Mom Tracks Down Toilet-Tissue Toss Suspects

Full story: Bismarktribune.com

Teenagers who toilet-papered and damaged a home now face felony vandalism charges because of a mother's extraordinary sleuthing.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
liz s

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 31, 2006
 
good for mom - maybe now the other parents can take up the disciplining of the juveniles, before they get worse..seems like these kids have too much time on their hands.
Jinny

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 1, 2006
 
It's a waste of toilet paper. And one heck of a mess to clean up afterwards, instead of being cynnical, some people need to be considerate...the mother demanded justice and she got it!
And the charges are NOT harsh either, which is a good thing!! Unlike that one guy who's looking @ 5-10 years for stealing syrup.
HA!
aiki_mcr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 1, 2006
 
This is one of those pranks which were common in high school that I always thought were out of line. Fellow students were always trying to get me involved in such pranks.

One time. One time they actually talked me into such a prank. Against my better judgement I participated. It cost be a couple hundred bucks and I think I got off easy.

These pranks aren't funny and they potentially damage people's property.

I'm glad this mother tracked these punks down.
Amy

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 1, 2006
 
Jinny wrote:
It's a waste of toilet paper. And one heck of a mess to clean up afterwards, instead of being cynnical, some people need to be considerate...the mother demanded justice and she got it!
And the charges are NOT harsh either, which is a good thing!! Unlike that one guy who's looking @ 5-10 years for stealing syrup.
HA!
our moms use to drive us to boys houses so we could tp.
Jinny

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 1, 2006
 
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
our moms use to drive us to boys houses so we could tp.
tp? toilet papering u mean? lol.
Pauline

Ripley, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 1, 2006
 
liz s wrote:
good for mom - maybe now the other parents can take up the disciplining of the juveniles, before they get worse..seems like these kids have too much time on their hands.
Super Mom to the rescue! Toilet Paper Crime fighter with Justice
and liberty for All! Lesson learned! "DON"T MESS AROUND WITH MOM!
You could get your butts whipped or should I say wiped?
Jinny

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 1, 2006
 
lmao ~ hahaahahahhaha oooook "beware" people.
Amy

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 1, 2006
 
Pauline wrote:
<quoted text>
Super Mom to the rescue! Toilet Paper Crime fighter with Justice
and liberty for All! Lesson learned! "DON"T MESS AROUND WITH MOM!
You could get your butts whipped or should I say wiped?
That's hilarious!!!
JUST NOSY

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 1, 2006
 
I once flattened a boyfriend's (now husband) tire with one of my friends mothers. My friend was too much of a wimp so we just had her drive the getaway car. What fun.
Amy

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 1, 2006
 
JUST NOSY wrote:
I once flattened a boyfriend's (now husband) tire with one of my friends mothers. My friend was too much of a wimp so we just had her drive the getaway car. What fun.
So what did he do for that wrath?
Crock

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 1, 2006
 
Toilet papering is not as serious as the burning bag of dogshit that squirts up on you when you try to stomp it out and sets you on fire and you try to put it out with a jug of water but it's the one your dad stores the gasoline for the lawn mower and you go screaming out into the street and a bus runs over you and explodes. Still, there was a lot of laughter going on up behind a fence.
aiki_mcr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 1, 2006
 
Oh, good. Even more stupid sick pranks. I'm so...um...

...happy.

Yes. That's it. Happy.

A couple of you need to go look up "light minded".
Jinny

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 1, 2006
 
= hilarious Crock...Raaboow!
lol...no really that's a good one!!
JUST NOSY

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 1, 2006
 
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
So what did he do for that wrath?
Well, lets just say that it was bad...very bad. He should have gotton more than a flat tire. That was 16 years ago and I still don't feel like I've completely paid him back (watch out Mcgyver)
StoryM

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 1, 2006
 
Welcome to the land of the free!

These kids could have been at a sex party doing drugs and drinking. Now they face felony charges for TPing? This isn't too harsh? A misdomeanor maybe but not a felony.

We have rapist, murderers, drug dealers, molesters, and more on the streets. Of course the cops were not going to do anything, they have more important things to do than go after some kids pulling an American Traditional prank.

