Illegal Front Yard Garden: Canadian Couple's Kitchen Garden Targeted By Authorities

Jul 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Privatopia Papers

Illegal Front Yard Garden: Canadian Couple's Kitchen Garden Targeted By Authorities "Take a look at JosAŠe Landry and Michel Beauchamp's gorgeous front yard kitchen garden in Drummondville, Quebec.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Jayson

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Are you guys SERIOUS? Eating right is prohibitively expensive for a lot of people. I applaud these homeowners for stepping up and using their yard for more than grass and water usage. there's no function to that but to invest in their own garden and share with neighbours? INGENIOUS! As for the council - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING? Who voted you to be city council clowns? This garden is up just for a season then it's done.

Whats next? Banning Xmas decorations on the front yard? That's up for a season as well.

If there is ever a book written called 'How to Lead a City - The Moronic Way' I'll know where to go to buy one. Drummondville.
We WERE Penn State

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Yet if that yard were filled with trees, shrubs, hedges, crab grass, dandelions, clover, and flowers it'd be OK?
Tell city council to GFY. They are only temporary.
What's wrong with people wanting to grow vegetables? If their front yard faces south, it is the prime part of their property to grow.
Sue the local Govt.
We WERE Penn State

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

If it were Yvon Cournoyer, Ivan Lambert, Marcel Dionne, or Patrick Lalime growing veggies in his front yard, there wouldnt be a problem.
DebH

Floyd, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

RE: Front Yard Gardens

To ban any kind of garden, especially an organic vegetable garden, is stupid, obnoxious, moronic, manipulative, invasive, and outrageous. It doesn't matter where it is - in the front yard, on the roof, in containers all over the property. People pay their taxes and should have the right to grow food, flowers, herbs, shrubs, trees, as long as nothing is invasive and problematic for others. Ban junk heaps and unsightly messes, for sure, but to prohibit a property owner from growing food in their own yard is a violation of human rights.
Quebec isn't the only area with total goofball authority figures; they are wreaking havoc in various US towns and cities as well. The worst aspect of it all is that these idiots are paid with TAX DOLLARS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trattoria 'A Vucchella opens in Bridgeport 8 min America Gentleman Samuel 2
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 2 hr Indian roasted clay 7,195
Fine, Whataburger, We'll Eat the Jalapeno Chedd... 12 hr Elise Gingerich 1
Who has the best pizza in Clifton? (Mar '09) 13 hr Matt Cohen 98
Southern Tier Eats: At The Night Kitchen, busin... 15 hr Meryl luster 1
Chick-fil-A wings in new direction after gay flap 23 hr Curteese 258
PM Vows More Support For Vietnam's Fisheries Se... Fri tran 13
•••
•••