8th annual Blue Claw Crab Festival showcases Mastic Beach

Aug 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

And she found it sitting at the marina eating crabs at the eighth annual Blue Claw Crab Festival in Mastic Beach.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

How many crabs are served at this festival?
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

Badtothebone wrote:
How many crabs are served at this festival?
None, unless they bought a ticket...
Former MBPOA

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>None, unless they bought a ticket...
LOL....should be the last one. All the MBPOA liar scumbags are all stepping down since the Supreme court judge ruled against the MBPOA and they know they are going to be F-ed. Resigning your post does not mean you are not liable anymore Bob,Maura,Kevin Collins,Vic Viola(real Prick) and so on and so on...
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

Former MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....should be the last one. All the MBPOA liar scumbags are all stepping down since the Supreme court judge ruled against the MBPOA and they know they are going to be F-ed. Resigning your post does not mean you are not liable anymore Bob,Maura,Kevin Collins,Vic Viola(real Prick) and so on and so on...
You seem to be holding back some feelings......Vent!
Nevan Nolitico

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

too bad the village tried to make it inaccessible even to residents by restricting parking on public roads.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

I think it is such a shame that the Village officials have a vendetta against the MBPOA and will do anything to ruin any event that they hold. I can bet you that if the crab festival was a village event people would have been able to park where ever they wanted without being harrassed by CE. This festival has been held for several years without any incidents until the Village got involved. How sad that bygones can't be bygones for the good of the community.
Proud Villager

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

I'm very happy that no EMT's had to get down the roads the last 7 years. The Village did the right thing. It was announced at the Village meeting. To bad people didn't take then serious or maybe the people just can't read. 3 tickets were written and 1 car towed. Next year maybe they will know that they can't just make their own laws.

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

MB Lover wrote:
I think it is such a shame that the Village officials have a vendetta against the MBPOA and will do anything to ruin any event that they hold. I can bet you that if the crab festival was a village event people would have been able to park where ever they wanted without being harrassed by CE. This festival has been held for several years without any incidents until the Village got involved. How sad that bygones can't be bygones for the good of the community.
Look at the Village website. Do you see the huge ad for the crabfest? Vendetta my foot
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

whoopsing wrote:
<quoted text>Look at the Village website. Do you see the huge ad for the crabfest? Vendetta my foot
I actually never look at the Village website since it is rarely updated. However, I stand corrected if the did run the ad on there. Wouldn't it be wonderful if both the Village and the MBPOA could work together to make Mastic Beach the best that it can be?

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

That would be great, as proud villager stated above, we were all notified of the things the Village wanted to do to minimise issues with parking during the crabfest, why did'nt the MBPOA help out to that end? Jeez, what's so hard about parking on only one side of the street so cars can go by ?
act like a real village

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

So if the village was really interested in all of our safety why did they sit in their cars and watch as people parked and blocked the road? How did it make it safer when the people still were allowed by village officials to park on both sides of the street blocking the ambulance/fire access. When you go to a "real" village were there is a festival/function like this the municipality has their Code Enforcement and other workers in orange safety vests, saw horses, orange cones and flags. They actually direct the people where to park and not sit and watch drooling over projected income from issuing tickets. How bush league can you get. Nice way to alienate and confirm the perception that Mastic Beach is filled with DBags.Oh yeah the ambulance and fire trucks were all already at the event and could get out no problem.
whoopsing wrote:
That would be great, as proud villager stated above, we were all notified of the things the Village wanted to do to minimise issues with parking during the crabfest, why did'nt the MBPOA help out to that end? Jeez, what's so hard about parking on only one side of the street so cars can go by ?
ha ha ha

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

Former MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>
liar liar pants on fire
Former MBPOA

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>liar liar pants on fire
First off true, very true...Second while at the festival I heard maura two feet from me blasting SCPD and the Village about the parking and spouted off how she and the MBPOA were going to keep F-ing the village. She Also was laughing that she still hasnt gotten permits for her house extentions and how the village wasnt getting one f-ing dime from her. Call me a liar I was right there. The nasty grey haired witch has a big mouth she should stay in Brooklyn..
Sounds Personal

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

She seemed to be working very hard to me and did a good job promoting Mastic Beach. She was constantly announcing that the Village required people to move their cars if parked illegally. As far as the rest you sure do make up a lot of crap. Who the hell is getting arrested from the MBPOA? And what are the charges? Oh I know being 100% right with the facts about what a village will cost and what they are responsible for doing. That's a chargeable offense LOL.Good luck loser maybe you should worry about paying your mortgage.
Former MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>
First off true, very true...Second while at the festival I heard maura two feet from me blasting SCPD and the Village about the parking and spouted off how she and the MBPOA were going to keep F-ing the village. She Also was laughing that she still hasnt gotten permits for her house extentions and how the village wasnt getting one f-ing dime from her. Call me a liar I was right there. The nasty grey haired witch has a big mouth she should stay in Brooklyn..
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

act like a real village wrote:
So if the village was really interested in all of our safety why did they sit in their cars and watch as people parked and blocked the road? How did it make it safer when the people still were allowed by village officials to park on both sides of the street blocking the ambulance/fire access. When you go to a "real" village were there is a festival/function like this the municipality has their Code Enforcement and other workers in orange safety vests, saw horses, orange cones and flags. They actually direct the people where to park and not sit and watch drooling over projected income from issuing tickets. How bush league can you get. Nice way to alienate and confirm the perception that Mastic Beach is filled with DBags.Oh yeah the ambulance and fire trucks were all already at the event and could get out no problem.<quoted text>
Drooling over the 'revenue' to be raised from a few tickets...you are funny.

The fact that the MBPOA has held this festival for many years without incident is lucky, to say the least. I applaud the village for keeping public safety in mind at such a large gathering of people. I did hear Maura announce on mic that parking is only allowed on one side and you will be towed by the village if you don't comply. It seemed pretty even handed if you ask me.(I know you didn't)
Evan Politico

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

Lotz of Mastoidz gotz crabz Yo!
ha ha ha

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

Former MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>
actually i was calling you a liar about all of those people quitting mbpoa. also calling you a liar about supreme court. this is the first you've mentioned about these other things
Former MBPOA

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>actually i was calling you a liar about all of those people quitting mbpoa. also calling you a liar about supreme court. this is the first you've mentioned about these other things
Supreme court ruling was and is a fact. Why do you think all the MBPOA scumbag thiefs are dropping?? You cant be that stupid...
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

Former MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>
Supreme court ruling was and is a fact. Why do you think all the MBPOA scumbag thiefs are dropping?? You cant be that stupid...
What was the supreme court ruling?
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

MB Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the supreme court ruling?
There are 2 cases in court and both have trial dates set for next month. neither is decided.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trattoria 'A Vucchella opens in Bridgeport 17 min Sol 3
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 39 min Icychalk 7,197
Mooeya s Frozen Yogurt coming to Poolesville th... 2 hr Tom and Jane Heprun 2
Morgan Spurlock documenting wide range of subje... 3 hr Garlanda Goldwin 1
Farmer's Market Vendor in Hot Water Over Stolen... 5 hr TTT 1
Neighborhood news: Spring Creek Village 7 hr Red 1
Fine, Whataburger, We'll Eat the Jalapeno Chedd... 23 hr Elise Gingerich 1
•••
•••