Illegal immigrants' kids cut from food stamp rolls

Jan 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Wichita Eagle

Kansas welfare officials have eliminated or slashed food stamp benefits for hundreds of low-income, U.S.-born children whose parents are illegal immigrants.

Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

"Carmen, a Johnson County woman, is living and working in the United States legally.

The mother of three two of them U.S. citizens came here illegally 11 years ago but now has protected status as a survivor of domestic violence and sexual assault."

Just 2 words for her, birth control. Don't have children you can't pay for. Whether you're a US citizen or not. Being on welfare is in her plans citizen or not.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Judged:

spytheweb wrote:
"Carmen, a Johnson County woman, is living and working in the United States legally.
The mother of three two of them U.S. citizens came here illegally 11 years ago but now has protected status as a survivor of domestic violence and sexual assault."
Just 2 words for her, birth control. Don't have children you can't pay for. Whether you're a US citizen or not. Being on welfare is in her plans citizen or not.
all these fake ways to get them not deported needs to stop. she more than likely banged herself up a bit after hearing she can pull this b.s..

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

spytheweb wrote:
I'm sure Carmen will tell you the reason she came here ILLEGALLY was to provide a better life for her family....oh.... wait....if her kids were born here then she didn't have a family yet. So I guess she came here to provide a better life for the family she intended to have. Sad thing is it is not her providing the better life for her family IT IS US!!!
J Bourne

Leawood, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

Bravo ga patriot! I use to be a social worker. One of my cases was a woman who was a senior. She was a born American. She had no one to help her. She had worked for over forty yers. But never made a big salary or had health insurance from her company. She retired with a social seruity check that never lasted through the month. Her only luxury item after the rent and utilities were paid was buying a plant to care for.
After she found a place to live within her means, I assisted her in applying for food stamps. Her amount was $10.00 per month. When I am in the line at the grocery store, I am irriated at the mothers and fathers who are buying hundreds of dollars of food who can't speak english and will eat better than this poor lady.I would say nearly 95 and 1/2 percent of these people are not here for a better life, more so a free life. Clean apartment, more food than way too many born Americans. Don't blame this president. This has been going on way before him. If a someone high up isn't getting paid for them being here, why are they not returning to their home?
J Bourne

Leawood, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

years, security,irritated, errors occur when I am passionate about injustice!
The Gov

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

The Kansas Gov was on TV this morning in regards to this. What they're trying to do is make sure "all families" are reporting their total income, not just citizens. Makes sense to me!
Wire Transfers

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

I wonder if a state's government can request the total amount of funds wire-transferred out of the country from their state? If so, it'd give the states an idea of how much money isn't being used to feed a family.

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

J Bourne wrote:
Bravo ga patriot! I use to be a social worker. One of my cases was a woman who was a senior. She was a born American. She had no one to help her. She had worked for over forty yers. But never made a big salary or had health insurance from her company. She retired with a social seruity check that never lasted through the month. Her only luxury item after the rent and utilities were paid was buying a plant to care for.
After she found a place to live within her means, I assisted her in applying for food stamps. Her amount was $10.00 per month. When I am in the line at the grocery store, I am irriated at the mothers and fathers who are buying hundreds of dollars of food who can't speak english and will eat better than this poor lady.I would say nearly 95 and 1/2 percent of these people are not here for a better life, more so a free life. Clean apartment, more food than way too many born Americans. Don't blame this president. This has been going on way before him. If a someone high up isn't getting paid for them being here, why are they not returning to their home?
How sad.That should not happen to an AMERICAN citizen. However I do blame the presidents....all of them who have done nothing about our southern border. I'm not surprised about democrats. They have made their point abundantly clear that they are the party that chooses to reward those who break our laws. The republicans need to stop pissing offf the AMERICAN VOTER in order to placate the "latino voter".We are well aware of waht is going on and we are getting fed up with it. This administatrion has benn lying about how tough they are on ILLEGALS. Funny how they sue states that try and stop ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION saying that it is a federal matter yet let states that welcome ILLEGALS go scott free. If no state can decide the ILLEGAL STATUS of an immigrant then no state should be able to decide the LEGAL Status of an immigrant

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

The Gov wrote:
The Kansas Gov was on TV this morning in regards to this. What they're trying to do is make sure "all families" are reporting their total income, not just citizens. Makes sense to me!
First of all they will not report their entire income.If they are forced to pay state taxes on it that leaves them less to wire out. Secondly....aren't they just here doing jobs Americans won't do for below minimum wage? Thats what they tell us.It makes you wonder how they can send so much back home,pay rent and contribute to society on 5 dollars an hour.Unless of course they are doing jobs Americans would do.And last but not least,every dollar they send home DOES NOT COME BACK TO THIS ECONOMY!Maybe the GOV should think about how much they cost the legal citizens of Kansas.I bet the citizens of Kansas would rather have their tax dollars be spent on those LEGALLY LIVING IN Kansas!
Perhaps

