th at 9 PM on National Geographic.
AND, AP on 8-4 @ 10P! Watch both! Tivo!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of333
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••