UM escapes pesky UCF

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

There is plenty of time later this week to talk about the negatives. For now, the Miami Hurricanes will simply just enjoy the moment.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brian Fortay

Oaklyn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Jeez, I thought the Hurrican'ts sucked after last week's beating by FSU and after losing to UNC. But what a joke against UCF. I'm tired of hearing about UM's recruits and the future. UM's freshman are better than any of the players on the UCF roster, regardless of class. Now, I realize that FSU was just bored last week in letting UM back into the game. And the Can'ts couldn't even pull out a victory despite the many gifts FSU gave them in that game. Two things missing from this team present in past teams...heart and confidence. Maybe Baylor would lend out Kirby Freeman for the rest of the season?!!
Allen

Kirkland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Brian Fortay wrote:
Jeez, I thought the Hurrican'ts sucked after last week's beating by FSU and after losing to UNC. But what a joke against UCF. I'm tired of hearing about UM's recruits and the future. UM's freshman are better than any of the players on the UCF roster, regardless of class. Now, I realize that FSU was just bored last week in letting UM back into the game. And the Can'ts couldn't even pull out a victory despite the many gifts FSU gave them in that game. Two things missing from this team present in past teams...heart and confidence. Maybe Baylor would lend out Kirby Freeman for the rest of the season?!!
Tsk, tsk! Such negativity. Chill, it's a long road back to being competitive for this team, and it's headed in the right direction.
Canes Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Not very impressive except for the run defense.
john

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

hey they had a impressive loss against Florida 26-3 on Florida's field. Even with Florida playing bad they were in contention throughout the game. Wow this program is bad and the door has been shut closed. This program is dead and it will take a decade or two to get back if it's possible at all.
yeagators

Harwood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

W o w.....

14-10?????
Cane Thug

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Thanks for your input Coral Springs you idiot. Marve is the QB on this team and Harris fills in for experience if you don't like it go back to watching Coral Springs High. I hear they suck also.
Rex Grossman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

how can it be MARVE wrote:
RANDY,
How can you tell us that Marve is the QB? He sucks. He has had 6 games to run the first team O and has led to how FEW drives with points?
Marve SUCKS!!! He is an athlete for sure but throws way too many INT's and overshoots easy passes etc... He has had almost as many 3 and outs as Kirby Freeloader and Wrong Wright did last season.
PLAY JACORY HARRIS....NOT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER OR AT THE END OF THE 1ST HALF, PLAY JACORY FROM THE START OF THE GAME. WATCH JACORY FOR THE WHOLE GAME GET COMFORTABLE WITH THE FIRST TEAM AND SEE HOW HE MOVES THE TEAM WITH MORE CONSISTENCY
CORAL SPRINGS WANTS JACORY HARRIS AND HIS MERRY BAND OF NW TEAM MATES ON THE FIELD TO BOND INTO AN OFFENSE THAT UM FANS REMEMBER...GIVE THE DEFENSE A BREAK FROM MR FOOTBALL ROBERT MARVE WHO JUST SUCKS..
HOW DO YOU SPELL TURNOVER, HOW DO YOU SPELL 3 AND OUT, HOW DO YOU SPELL LOSS??? THEY ALL BEGIN WITH M-A-R-V-E.... U SUCK PRETTY BOY. WHY NOT GO TO SOUTH BEACH, DRINK AGAIN AND SMASH OUT SOMEONE'S CAR WINDOW.....
PLAY JACORY AND LET CANNON SMITH INTO THE MIX....DON'T BE A COKER AND CHOKER ON ONE LOSER FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS....
Harris will be gone by next year. He is awful. He has no arm. He couldnt start at FIU.
DK Schrute

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Canes are awful. Coaching staff needs to look in the mirror.
FIRE NIX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

PATRICK NIX HAS ZERO PHILOSOPHY AS AN OC....He should be fired in a second...his calls are terrible.. a pop warner team has better play calls
Cane Fan 001

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

A win is a win but you have to admitt all of the game they lost have been pretty close. Heck! If they had in offense they probably would beat the Gators..Randy Shannon is not in the hot seat for now because of this young football team.
UCF 95

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Had to be one of the worse games I have ever watched. Coaching on both side was really bad. Why did Shannon not call timeout with 1:32 left in 1st half (had 3 left). Marve goes right out and throws a pick. As a UCF fan, thans to Shannon for that. From my perspective, you can see Marve has all the tools to be a good QB, just needs to make better decisions. You have to remember he was going up against one of the best Secondaries in all of CFB. Same goes for UCF's QB, great arm, great tools, just too young and inexperienced, he made a lot of bad decisions. UCF's O-Line is just too inexperienced (hence 24 yards rushing), we lost two seniors who are now starting in the NFL. If either team had an offense, this would have been one hell of a game.
Excuses

