Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season One - Blu-ray Review

Aug 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Monsters and Critics

Set in the 24th century, the exploits of the U.S.S. Enterprise continue as it explores the universe, seeking new life and new worlds.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Aug 7, 2012

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1 Aug 7, 2012
I'm re-watching Season One of Star Trek: The Next Generation myself, although just on the older DVD collection. I find so far two episodes really shine out of the first handful of episodes... "Haven"

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/06/star-trek-th...

and "The Big Goodbye".

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/06/star-trek-th...

"Haven" made me laugh out loud at least once, which I hardly ever do, and "The Big Goodbye" is just some good homage, both to old "film noir" detective pulps type stuff and a bit of a nod to "A Piece Of The Action".

Overall, I'm finding the first season much better in my opinion than the critics warn of, although so far the new generation of aliens are really badly done... kind of Galaxy Quest bad, it appears.

All in all, pretty classic at 25 years past.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celebrities Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reality series unmasks icky world of online dating 7 hr cheaptart 2
Rosie O'Donnell already causing problems on The... 12 hr jessyblue 2
Taylor Swift 'Shake it Off' director rebuts rac... 13 hr midget 2
General Hospital Spoilers: Fake Luke's Identity... 18 hr amw 4
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) 18 hr marti eton square 4
Kristen Wiig stays classy, signs on to 'Anchorm... (Feb '13) 19 hr Real Estate India 7
Secrets of Mexico's flying snake gods Wed Faith 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Celebrities People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••