UConn's Offense Stalls In 24-10 Loss To Wake Forest

Full story: Hartford Courant

The trucks rolled out of Storrs and headed for Charlotte with all the equipment needed to send the UConn football team on the field ready to compete.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2007
Peter

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

U conn.
This is what happens to a jr.college school that plays with The Big Boys. Welcome to The Real World of College Football.Wake Forest plays real Football with Real Teams like Nebraska, Florida State, Clemson, Virgina, and Boston College.
U conn plays with maine,temple,akron, and syracuse.
All season long the claim was that u conn was playing big time ball with 9 w.
When your 9 wins are against team's like Ohio St., Georgia, LSU, USC, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas
then you can claim you are playing FOOTBALL with the BIG BOYS.
Blue Husky

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2007

I was sorry to see the season end on a bad note, but not surprised. The Huskies were not going to survive with just defense and special teams. The offense had to show up as well -- it didn't. The key to beating UConn was to get the offense quickly off the field (not too much of a problem) and wear the defense down by making them play much of the game. Mission accomplished by Wake Forest. If there's one area I'd focus on in the off-season, it's the offensive line. UConn will not get to the next level if that group cannot control the line of scrimmage. Best of luck, guys, and see you next year! All in all, this was a fine season for a young program.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Darius Butler Discussions

Search the Darius Butler Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2013 Colts Positional Review: Cornerbacks Feb '14 Sharon 1
Colts Re-sign Vaughn (Mar '13) Mar '13 New fans Cynthia 1
Patriots officially announce Albert Haynesworth... (Jul '11) Jul '11 mwgfret 4
Young Patriots find themselves atop NFL (Nov '10) Dec '10 Midnight Rambler 3
Younger Patriots have NFL's best record (Nov '10) Dec '10 Domination 4
Patriots sign 1st-rounder McCourty (Jul '10) Jul '10 hey 1
New England Patriots 2010 Training Camp Preview (Jul '10) Jul '10 wildone156075 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••