Islamorada, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Team is atrocious, enough of the "rebuilding" card. I hope they lose the rest of their games and bite the bullet and bring in a proven top flight head coach. Shannon may be a good guy and a great recruiter but this team is obviously unmotivated and ill prepared. And Nix is probably the worst OC in D1. How bad is it? Canes will be underdogs to Duke.
Don

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Brian Fortay wrote:
\
Brian, you got beat out by GIno in 91, and cried like a baby---and your daddy made you transfer--none of you jokers caught on to old Fortay? Couldnt cut it at the U, torretta won the heisman, and you lost all your games at Rutgers. We are playing freshman, and unlike college basketball, under developed Football. YOu need experience in college, and coker recruited like you played at the U-horribly---WE ARE GETTING NO ONE DRAFTED THIS YEAR--DOES THAT TELL YOU HOW MUCH OF A BAD JOB COKER DID?
the u

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

We got out-coached again. Keep Shannon for a couple more years to reel in top talent. Then we kick him and his staff to the curb.

You're a great guy Randy and I've got nothing but love for you, but being a head coach just isn't your forte.

Follow the Florida plan. Hire an Urban Meyer in a couple of years and return our U to greatness!
sumtercane

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Dump pass at the line of scrimmage for a 1 yard gain or loss, run cooper up the middle for one to three yards, now try to pass on a 3rd and forever (defense knows the pass is coming-or draw), punt.

Patrick Nix play calling is so predictable that if I weren't a Cane fan, it would be funny.

U can't blame Marve or Jacory when UCF defense can read your offense like a cartoon section in Sunday's paper!

Randy U got a good D coordinator in Young-he is working through injuries but needs to have a spy for the QB. I saw several times where if the UCF QB wasn't so scared, he could have ran for first downs. Secondary still needs work because the only reason UCF wasn't converting third downs was because the QB was either over of under throwing his wide open receivers.

BUT, the offense is ALMOST completely the blame of Nix. I say almost because he actually called a good game against FSU by spreading the field a little but the receivers couldn't catch a cold that day, even in the rain.
UCF 95

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

the u wrote:
We got out-coached again. Keep Shannon for a couple more years to reel in top talent. Then we kick him and his staff to the curb.
You're a great guy Randy and I've got nothing but love for you, but being a head coach just isn't your forte.
Follow the Florida plan. Hire an Urban Meyer in a couple of years and return our U to greatness!
I wouldn't say you were outcoached, just bad decisions by your staff. They kept us in the game with some of their calls, not complaining, obviously, but I was scratching my head a few times. UCF has two weaknesses on D, the pass up the middle, and the run up the middle, and UM never tried to exploit either, except the TD pass early in the game.
UCF 95

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Before you pick the next Urban Meyer, can we have first dibs.
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Canes Fan wrote:
Not very impressive except for the run defense.
We all agree that "thug u" has waaaaay toooo much talent to play like theydo.
Alex

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Not impressed with this team, told you guys before the beginning of the season that it didn't matter having the top recruiting class and top 5 for the last few years. This athletes don't have the coaches to teach them and they will never get better if they can't learn about this game. Don't like the guy but look what Saban is doing to the Alabama program and he has been in Alabama 2 years just like Shannon has been in Miami, you tell me who's been doing the better coaching job?. Soon the recruiters will stop coming to the U. Shannon might be a great guy but he is not a head coach at least not yet, and I question his coaching staff. I'm a huge Hurricane fun but don't think they will beat Duke next week.(Even Duke looks better than Miami in football; never thought I'll say that).
Go Canes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Seems like this team has never recovered from that UNC loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Darryl Sharpton Discussions

Search the Darryl Sharpton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Brian Cushing Injury: Texans Will Regret DeMeco... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Buck 1
Miami Hurricanes quarterback Jacory Harris impr... (Mar '09) Mar '09 LOL - WTF 11
Coral Gables brothers face a tough decision: Pl... (Mar '09) Mar '09 syg 16
Arthur Brown focuses on University of Miami Hur... (Mar '09) Mar '09 UMfan 1
Miami Hurricanes starters Colin McCarthy, Eric ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Canes02 7
UM turns to a Jayhawk ballhawk (Sep '08) Sep '08 5 Rings 15
Adkins surprised by ACC honor (Sep '08) Sep '08 yeagators 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••