Punchless Gophers lose to Michigan 29-6

Full story: TwinCities.com

The University of Minnesota football team couldn't find a way to replace injured wide receiver Eric Decker's offensive production and went scoreless in the first half for the first time since coach Tim ...
Comments
41 - 54 of 54 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
joke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

What a pathetic team! Weak minded! Weak coaches! A bunch of losers who have 7 wins but beat nobody!
7-5=Toilet Bowl! This team is sickning just like the Vikes they are both pukes!
Blah Blah Blah

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

Building the new stadium for this team is a waste of money. We should rename them ,the "Chipmunks" as something they can live up to. A Gopher is to big of a rodent for them!
P-O-S

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Judged:

It was a disgusting display of Football I have to admit. The offensive line is lacking and / or Eskridge isn't getting it done. To me, it seems that Salamon gives them a better chance offensively than Eskridge. You can't run a spread without a consistant running game. Pass blocking is poor, not allowing the Gophers to throw down the field enough. Getting Hageman to commit is great news, since he's probably the one Minnesota recruit that can compete at a Division 1 level. Hageman, might never qualify academically though. The emphasis of recruiting needs to be on offensive lineman occasionally, not just skill positions. I know we got some three star offensive lineman coming in, but I don't see where we were recruiting any four or five star lineman. Why is that? The last two games shows we need to get more athletic on defense. The class of defensive recruits looks like a Mason class. We don't need McNeal from Breck, we need some defensive help. I don't think Gerin at his size is the answer. The recruiting class coming in doesn't match our needs, Defense or Offensive Line that can dominate at this level.
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Judged:

They win just enough to get some fan interest and then they fall completley on there butts...how sad but nothing new here. It just makes it sooooo difficult to feel any enthusiasm towards this team....looks like another trip to the Toilet Bowl in Outstate, MS....
Evan

Indialantic, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Gofs is bad

Since: Nov 08

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

P-O-S wrote:
It was a disgusting display of Football I have to admit. The offensive line is lacking and / or Eskridge isn't getting it done. To me, it seems that Salamon gives them a better chance offensively than Eskridge. You can't run a spread without a consistant running game. Pass blocking is poor, not allowing the Gophers to throw down the field enough. Getting Hageman to commit is great news, since he's probably the one Minnesota recruit that can compete at a Division 1 level. Hageman, might never qualify academically though. The emphasis of recruiting needs to be on offensive lineman occasionally, not just skill positions. I know we got some three star offensive lineman coming in, but I don't see where we were recruiting any four or five star lineman. Why is that? The last two games shows we need to get more athletic on defense. The class of defensive recruits looks like a Mason class. We don't need McNeal from Breck, we need some defensive help. I don't think Gerin at his size is the answer. The recruiting class coming in doesn't match our needs, Defense or Offensive Line that can dominate at this level.
Don't forget that the recruiting is far from done at this point and as to next year we already have Ed Olsen coming in as well as Carufel the transfer from Notre Dame. I personally think that the offensive line should be built the way Nebraska does it- by getting quality walk-ons and thus freeing scholarships for other positions. It would also be nice to land the kid from Cretin for the class of 2010.
Senator Larry Craig

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

stuart smallie wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do
I love you Elvis.
Evan

Indialantic, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Judged:

Minnesota sucks. Iowa is better in every sport than minnesota. Iowa is going to beat them in football this year to.

Since: Nov 08

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Judged:

Evan wrote:
Minnesota sucks. Iowa is better in every sport than minnesota. Iowa is going to beat them in football this year to.
Absolutely! Better in Professional Football, better in MLB, better in the NHL, better in... oh wait, Iowa has no major professional sports teams! Why is that? Is it because Minnesota sucks? I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why this might be.
Now if the argument is that the Iowa Hawkeyes Football team is currently better than the Gophers I will concede that- but, hypothetically, if someone cared to wager on the outcome of a head up match up 2 years from now I would gladly take that bet. Hypothetically, of course.
Evan

Indialantic, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

The reason we don't have a professional team is the state of iowa is to small
The Loon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Judged:

You mean "too small".
Evan

Indialantic, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Yeah it is to small
Elvis Presley

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Evan wrote:
Yeah it is to small
Yes it is two small
Evan

Indialantic, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Iowa need a team though

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eric Decker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2013 NFL MVP Race: Why Tom Brady Should Win (Dec '13) Mon Flatulence Fred 458
Peyton Manning can be better (somehow) in 2014,... Aug 11 Flatulence Fred 26
Jets' Dimitri Patterson on perhaps being target... Aug 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Are the New York Jets A Playoff Team? Aug 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Jets Fantasy Football: Where to Draft Eric Decker? Aug 8 Vickfarts 2
Eric Decker Set to Create His Own Legacy with t... Jul '14 Janitor 8
Jets trying to get underachieving receiver Step... Jul '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1

Search the Eric Decker Forum:
•••
•••