Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' personalities Brad Perry, Dan Davis

Mar 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Business Journal

"Good Morning Arizona" personalities Brad Perry and Dan Davis were let go Wednesday by KTVK-TV Channel 3, according to local media sources and individuals close to the station.

Comments
1 - 20 of 616 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 11
First Prev
of 31
Next Last
sandy

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Dan and Brad were a trainwreck. Dan couldn't remember names and insulted guests. First I thought was he was forgetful, then it dawned on me he was rude. Brad was a disaster and overbearing and last but not least, not funny. Tara attacks Scott all to frequent. She should be eliminated also.
Kell

AOL

#2 Mar 13, 2009
Tara needs to go, she's never there anyway. What happened to Sue Breding Wednesday mornings? Thank goodness that Heather Moore is gone. She was horrid! This whole thing is just wrong what BELO did to Dan Davis. Shame on you!
Jen

Lindon, UT

#3 Mar 28, 2009
I think half the staff on there is high on something anyway.
I totally tuned out when they brought Brad on.

The old helicopter pilot Jerry Foster was so obviously stoned at a women's expo I attended years ago I can't believe his employers didn't notice that either.

I hate to see anyone lose their job, but he was pretty nauseating.

“This is the Author? Him?”

Since: Mar 09

St Louis, MO

#4 Mar 28, 2009
Rarely watched it because it just seemed boring. They had a following, but apparently it was fading. Times change, and so do TV personalities, especially guys who have been getting stale for like 27 years or so...
timmy

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Apr 1, 2009
I hate to kick a guy when he's down but NOTHING made me reach for the remote faster than when one of the anchors would toss to Brad, everything about this guy sucked...he was almost always clueless as to what was going on, where he was or what he was supposed to do or who he was talking too. His voice was like a hangover voice and he was never, ever funny, although he tried so very hard. Maybe now I can watch the whole program now. Sorry to say but Brad sucked, so does that Ross guy on sports. He sucks too!!!
AZNEWSsux

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Apr 1, 2009
Three TV, the place with more fluff........the station is a joke.....they're more concerned about what plants to put in your yard, and how to properly roll a burrito than reporting on real news, and when they do cover real news, they get make it laughable to watch...... "Patti", the evening news model is a complete joke.....she can't even put a sentence together without stumbling all over herself..... their coverage of the "news copter" crashes last year, with all the tears and the shots of the flowers in their lobby was pathetic.........these people are in their own demented little world..... news reporting here in Phoenix is a joke to begin with, 3-TV, the place with more "fluff" drags news reporting to an all time low......I especially like it when they make snide comments about another co-worker being off sick or on vacation....these are over-paid children, if the station were to go off the air, it would be no great loss......
ktaz

Scottsdale, AZ

#7 Apr 3, 2009
sandy wrote:
Dan and Brad were a trainwreck. Dan couldn't remember names and insulted guests. First I thought was he was forgetful, then it dawned on me he was rude. Brad was a disaster and overbearing and last but not least, not funny. Tara attacks Scott all to frequent. She should be eliminated also.
THANK GOD BRAD IS GONE....He provided nothing but a horse and pony show...I had the opportunity to meet him a few times and he is a rude, shallow, uneducated fellow that someone spotted in a GAP and thought would be a great addition to the newsroom. Big mistake! Good Riddance!!!!!!!
LanaAZ

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Apr 7, 2009
It's sad that all of you are making these negative comments. If you want to watch serious news, you know you should turn the channel to some other station, I agree. But part of the reason channel 3 has been less serious is because we need that in our day, to just be fun, relaxed and pick on each other, just like family. The reason I loved waking up to channel 3 was because they were/are so laid back and fun with each other. If I want to watch serious local news, I don't even turn to channel 10 because the ladies there look like they are strippers...I turn the channel to 5 or 12.
Fox Viewer

Glendale, AZ

#9 Apr 7, 2009
LanaAZ wrote:
If I want to watch serious local news, I don't even turn to channel 10 because the ladies there look like they are strippers...I turn the channel to 5 or 12.
I'm not sure that they look like strippers but definitely botox junkies, lots of bleach, both on their hair and their teeth...
AZNEWSsux

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Apr 7, 2009
LanaAZ wrote:
It's sad that all of you are making these negative comments. If you want to watch serious news, you know you should turn the channel to some other station, I agree. But part of the reason channel 3 has been less serious is because we need that in our day, to just be fun, relaxed and pick on each other, just like family. The reason I loved waking up to channel 3 was because they were/are so laid back and fun with each other. If I want to watch serious local news, I don't even turn to channel 10 because the ladies there look like they are strippers...I turn the channel to 5 or 12.
Good god, did mommy help you write this? Geez, another AZ bimbo-----yer just who "The Place with More Fluff" caters to.......thank god Ch. 3 is losing market share, maybe they'll go off the air for good......and besides, if you need a retarded station like 3-Tv to wake up with, you need serious mental health help.......good luck finding it but you may be beyond help......the "talent" on 3-TV are nothing but overpaid children with no talent, let alone news-reporting skills.......but why bother you with such details? You just want to have fun! Good luck with your mental health issues......oh ya, and

