Nursing, other jobs may face labor shortage in elderly care as baby boomers retire

Aug 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Alabama Live

Students during the Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala., on Friday, May 14, 2010.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2012
CV Compton Shaw

Renton, WA

#1 Aug 21, 2012
I would not recommend nursing as a career to anyone, especially men, unless one or both of the following occur:
1. Men are given "protected" civil rights status in nursing as a profession that has traditionally discrimnated against men in education and employment.
2. A significant and prolonged nursing shortage develops such that the demand for nurses and nurse employment becomes so imperative that discrimination in education and/or employment because of gender is precluded by the same.
Neither is currently the case such that I would suggest that currently licensed nurses, especially men, attempt to find employment outside of nursing and that others refrain from entering nursing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 55 min SAY AGAIN 31,228
Sorensons Ranch School helps when teens make ba... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tabitha 23
Full-day kindergarten impacts Grades 1 & 2 1 hr rooms under const... 2
Ontario's Full-day kindergarten impacts Grades ... 1 hr adult kindergarten 1
Joe Jackson is a no longer a part of the family... 2 hr Pop Tart- 34
Baby Boom or Economy Bust: Stern Warnings About... 3 hr AAA 2
Police reveal sex abuse victims were pre-teen a... 3 hr Figo01 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Family People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••