Christian Ponder takes control of Vikings

Full story: Buffalo News

From the moment Christian Ponder took over the Minnesota Vikings offense in Week 5 of his rookie season, the quarterback never stopped scrambling.
Comments
41 - 53 of 53 Comments Last updated May 26, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

HAHAHAHAHA
With our cup cake schedule,I expect at least 7 wins.Team will need to grow together.Blaming the Qb before you even sneeze,is meaningless.Last I checked Walters, they had us looking at Wr.Bleacher,isn't worth my time.If you don't like Ponder,put your name up.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Childress wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA
With our cup cake schedule,I expect at least 7 wins.Team will need to grow together.Blaming the Qb before you even sneeze,is meaningless.Last I checked Walters, they had us looking at Wr.Bleacher,isn't worth my time.If you don't like Ponder,put your name up.
Walters had us looking at who?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

1. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
OK, so I'm cheating a bit. I don't have the Vikings as the worst team in the aforementioned 2012 NFL Power Rankings, but they're the only team in the bottom five that will be looking for a quarterback if they finish that low. However, as we've seen in the 2012 NFL Draft, teams won't be afraid to trade within the top five. If Minnesota finishes with the second-worst record in the league, it won't hesitate to give up on Christian Ponder and draft Matt Barkley No. 1 overall, even if that requires moving up for him.

Barkley is the overwhelming favorite to go No. 1 at the moment, but a lot can change in a year. He took a big risk by going back to school, but the reward of banging hot chicks at USC could be well worth it.

Childress, oops.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Myself I like Bleacher report There on top of things & sometimes give a different view then the same old thing some of the others put out
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

I wouldnt think the Vikings would have a chance at Matt Barkley next season. Last season the first 4 games the Vikings should have won This Team wasnt as bad as it looks on paper. The Vikes pass rush had 50 sacks was tied for first The Total offense was 23rd. Not having a playmaker receivers & having a front line that only played everyother snap 23rd in offense wasnt to bad. IF your going to blame Ponder give him credit also for not being last in total offense. I cant see how the experts can foresee the future & say the Vikings should pick Barkley & the season hasnt played out yet. Remember the Saints after a 3-13 season There next season they was 10-6 giving them their first division title since 1991 Like I said the Vikings isnt as bad as they look on paper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
I wouldnt think the Vikings would have a chance at Matt Barkley next season. Last season the first 4 games the Vikings should have won This Team wasnt as bad as it looks on paper. The Vikes pass rush had 50 sacks was tied for first The Total offense was 23rd. Not having a playmaker receivers & having a front line that only played everyother snap 23rd in offense wasnt to bad. IF your going to blame Ponder give him credit also for not being last in total offense. I cant see how the experts can foresee the future & say the Vikings should pick Barkley & the season hasnt played out yet. Remember the Saints after a 3-13 season There next season they was 10-6 giving them their first division title since 1991 Like I said the Vikings isnt as bad as they look on paper
We were in all but a few games.We'll draft where needed,but who cares right now.Haven't even started the 2012 campaign.JD ask what mock site I use,now Jimmy lives in it.HAHAHA.They say right off,to early to say but swoosh,right over his (Jimmy) head.
If you don't like the QB,be a man and say it,don't give examples.And the last sentences means Jimmy.Other wise shut the hell up.He's a broken record and a bore ass.

Since: Mar 07

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Travis...hope all is well with you!
This NFL Ticket is gettin' expensive.
Should I watch our team play for a another top 3 pick and this TIME draft a legit WR??????????
I think the young man from Trinity HS in Pitt. could be on the Vikes radar.
2015 draft of course.
Whoops still don't fill the GREAT HUGE VOID/ABYSS/NEED for a WR now!!!!!!!!!!
I digress..........
I just think with the Vikes all in with Ponder they had/have to get him a deep threat.
Maybe I am senile or maybe L.F. is a D guy who played for the Bears.
Hey EVF,
Good on this end, I have to say I am expecting at least 8 wins this year. Because so many people are on the block if not!! Time will tell, but for some reason I think it will work out, I am excite about Simpson I think he will help out alot.

Travis
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

I hear the Vikings have WR Josh Philpart at camp. The Guy does have good hands He might be worth keeping around
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Theres all the proof you need that shows Ponder can be a good QB & lead this team to a super bowl proof is in the stats

Since: Mar 07

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

I don't see much video on Philpart. I am all for them trying out as many players as possible!

Travis

“Movin to Denver in SEP”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

CANNOT wait for next season! GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!11

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Now don't shoot the messenger. On first take Skip, SteveA and Herm Edwards said the NFC North have great QB's except for Minnesota.

I look at thing objectively most pundits agree with me. Christian Ponder is Mark Sanchez. I hope I'm wrong but it's the QB position and is where I made my name.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

TRPE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey EVF,
Good on this end, I have to say I am expecting at least 8 wins this year. Because so many people are on the block if not!! Time will tell, but for some reason I think it will work out, I am excite about Simpson I think he will help out alot.
Travis
AP Ahead of the time table 4 rehab..........PLAYER......... .Stadium.........D line top sacks',,,,,,,,,

DRIVER that dude 2 dance.......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Donovan McNabb Discussions

Search the Donovan McNabb Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings should use care with Bridgewater Jun '14 Pat 3
Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Minnesota Vikings: Signing Michael Vick would b... Mar '14 CON-vick-T 8
The Numbers Game: How does Donovan McNabb compa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 McFumbles 4
Why This Will Be Jared Allen's Last Season with... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Mike Tice Fan Club Pres 3
Minnesota Vikings 2013: Why Do People Seem to H... (May '13) May '13 Stubby 10
Donovan McNabb upset about Tony Romo contract, ... (Mar '13) May '13 George 33
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••