Agent: Lions make offer to free agent RB Grant

May 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ClickOnDetroit

Free agent running back Ryan Grant is considering a contract offer from the Detroit Lions, according to his agent.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated May 8, 2012
answerman

Appleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

This doesn't make any sense. The Lions already have Jahvid Best and Mikel LeShoure. Why would Grant want to go into that situation? He'd have more carries as a Packer.
eric

Marshfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Judged:

Detroit is the only team Ive heard about,so maybe the market just isnt there for him.Given the 2,id think he would take GB.A better team,grass instead of the artificial garbage and a dome,more carries as you said and he familiar,its just a question of does TT want him.IF TT thinks Brandon Saine,Alex Green,James Starks and maybe a UNFA can make the cut,well.....If not,Grant may be back.Personally,id like to have Grant back, he was a 1200 yard back for quite a while and for his age,he doesnt have a whole lot of miles on him and hes prob. good for another 2 or 3 years id say.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

So much for the Packers running attack.The Packers arent the same team as two years ago.We almost beat the Packers last year with Michael Jenkins,Percy Harvin and Devin Aromashodu,just think of this year with tight ends Kyle Rudolph and John Carlson as well as reciever Jerome Simpson and the new guys from Arkansas.When Peterson gets healthy along with Gerhart we have a good chance of beating any of the North teams.Gonna be a fun year I think.Gerharts better than any of the Packers running backs and Petersons twice as good.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Bleeds Purple wrote:
So much for the Packers running attack.The Packers arent the same team as two years ago.We almost beat the Packers last year with Michael Jenkins,Percy Harvin and Devin Aromashodu,just think of this year with tight ends Kyle Rudolph and John Carlson as well as reciever Jerome Simpson and the new guys from Arkansas.When Peterson gets healthy along with Gerhart we have a good chance of beating any of the North teams.Gonna be a fun year I think.Gerharts better than any of the Packers running backs and Petersons twice as good.
Well they played 2 games so…

- The Vikes ’almost’ beat the Packers.
or
- The Packers completely destroyed the Vikings last year.

Both true statements
I guess it depends on what side of the fence you are on and what games you choose remember.

Did you know the Packers swept the NFC North last year? They were the first team to do that. Think they can do it again? I do, will they? maybe. Do you think the Vikings have a shot a sweeping the NFC North? I don't, will they? NO!
eric

Marshfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Bleeds Purple wrote:
Losing Grant may very well hurt for sure.Looking at how you improved your WR ect is great but also consider GB has added and much more then likely improved all 3 tiers of their defense ( Dline,LB and secondary).Like Mentioned above.Minn.played GB well in 1 meeting ( first one) and GB smacked them around the 2nd meeting w/ your young qb on film now.IF my memory is true,that can explain some of the difference.No doubt in my mind Minn.will be a better team and will be tough and will beat anyone who takes them for granted but im not sure a Viking fan can really count on Minn.being on the same level as GB,Det or Chi this year.Your getting better but still a year or 2 away IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Starks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Reasons Why the Green Bay Packers Will Win th... Jul '14 cara murphy 5
Green Bay Packers tabbed as 'winners' in free a... Apr '14 Spielman 2
The Green Bay Packers could have the best offen... Mar '14 He Hate Me 7
San Francisco 49ers vs. Green Bay Packers: Brea... (Jan '14) Jan '14 _Jusayin_ 31
Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers Final Score:... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Eddie Lacy Injury: Updates on Packers RB's Ankl... (Dec '13) Dec '13 GBPfan 2
Ch-ch-changes? Not likely for Packers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bobo 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

James Starks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••