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>First of all they will not report their entire income.If they are forced to pay state taxes on it that leaves them less to wire out. Secondly....aren't they just here doing jobs Americans won't do for below minimum wage? Thats what they tell us.It makes you wonder how they can send so much back home,pay rent and contribute to society on 5 dollars an hour.Unless of course they are doing jobs Americans would do.And last but not least,every dollar they send home DOES NOT COME BACK TO THIS ECONOMY!Maybe the GOV should think about how much they cost the legal citizens of Kansas.I bet the citizens of Kansas would rather have their tax dollars be spent on those LEGALLY LIVING IN Kansas!
Not all the jobs are those Americans won't do. Try listening to a U.S. Citizen of Hispanic heritage who's not being hired in construction over illegals. I've had more than one tell me they wish their parents hadn't legally immigrated to the U.S., THEN had children after they became citizens.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure Carmen will tell you the reason she came here ILLEGALLY was to provide a better life for her family....oh.... wait....if her kids were born here then she didn't have a family yet. So I guess she came here to provide a better life for the family she intended to have. Sad thing is it is not her providing the better life for her family IT IS US!!!
No, she wanted to provide for her family back in Mexico. She gets a job here, gets paid under the table, sends that money to Mexico and all the while gets all the gov handouts. Then has kids to get more of our money.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

reading again the topic of the threat,anchor babies getting cut off, look for more street kids being those illegal aliens only had those poor kids for the handouts so now they will dump them on the streets after the crying gets them no where.

here in ca they do that as soon as they can walk thats how they get so many gang members they find out mom and pops never wanted them.

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Perhaps wrote:
<quoted text>Not all the jobs are those Americans won't do. Try listening to a U.S. Citizen of Hispanic heritage who's not being hired in construction over illegals. I've had more than one tell me they wish their parents hadn't legally immigrated to the U.S., THEN had children after they became citizens.
You are preaching to the choir. I know full well they are doing jobs Americans will do.What is ironic is that they are also doing jobs they WOULD NOT DO IN MEXICO FOR THE WAGES PAID THEIR. Isn't that why they call Americans lazy because they won't work for low wages. So...who does the jobs in mexico that the mexicans are too lazy to do?
Perhaps

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You are preaching to the choir. I know full well they are doing jobs Americans will do.What is ironic is that they are also doing jobs they WOULD NOT DO IN MEXICO FOR THE WAGES PAID THEIR. Isn't that why they call Americans lazy because they won't work for low wages. So...who does the jobs in mexico that the mexicans are too lazy to do?
Exactly!
The Cathar

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You are preaching to the choir. I know full well they are doing jobs Americans will do.What is ironic is that they are also doing jobs they WOULD NOT DO IN MEXICO FOR THE WAGES PAID THEIR. Isn't that why they call Americans lazy because they won't work for low wages. So...who does the jobs in mexico that the mexicans are too lazy to do?
Peopl;e from South America and the island ntions are LEGALLY coming to Mexico and doing the jobs the Mexicans abandoned to come to the U.S. and work for 10 times the money or more.
The Mexican government has ZERO tolerance for Illegal Aliens. All who come to Mexico must register or face fines and deportation, employers of illegals in Mexico also face stiff fines and some go to jail for hiring illegals. Legal Alien workers in Mexico MUST leave the country when Mexican Nationals want their jobs back.

Search; The Staggering Cost of Illegal Aliens to U.S. Taxpayers

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

Demand an end to birthright citizenship, the biggest scam ever to be perpetrated against American taxpayers.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
Demand an end to birthright citizenship, the biggest scam ever to be perpetrated against American taxpayers.
Get your CONgressional critters to support these bills:

Rep. King's H.R.140
Rep. Miller's H.R.1196
Sen. Vitter's S.723
AAF

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Afghan - Iraq Vet wrote:
Illegal Aliens and their offspring don't deserve anything from the American taxpayer.
Its not the childrens fault, the children were born in the us so they are citizens , not right to make innocent children not have food because of the parents , if our borders were more secure we wouldent have problems like this you think ?
AAF

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Illegal immigrants men most of the time do work that us USA wouldent do picking strawberries in fields dont get paid squat 115 degree weather or worse than that im sure ,no im not saying i agree with them being here, but cant put the blame on them when our system is messed up ,i just dont think its right to make any child go hungry because of the parents its not those childrens fault no matter what race children are they shouldent have to suffer because of the parents ,i seen on here some one mentioned on here American would do these crap jobs not to many would , by the way im not Hispanic ,mexican , whatever you want to call it ,IMO !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••