Jimmya s Rib Shack opening in Tupelo

Sep 28, 2010 Full story: Djournal.com 16

" The distinct smell of barbecue will be wafting across north Tupelo in the spring, when Jimmy's Rib Shack opens in Tupelo Commons, the retail development off North Gloster Street that's home to Best Buy, Ashley Furniture HomeStore, Hancock Fabrics and others.

Full Story
mmm

AOL

#1 Oct 1, 2010
To start off with, whoever put those buildings in front of the Rib Shack should have their butt whipped, heard it was the guy that runs the ice cream shop as you turn in to go to the Rib Shack....some business man huh??? You know he could arrange the buildings to where it would leave the Rib Shack visible for all those who are looking for it...second of all, I think with that being said, that the owners of the RS should look for a bigger and better location in Corinth before going to Tupelo, after all, Corinth is the RS's homebase. Get a better location where you don't have to worry with people like the "ice cream man", and also where you can see the business, then focus on Tupelo. I would take care of the RS's starting place first then move on....GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Blake

Tupelo, MS

#2 Jun 7, 2011
mmm wrote:
To start off with, whoever put those buildings in front of the Rib Shack should have their butt whipped, heard it was the guy that runs the ice cream shop as you turn in to go to the Rib Shack....some business man huh??? You know he could arrange the buildings to where it would leave the Rib Shack visible for all those who are looking for it...second of all, I think with that being said, that the owners of the RS should look for a bigger and better location in Corinth before going to Tupelo, after all, Corinth is the RS's homebase. Get a better location where you don't have to worry with people like the "ice cream man", and also where you can see the business, then focus on Tupelo. I would take care of the RS's starting place first then move on....GOOD LUCK!!!!!
the reason for the location is because that entire area (from gloster to 45) will be opened up for more businesses. plus with distinct businesses already there such as Chili's, Malco, Best Buy, Olive Garden etc. Rib Shack will definitely give more of an option for those shopping, going to the movies, or not wanting to wait elongated times for a bite to eat. Plus opening a location in a busy city such as Tupelo will only help RS's business outlook to grow in other towns and develop a better home base in Corinth.
Crinolines

West Point, MS

#3 Jun 7, 2011
Dude...The guy that owns the ice cream shop owns that whole building and the parking lot. I don't know, but he may even own the RS building. Mr. Graham, former alderman for the City of Corinth. He rents what he can.

All that to say, it does look trashy. But, when you have a great business, it's not always better business to change locales. Old customers look for you to be in your same spot. Comfort zone et al...
tmac

Saltillo, MS

#4 Jun 7, 2011
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>the reason for the location is because that entire area (from gloster to 45) will be opened up for more businesses. plus with distinct businesses already there such as Chili's, Malco, Best Buy, Olive Garden etc. Rib Shack will definitely give more of an option for those shopping, going to the movies, or not wanting to wait elongated times for a bite to eat. Plus opening a location in a busy city such as Tupelo will only help RS's business outlook to grow in other towns and develop a better home base in Corinth.
Well I can't wait till it opens. Tupelo has a lot of eating establishments but a good rib place is hard to find! Welcome to Tupelo!!!
agreed

Saltillo, MS

#5 Jun 7, 2011
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>the reason for the location is because that entire area (from gloster to 45) will be opened up for more businesses. plus with distinct businesses already there such as Chili's, Malco, Best Buy, Olive Garden etc. Rib Shack will definitely give more of an option for those shopping, going to the movies, or not wanting to wait elongated times for a bite to eat. Plus opening a location in a busy city such as Tupelo will only help RS's business outlook to grow in other towns and develop a better home base in Corinth.
Yeah, it's a shame those buildings are there because they are ugly AND they block the Rib Shack. He needs to move them to a less obstructive place. I'll never buy from him because of that.
somebody

Meridian, MS

#6 Jul 4, 2011
Crinolines wrote:
Dude...The guy that owns the ice cream shop owns that whole building and the parking lot. I don't know, but he may even own the RS building. Mr. Graham, former alderman for the City of Corinth. He rents what he can.
All that to say, it does look trashy. But, when you have a great business, it's not always better business to change locales. Old customers look for you to be in your same spot. Comfort zone et al...
No They On that Building there selfs its theirs and not no mr. graham
Crinolines

West Point, MS

#7 Jul 5, 2011
Well, I prefaced it with "I don't know." Glad "there selfs on that Building.". All the more reason NOT to move.

Not to sound like a broken record, but people wonder why we have no better jobs than fast food and gas stations. Corinth does NOT have an educated workforce to sustain higher paying jobs. Please see above comment as proof positive.
Lynn

Jackson, MS

#8 Aug 20, 2011
When will it open?
curious

Atmore, AL

#9 Oct 20, 2011
Is it open and how is it?
Johnson

Quantico, VA

#10 Oct 28, 2011
I'll focus on the positive first. The ribs are good, and I also like the BBQ Sauce... Thats it. A few of the people they have working there now are rude. The owner was also very disresepectful to the couple in front of us. I had to wait around 30 minutes for my food. I believe it would be an excellent establishment if there was a management change. I assure you the buildings in front of the RS or the Ice Cream man won't be the reason this buisness fails. A lack of Southern Hospitatlity in Mississippi will have a very negative affect on any buisness. Look for the RS in the Obituaries next year some time. Semper Fi!
Beal

United States

#11 Oct 28, 2011
I agree with Johnson. Straight and to the point.
bb

Canton, TX

#12 Nov 20, 2011
They don't serve alcohol at all. Disappointing.
Deb Garrett

Mount Holly, NC

#13 Nov 21, 2011
My friend said they got in trouble for using horse ribs!
Eastview

Tupelo, MS

#14 Nov 21, 2011
Forget the Rib Shack. Its overpriced for the service and product. Drive North on 45 ten minutes to Pappy John's Bar B Que and get a rack of ribs for $12 larger than the entire rack at RS at half the price and better to boot!! Even the beans and slaw are better than RS and the people there are happy to see you.
nik

United States

#15 Aug 7, 2012
The Rib Shack is now new and improved staff.They also now serve beer!
justme

Tupelo, MS

#16 Aug 7, 2012
In my humble opinion BBQ by Jim is the best place in tupelo for BBQ, ribs or BBQ sauce. The rib shack is sadly lacking in food taste, atmosphere, and service. Just my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost Province Brewing opens in downtown Boone Sat Ronnie Mund 6
The 10 best Twin Cities dog friendly restaurants Sep 12 T-bro 9
Forghedaboudit joins Silver restaurant row Sep 10 Rocky 4
China Restaurant Sep 9 NoRestaurantsForMe 5
Florida burger joint bans ketchup Sep 6 Kid_Tomorrow 2
And, the winner of the 2014 Tim Hortons Duellin... Sep 4 Taxpayers loosers... 1
Downtown Campbell adds French flavor with la Pa... Sep 4 ochoa 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dining People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••