Catfish Charlie going strong after 27 years

Dec 24, 2007 | Posted by: The South Mississippi Sun Herald | Full story: The South Mississippi Sun Herald

“We're already teaching the grandchildren to sweep the floor”

kbergeron@sunherald.com

Catfish Charlie offers a genuine taste of Mississippi with all-you-care-to-eat fried catfish, Gulf shrimp or chicken. Baked sweet potatoes, country fried dill pickles, turnip greens, homemade desserts and friendly service complete the Mississippi picture.

Outside is a requisite catfish pond, though you won't eat the fish from it, and inside there's rustic wood tables, floors and ceilings and loads of vintage curios.

'Wanted: Catfish Charlie. Notorious for serving the world's best catfish,' declare signs and promotions for the 169-seat restaurant that used to be in the country but now sits amid bustling northward expansion. Read more

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of42
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
denise

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

well get that man , no one needs to beg for anyone < please !!!!!
Christie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
He's so fine I wish he were my man. I have been obsessed with him 14 yrs now. He doesn't know. He's all I want. Please leave my chances alone. I beg u. This is love of my life. Ill get him and make him so happy. I love u charlie. I know u remember me.
Melissa, you have nothing to worry about , you seem a little desperate and chances .??? If you have any sweetie , I'm sure you will get the love of your life. I didn't know this was a dating service????
Christie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

You sound neurotoc
Christie

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Ok this is a blog for a place to eat . Whoever wants to communicate with this " Charlie" find another site. I think it's embarrassing to put ur laundry on table & young lady you sound desperate. Please , don't think anyone cares about ur love life . Just post about expierence at catfish charlies !!!!!! And trust me no one will get I'n your way, you sound very desperate and I don't wanna read anything pertaining to romance.... This is a blog about dining !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Tiffany

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

denise wrote:
well get that man , no one needs to beg for anyone < please !!!!!

PLEASE GET A LIFE , how old are these people?
Stephanie

Baker, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

My lord this Charlie must be a important person . Instead of blogging it, tell him
Amber

Covington, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

I know Charlie. He is not married with kids. I saw him and talked to him about a week ago. He is doing good.
Nikole

Prairieville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Amber wrote:
I know Charlie. He is not married with kids. I saw him and talked to him about a week ago. He is doing good.
Well I'm glad that's great . I guess il will look him up and give him a call . Thanks
Nikki

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

No he doesn't have kids and he isn't married , I tallk to him a few days ago and he is single and doing good.
Hes a great guy so i wish u well
Nokki
melissa

Prairieville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

HEY ILL SET THIS RECORD STRAIGHT!!!
CHARLIE IS NOT MARRIED NOR DOES HE HAVE KIDS & HE IS SINGLE AND DOING GREAT, HE IS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE , JUST LETTING YALL KNOW
THANKS
MISSY COUVILLION
Nikole

Baker, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Omg are you serious.
Bella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

For the record Charlie is one of my best friends . His personal life need not be posted on this nor any website without him knowing , so please get a life and I will make sure he reads your uneducated and improper post
Bella

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
He's so fine I wish he were my man. I have been obsessed with him 14 yrs now. He doesn't know. He's all I want. Please leave my chances alone. I beg u. This is love of my life. Ill get him and make him so happy. I love u charlie. I know u remember me.
I'll tell Charlie when I get to his house ok
Bella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Bella wrote:
<quoted text>.
I'll tell Charlie when I get to his house ok
Ok ladies , he's aware of the posts !
Carly

Saint Martinville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Wow.
I too, knew Charlie...years ago. I lost touch with him and occasionally wondered how he was doing. These comments have proven informative and amusing. I guess Charlie is still the charming, sweet guy I knew back then. I'm happy to hear he's doing well. That's all I ever wanted to know. And just wow at what I'm assuming are grown women...haha. No offense, but this cracked me up.
shoehorn

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

where is this place located
did locals know 4 food

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Amber

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Ok fOR THE RECORD he isnt married and is single. he is doing good ,infact he seems to be just fine
Angel

Baker, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Carly wrote:
Wow.
I too, knew Charlie...years ago. I lost touch with him and occasionally wondered how he was doing. These comments have proven informative and amusing. I guess Charlie is still the charming, sweet guy I knew back then. I'm happy to hear he's doing well. That's all I ever wanted to know. And just wow at what I'm assuming are grown women...haha. No offense, but this cracked me up.
Charming more like smooth talker and sweet lol yea
Nonya

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Charlie isnt married and is single, no kids...
He is an amazing person and a great friend of mine . I think charlie is a fantastic person and im thankful hes my friend ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of42
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••