Obstinance - Ted Thompson's Downfall

Oct 5, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 620AM WTMJ

Brett Favre extracted a smile this evening as the Vikings beat the Packers 30-23 but more importantly, Favre was brilliant.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Oct 10, 2009
Ron Braun

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

WE all knew Brett could still play football but
were unsure if he wanted to.
In summay, a good high school quarterback could have performed well in the Monday game with the
supporting cast Brett had.
Danger D

Ipswich, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

It will be the line, not Favre, that brings TT down.
Danger D

Ipswich, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

and possibly brings down Rodgers.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

im guessing Clifton at LT and Tauscher back at RT will improve things,and i hope they move Alan Barbre to LG and bench Daryn Colledge.
again the problem is the Left side so signing Tauscher isnt going to help the left side,but,it will improve the Right side,so we can maybe run more plays away from the LT side and buy Aaron a few more seconds to throw and maybe even allow a hit or 2 less per game,which isnt alot but that can add up during the course of a season.
normallylikeyell ow

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

Ron Braun wrote:
In summay, a good high school quarterback could have performed well in the Monday game with the
That sir, is an insult to Sage and TJ, who may not have won that game Monday. Brett played great. We all know he's capable. We all know he's capable of laying an egg, too. We get another chance in a month.
normallylikeyell ow

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

The line is a big concern. I'd like to see us be more aggressive, which may mean sticking with the run a bit more, even when it's not always working. Firing out and hitting somebody is simpler (most times) than pass blocking. We've got three FBs and (allegedly) a new commitment to power running (as opposed to zone blocking). Let's put some hats on people and get some continuity going. It might mean less sexy stats, but the defense will improve if the offense can hold the ball. That is the Steelers football we all gushed about in preseason. I'm afraid we're vulnerable if we don't.
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

MM is not committed to the run. I believe Grant only rushed 11 times against the Vikings, and we need to do a better job trying to balance that out. I know we're 2-2 right now, but we're not dead in the water. The offensive line is where we are getting killed and bringing Tauscher back should help the line along with Clifton healthy. I also think College is weak and would prefer Barbre at LG. After the Bear game Barbre has played decent. No question we need to address the line with the draft/FA as we need two tackles eventually. I know #4 burned us, but with seemed the focus was to shut AP down which we did. We put pressure on #4 and he will give us some opportunities next time. Let's take care of the Lions and Browns, then stick it to the Vikes in Lambeau!!!!
packer fan for life

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

eric wrote:
im guessing Clifton at LT and Tauscher back at RT will improve things,and i hope they move Alan Barbre to LG and bench Daryn Colledge.
again the problem is the Left side so signing Tauscher isnt going to help the left side,but,it will improve the Right side,so we can maybe run more plays away from the LT side and buy Aaron a few more seconds to throw and maybe even allow a hit or 2 less per game,which isnt alot but that can add up during the course of a season.
EXACTLY HA EVERYONE WATCH OUT FOR CHILDRESSS HAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH AHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAH HES ONE SCARY DUDE

“err-human favregive-divine”

Since: Sep 09

erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

Ron Braun wrote:
You sir are dead wrong, yes he had time but he had incredible velocity on his balls and the throws he made,ie-across his body across the field few others can make.
gogreenbaygo4

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

and we will lose cuz were not invincible at home any more and were gonna get sacked a million times again. plus your not gonna shut down ap twice in one year, not gonna happen so even if favre has a bad game ap picks up the load packers lose by 10 we proably wont run for 100 yards all season that gets us to maybe maybe maybe 6-10 i c us droppin 11 cuz arod is still hangin on to dat bears game wen he went deep and won that doesnt happen every game but arod thinks it does he's really starting to upset me
gogreenbaygo4

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

thats another thing the packers dont believe n pickin up better players n free agency or actually payn players that r good they only paid arod like that to upset favre let him really now we've moved on we should move on without mm and tt and dom capers whose high powered defense is givin up 24 a game go back to 4-3 and lets play football especially aaron kampman he's a beast let him rush the passer a linebacker r u kidding me this is killn me what r they doing
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

TT has gone into hiding. It's nice. I like it. It makes it easier to imagine he's already gone.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

normallylikeyellow wrote:
<quoted text> That sir, is an insult to Sage and TJ, who may not have won that game Monday. Brett played great. We all know he's capable. We all know he's capable of laying an egg, too. We get another chance in a month.
It will be interesting to see Minn Viking fans reaction after Brett has his annual 4 or 5 INT game,and before the "Favreies" get on me,im not insulting him,,,he has a game like that every year,like almost any other qb.
normallylikeyell ow

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

They beat us and that's all they care about for now. Let's just let Brett have his day. Tomorrow's another game. I'm glad we have the bye.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

NYL,im just saying since they beat the Packers,all of a sudden they are the powerhouse and heading to the Superbowl,so im wondering after BF has one of his bad games he has once a year,if they will still be so high and gongho is all im saying.
normallylikeyell ow

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

Yeah I know. They'll find out. Unless this is some blessed experience. You never know...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mark Tauscher Discussions

Search the Mark Tauscher Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lambeau Field has hosted memorable cold games (Jan '14) Feb '14 boo ya 5
Reggie McKenzie Likes Carson Palmer (Apr '12) Apr '12 Captain Canada 12
Packers use last pick of first round on offensi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 eric 4
Rodgers, Packers arrive in Dallas for Super Bow... (Feb '11) Feb '11 What-The 1
Rodgers, Packers arrive in Dallas for Super Bowl (Feb '11) Feb '11 ROlson 2
Packers' Bulaga shakes off penalties for playoffs (Jan '11) Jan '11 answerman 1
Green Bay Packers' offense short on points, lon... (Oct '10) Oct '10 GBPfan 5
•••
•••