I would perfer my kids to TP someone's house than some of the stuff that they do. My 16 year old just had a baby. I would have bought her the TP myself if it would have kept her from having sex at 15.

She wanted to teach them a lesson about responsibility. I feel sorry for this woman's daughters who will have to face their classmates when school starts. They will go through a lot worse emotional damage than a little toilet paper on their trees. They will learn a lesson all right but it won't be the one that MOM wanted them to learn.
Athiest at Heart

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 2, 2006
 
aiki_mcr wrote:
This is one of those pranks which were common in high school that I always thought were out of line. Fellow students were always trying to get me involved in such pranks.
One time. One time they actually talked me into such a prank. Against my better judgement I participated. It cost be a couple hundred bucks and I think I got off easy.
These pranks aren't funny and they potentially damage people's property.
I'm glad this mother tracked these punks down.
One thing to say... N E R D.
aiki_mcr

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 2, 2006
 
StoryM wrote:
Welcome to the land of the free!
That would include freedom from harassment, right?
StoryM wrote:
These kids could have been at a sex party doing drugs and drinking. Now they face felony charges for TPing? This isn't too harsh? A misdomeanor maybe but not a felony.
Did you miss the part about them damaging property? This wasn't simply TPing the neighbor's house. They tore up landscaping and did actual damage. It's not just a cleanup job, it's a repair job with economic impact.

This kids are criminals, not pranksters.
StoryM wrote:
We have rapist, murderers, drug dealers, molesters, and more on the streets. Of course the cops were not going to do anything, they have more important things to do than go after some kids pulling an American Traditional prank.
The existance of more serious crimes does not, and should not, excuse less serious crimes. This was not an American Traditional Prank, it was vandalism.

As it happens, what you consider an American Tradition I regard as just stupid. It isn't even funny. It's just stupid. And, like a lot of such stupid pranks, it gets out of hand far too often and far too quickly.

It may have started as a prank, it became vandalism.

How do you feel about taggers in your neighborhood?
StoryM wrote:
I would perfer my kids to TP someone's house than some of the stuff that they do. My 16 year old just had a baby. I would have bought her the TP myself if it would have kept her from having sex at 15.
Do you actually think it would have?
StoryM wrote:
She wanted to teach them a lesson about responsibility. I feel sorry for this woman's daughters who will have to face their classmates when school starts. They will go through a lot worse emotional damage than a little toilet paper on their trees. They will learn a lesson all right but it won't be the one that MOM wanted them to learn.
If so, the school officials need a few lessons as well. Not that I would be surprised by a public school tolerating excessive harassment - even bullying. Parents who see this kind of behaviour as okay, even cute, are part of the problem.
aiki_mcr

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 2, 2006
 
Jinny wrote:
no really that's a good one!!
If you happen to be a psychopath.
izhit- madrurz

Bay City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 7, 2006
 
liz s wrote:
good for mom - maybe now the other parents can take up the disciplining of the juveniles, before they get worse..seems like these kids have too much time on their hands.
what was the damage done????? and i think this lady needs to get over herself when its toilet paper. if anything it should have given her the thought of revenge kinda like a game these grown ups dont understand now depending on the damage the TP part is all in good fun.
aiki_mcr

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 7, 2006
 
izhit- madrurz wrote:
<quoted text>
what was the damage done????? and i think this lady needs to get over herself when its toilet paper. if anything it should have given her the thought of revenge kinda like a game these grown ups dont understand now depending on the damage the TP part is all in good fun.
Did you actually read the article? These kids did more than TP the house. They damaged landscaping, etc. This was not a "prank", it was vandalism.

The thought of revenge? You're serious? That's just stupid. As soon as you play that game it becomes a feud. Feuds - even well meaning ones - have a way of getting out of hand. Pranks escalate into vandalism, vandalism escalates into violence and assault.

Don't tell me it doesn't happen. I've seen it many times. It's been documented many times. That's the reason I don't like pranks like this, they start all in fun, meaning well. Too often they spiral out of control and get ugly.

The fun stops when people start getting hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••