Massena considers Boys and Girls Club

Jun 26, 2012 Full story: Your News Now 12

The Boys and Girls Club is a nationwide program, helping children in need find a place where they belong.

Full Story
info needed

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Boys and girls club is perfect for massena. It's great way for kids to find there way in life. THe place teaches you core values about life and challenges. Also keeps kids out of trouble and on the right path. They should of broughten the boys and girls club to massena years ago.
years ago

Saranac Lake, NY

#2 Jun 26, 2012
info needed wrote:
Boys and girls club is perfect for massena. It's great way for kids to find there way in life. THe place teaches you core values about life and challenges. Also keeps kids out of trouble and on the right path. They should of broughten the boys and girls club to massena years ago.
Yeah they should of and they could have taught you it is brought not broughten.
WTF

New Kensington, PA

#3 Jun 27, 2012
info needed wrote:
Sounds like a good job description for their parents and not some club.
idea

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2012
The whole idea of the boys n girls club is to keep the children off the streets when they are not in school. It basically tries to stop kids from trying drugges and alcohol, and instead keeps them active so that hopefully the next generation won't have an average weight of 200lbs. This day n age, most children are either sitting in front of the computer, video game, or even TV. This club gets them up and active!!
idea

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2012
drugs*** and cigerettes too
The Burg

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jun 27, 2012
info needed wrote:
Hope so. After all, it's worked so swimmingly for Ogdensburg. Majority of their youth are not criminals and so well behaved.
whaaa

Ithaca, NY

#7 Jun 27, 2012
there is not boys/girls club ALREADY?? Geez I figured since most every other town has one, we did too. No wonder kids are doing drugs in parks. An organization like this could have prevented a lot of arrests.
B-G Club

Lake Placid, NY

#8 Jun 27, 2012
There is the Akwesasne Boys & Girls Club. It's on Rooseveltown Road in Hogansburg. A few years back, Mr. Richards, the principal of Jefferson, had opened use of the school, in collaboration with the ABGC. For all children that were interested in joining, the ABGC had full use of the gym, the computer room, library, arts & crafts was set up in the cafeteria. Every day after school until 7:00. There was interest in taking advantage of the pool at the high school for field trips. Jefferson was a pilot school, to see if anyone was interested. Since my kids are no longer attending there, I'm not sure if it is still available. But it was well worth it when it was!
Question

Ithaca, NY

#9 Jun 27, 2012
whaaa wrote:
there is not boys/girls club ALREADY?? Geez I figured since most every other town has one, we did too. No wonder kids are doing drugs in parks. An organization like this could have prevented a lot of arrests.
Just like Ovdensburg! Can't always solve problems by throwing money at them. It doesn't work. Ogdensburg is an example of not working.
badbadbad

Ithaca, NY

#10 Jun 27, 2012
well if it is run well,it might be worth a shot.they're gonna spend our tax dollars anyway,might as well try spending it on a boys/girls club.sounds as good an idea as anything else i've heard lately.
J-Co

Ithaca, NY

#11 Jun 28, 2012
Yup we can build it right next to the CROCK center and the AQUARIUM !!!!
inquiry

Ithaca, NY

#12 Jun 28, 2012
Before I moved to Massena,my kids went to a boys &girls club.They loved it.Such a club would be great for kids. It figures,Im moving away and now Massena proposes a Boys & Girls club! Oh well, I hope it works out. Kids need fun things to occupy themselves.Maybe the bullying from the kids will drop down if kids have something good to look forward to. Best wishes for the club and communityl

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court bars kids from Jehovah's Witness activities 4 hr array 60
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 10 hr array 179
Project Rebound Inc. hosts 20th annual Kwanzaa ... 11 hr Will Dockery 1
Solid Rock Church hosts concert for Grammy nomi... 11 hr Will Dockery 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 13 hr Another View 31,514
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 14 hr Lawrence 13
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... 14 hr nobody 7
More from around the web