Have A Nice Day..........
dmzeller

AOL

#11 Apr 8, 2009
How sad,I loved watching 3-tv for Brad...
you got rid of the wrong people Scott needs to go just yesterday he was so rude to Tara, and yet he is still there, Maybe he is related to the person that got rid of Brad that person needs to get the pink slip and get kick out the front door.
You have lost a viewer....it also seams who ever picked the negative comments you have posted on this blog must be the same person who got rid of Brad...Clean house go all the way get rid of Scott.
thehun

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Apr 8, 2009
dmzeller wrote:
How sad,I loved watching 3-tv for Brad...
you got rid of the wrong people Scott needs to go just yesterday he was so rude to Tara, and yet he is still there, Maybe he is related to the person that got rid of Brad that person needs to get the pink slip and get kick out the front door.
You have lost a viewer....it also seams who ever picked the negative comments you have posted on this blog must be the same person who got rid of Brad...Clean house go all the way get rid of Scott.
Like anyone cares? The "Place with more Fluff" needs to just go off the air for good.....but then, of course, where would we learn what new and best plants to put in our yards, or how to roll that perfect burrito? And let's not forget those bimbo make-overs...I saw "Patti" the evening news-model try to put together a sentence the other day....hilarious......but she has nice breasts, and on 3-tv, the "Place with more Fluff", that's all that matters......stupid is as stupid does......
Tiffany

Buckeye, AZ

#13 Apr 9, 2009
Ding dong! Brad is gone! YAAAY! He was the most obnoxious, clueless moron I've ever seen on TV! He always put the mike up by his chin to catch his drool when he went to restaurants. He was like a big dumb slobbering fool who acted drunk half the time and stoned the other half. I might start watching 3 TV more often now that he's dust.

Dan Davis always had a goofy look on his face when the camera turned on him. He had to hold note cards in his hands or he'd forget his own name.

There are new people who are enthusiastic, educated, and more interesting than those fools, so hire them already!
thehun

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Apr 9, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
Ding dong! Brad is gone! YAAAY! He was the most obnoxious, clueless moron I've ever seen on TV! He always put the mike up by his chin to catch his drool when he went to restaurants. He was like a big dumb slobbering fool who acted drunk half the time and stoned the other half. I might start watching 3 TV more often now that he's dust.
Dan Davis always had a goofy look on his face when the camera turned on him. He had to hold note cards in his hands or he'd forget his own name.
There are new people who are enthusiastic, educated, and more interesting than those fools, so hire them already!
Yo, RESPECT!
ktaz

Tempe, AZ

#15 Apr 11, 2009
HMMMM...Lanaaz seems a bit jealous of the fox news girls....They are ok..don't mind them....being a news anchor these days is for the people that couldn't make it in modeling!! Haven't you heard?

“This is the Author? Him?”

Since: Mar 09

St Louis, MO

#16 Apr 12, 2009
Well, in the land of tv journalism, most of the anchor type people are generally good looking...Anybody remember Linda Alvarez? She was around in the '80s for a while, then moved on to LA...Now what's she doing? No idea...
3nomore

Redmond, WA

#17 Apr 13, 2009
You people at channel 3 should have listened to you daddy when he said, never do anything half a--ed ! Do it right the first time. So CLEAN HOUSE,start over from scratch.And Dan, you will be missed by some, and Brad your young enough to still get a job somewhere. Where , I'm not sure, but somewhere. Best of luck to you both.
Bob

AOL

#18 Apr 16, 2009
Glad you got a new set instead of those soft plushy sofas. Was getting tired of all the "crotch" shots that your camera always zoomed in on.
cam

Mesa, AZ

#19 Apr 17, 2009
They should get rid of Bruce Haffners wife Lisa on the show right after GMAZ. She to is horrible.That whole show blows.
faithful viewer no longer

United States

#20 Apr 22, 2009
I've been watching 3 TV for past 16 years. After readng what Belo did to Dan and Brad I will no longer be watching. Interesting how many good news people have been let go since Tara joined. Bad management decision to keep Tara in the morning...and where is Oliva? 3 TV isn't even worth being classifed as a news/media corporation

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min Pearl Jam 305,467
What's your favorite movie of 2014? 42 min Ptaerehsahh 129
2014 Emmy Awards Discussion 1 hr grave digger 154
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 2 hr Here Is One 172
Kardashian girls on phones during VMAs' Michael... 2 hr curious 34
Boy with tumour 'taken' by parents 3 hr Dinie 1
Bon Jovi to sing at NYC Hillary Clinton fundraiser (Jan '09) 3 hr Jons side 39
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000