Miami Dolphins sign draft pick TE John Nalbone

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Dolphins locked up rookie tight end John Nalbone to a four-year deal worth approximately $1.75 million Thursday, according to his agent Joe Linta.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
BravPhin

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 22, 2009
 
Cool, lets get the rest of them signed
Sean

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 22, 2009
 
The next Mark Bavaro
DolphinpodP

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 22, 2009
 
I think the writings on the wall for Martin. With Haynos,Nalbone, and now Wilford too there's a bit of a log jam at TE and idk for sure but I think Martin is making the most money. Haynos, and Nalbone both come much cheaper, and can back up Fasano.
OCALA ROB

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 22, 2009
 
DolphinpodP wrote:
I think the writings on the wall for Martin. With Haynos,Nalbone, and now Wilford too there's a bit of a log jam at TE and idk for sure but I think Martin is making the most money. Haynos, and Nalbone both come much cheaper, and can back up Fasano.
are you kidding!!! no way they dump martin, he's the best t.e. they have!!! he and fasano are lock's for the 53 man roster, i guess you didn't see him play last year.
OCALA ROB

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 22, 2009
 
All three of the returning tight ends will be free agents in 2010, which explains why Nalbone was drafted. He's known as a pass catching specialist, but has decent size (6-4, 255 pounds). But Haynos, a rookie last season, is a year ahead of the fifth-round pick. If the Dolphins keep six receivers the roster might be limited to two tight ends on the active, and maybe two on the practice squad.
Sean

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 22, 2009
 
OCALA ROB wrote:
All three of the returning tight ends will be free agents in 2010, which explains why Nalbone was drafted. He's known as a pass catching specialist, but has decent size (6-4, 255 pounds). But Haynos, a rookie last season, is a year ahead of the fifth-round pick. If the Dolphins keep six receivers the roster might be limited to two tight ends on the active, and maybe two on the practice squad.
Right on, We have alot of WRs and must protect the WR rooks from the practice squad ( last yr we lost JParmale who was poached by Balt and he is going to be a very good RB I seen him up close at Ravens practice field the man is a beast). We can not put London, Turner, Hartline, or Bess on the practice squad they will be poached. 6 WRs and 2 TEs might be the way it goes this yr.
Jack Kompan

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 22, 2009
 
How long before some one can give a picture of the improvements we can expect to this year's special teams? In my opinion, last year's special teams would have to improve to be terrible, and that goes for both sides of the ball. Don't forget the coaching, remember, when a fish rotes it stats at the head.
OCALA ROB

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 22, 2009
 
Sean wrote:
<quoted text>Right on, We have alot of WRs and must protect the WR rooks from the practice squad ( last yr we lost JParmale who was poached by Balt and he is going to be a very good RB I seen him up close at Ravens practice field the man is a beast). We can not put London, Turner, Hartline, or Bess on the practice squad they will be poached. 6 WRs and 2 TEs might be the way it goes this yr.
tough comp at rb i guess he couldn't beat out ronny,ricky,or cobb's when team's are poaching our practice squad, it's not good to lose the player, but it show's depth and quality of the team and player's that the trio has aquired.
OCALA ROB

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 22, 2009
 
Sean wrote:
<quoted text>Right on, We have alot of WRs and must protect the WR rooks from the practice squad ( last yr we lost JParmale who was poached by Balt and he is going to be a very good RB I seen him up close at Ravens practice field the man is a beast). We can not put London, Turner, Hartline, or Bess on the practice squad they will be poached. 6 WRs and 2 TEs might be the way it goes this yr.
we have 11 wr's vying for maybe 6 spot's this is where there might be a surprise cut
Brian hartline ... tough and talented with a tremendous upside punt returner lanky athlete who will go up and get the ball at Big Ten 60-meter hurdler.Pat turner; Lane Kiffin: "We felt comfortable that whenever we needed to go to Patrick, he would do a great job. He has really good hands and he keeps getting better. He's such a good athlete and is so fast."
Chris Williams At 5-foot-8, 163 pounds, Williams seems suited for the slot where Davone Bess roams. New Mexico State's -time leader in reception yards and touchdown catches!!
Brennan Marion, averaged 28.7 yards-per-catch the past two seasons at Tulsa His rehabilitation has been ongoing, and his knee was strong enough for him to run a 4.52 while working out for scouts in Dallas earlier this month. He has been clocked at 4.4 in the 40.
Todd lowbar nfl veteran they had him in dallas hes got a superbowl ring with the giants no college former basketball player.
IT'S ON AT WIDE RECIEVER!!!!!
it will be very interesting to see who makes this squad
GO CAT

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 22, 2009
 
Jack Kompan wrote:
How long before some one can give a picture of the improvements we can expect to this year's special teams? In my opinion, last year's special teams would have to improve to be terrible, and that goes for both sides of the ball. Don't forget the coaching, remember, when a fish rotes it stats at the head.
I wouldnt say that; '07 was terrible, giving up 35-100yds every time we kicked the ball. Last year was not good so they made an immediate improvement by firing the special teams coach right after the season...
GO PHINS!!!
OCALA ROB

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 22, 2009
 
Sean wrote:
<quoted text>Right on, We have alot of WRs and must protect the WR rooks from the practice squad ( last yr we lost JParmale who was poached by Balt and he is going to be a very good RB I seen him up close at Ravens practice field the man is a beast). We can not put London, Turner, Hartline, or Bess on the practice squad they will be poached. 6 WRs and 2 TEs might be the way it goes this yr.
i think the trio should do a little poaching themselves as we are thin at ilb
Home SuperBowl 2010

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 23, 2009
 
Jack Kompan wrote:
...last year's special teams would have to improve to be terrible, and that goes for both sides of the ball.
We stink.
Home SuperBowl 2010

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 23, 2009
 
SS IT DEPT TAKE NOTICE

Imposter posting # 13

Please anti spam # 13

Restrict #13 from posting

Negative Dolphin comments do not come from me

This is SAME JACKAZZ that ruined message board last year

NOTICE NO POSTER ADDRESS
PLEASE FIND AND BAN POSTER #13

Sincerely,

Home SuperBowl 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anthony Fasano Discussions

Search the Anthony Fasano Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A long-ago war, a missing plane and an enduring... (May '13) May '13 tallyho 1
AP source: Keller agrees to 1-year deal with Miami (Mar '13) Mar '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
Tannehill leads Dolphins past Jaguars 24-3 (Dec '12) Jan '13 Kayla 2
Niners fight for hard-earned win over Dolphins (Dec '12) Dec '12 Harbaugh Handshake 1
Ryan Tannehill injured in Miami Dolphins&#x92; ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Blessed Sausages 5
Miami Dolphins Have Open Path to Wide Receiver ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 WRtrade 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••