Say it ain't so: Beatles' mop top Paul McCartney turns 70

Jun 18, 2012 Full story: Salt Lake Tribune 37

Paul McCartney performs at the MusiCares Person of the Year gala in his honor on Friday, Feb.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#1 Jun 18, 2012
paul mccartney-boring people for over 50 years !
Big Boss

Renton, WA

#2 Jun 18, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
paul mccartney-boring people for over 50 years !
Sheik Yerbooger I expected you to make some stupid statement like you usually do.
Rob Tye

Houston, TX

#3 Jun 18, 2012
Right on Paulie.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#4 Jun 18, 2012
Paul is Live!
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#5 Jun 18, 2012
History will be unkind to the Beatles, because they are solely responsible for getting tens of millions of young people hooked on dope... tens of millions of people emotionally stagnant and intellectually ruined.
morons divided

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jun 18, 2012
Why even include the little minded beattles in history all they done is sing yeah yeah yeah for lots of money the fools thrown at their useless laps. Humans are idiots.
morons divided

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jun 18, 2012
There's too much in history include the beattles would only convolute the and add pages to the human anomalies.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#8 Jun 18, 2012
They have helped a lot of individuals to move on in their lives and be something. Not commit suicide and fix their veins with any kind of drug. Music has many powers, depending on what you see in it...If you see them as drug addicts or alcoholics or whatever, it's your problem. If you look at them as talented people who through their art communicate to people uniquely(not only them of course to be fair, alright?)you realise the big point, the real point. Life is living to me, no? So, Rock and Roll has this turbo youthful energy and changes you completely. You can walk to the other side, the bad side drinking and taking drugs "all day and all of the night" so someday you will "take another toke, have a blow for your nose, one more drink will drown you". Yes, Rock has this aspect too but there are people who quit their nasty habits. We all have you know, we all have been sometime in our lives addicts to something. Imagine these people who are famous, stressed by the media, fans, etc in how much pressure they have been into. Sorry for my English.
Benny Hempster

Everett, WA

#9 Jun 18, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
History will be unkind to the Beatles, because they are solely responsible for getting tens of millions of young people hooked on dope... tens of millions of people emotionally stagnant and intellectually ruined.
Yeah right because of the Beatles young people all became herion addicts and alcholics.Your statement is as stupid as saying that because of Michael Jackson millons of people became pedofiles.The Beatles didn't encourage drug use you moron.If people choose to use drugs it was their choice not because the Beatles were around or even if the Beatles smoked pot it didn't mean they forced it on anyone.Ruined is what happened to people who over indulged and would of anyway even if the Beatles never came along fool.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#10 Jun 18, 2012
Greg wrote:
They have helped a lot of individuals to move on in their lives and be something. Not commit suicide and fix their veins with any kind of drug. Music has many powers, depending on what you see in it...If you see them as drug addicts or alcoholics or whatever, it's your problem. If you look at them as talented people who through their art communicate to people uniquely(not only them of course to be fair, alright?)you realise the big point, the real point. Life is living to me, no? So, Rock and Roll has this turbo youthful energy and changes you completely. You can walk to the other side, the bad side drinking and taking drugs "all day and all of the night" so someday you will "take another toke, have a blow for your nose, one more drink will drown you". Yes, Rock has this aspect too but there are people who quit their nasty habits. We all have you know, we all have been sometime in our lives addicts to something. Imagine these people who are famous, stressed by the media, fans, etc in how much pressure they have been into. Sorry for my English.
Greg no need to apologize for your English. You got your point across real well. The person who posted that dumb statement must think because Elvis Presley was a womanizer and ladies man all youth are full of lust and have become rapist because of rock and roll.
Buford Mincer

Everett, WA

#11 Jun 18, 2012
morons divided wrote:
There's too much in history include the beattles would only convolute the and add pages to the human anomalies.
Yep we sure don't want to convolute or constipate or add to human analmalies.beattles must live in Seattles.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Jun 18, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
History will be unkind to the Beatles, because they are solely responsible for getting tens of millions of young people hooked on dope... tens of millions of people emotionally stagnant and intellectually ruined.
Speaking of dope, look in the mirror.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Jun 18, 2012
morons divided wrote:
Why even include the little minded beattles in history all they done is sing yeah yeah yeah for lots of money the fools thrown at their useless laps. Humans are idiots.
Apparently so are house plants. How often do they water you?
Bub

Everett, WA

#14 Jun 18, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of dope, look in the mirror.
Right on Lawrence you tell them.
Bub

Everett, WA

#15 Jun 18, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently so are house plants. How often do they water you?
Lawrence this moron doesn't realize the Beatles worked hard to polish their skills and had to pay their dues in Hamburg in their younger days. They achieved what only other bands dreamed about. People I guess are just plain jealous of how big the Beatles became and we both know you don't get that popular unless you are offering great songs and lyrics yeah yeah yeah.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#16 Jun 19, 2012
The reeking stench of tens of thousands of doped youth writhing in piss soaked mud, enthralled by their latest Beatles' "all you need is love" encouragements to paganism, is all mankind will remember about this motley crew. The Beatles' encouragements to licentiousness and mindless crowds screaming in maniacal surges of emotional idiocy were highlighted by naked John playing puddery and dopiness in bed. This was not music. This was not art. This was not sanity. This was cynical manipulation of very stupid crowds of lost youth being told that self-infatuation and killing the unborn for convenience was the pinnacle of human reason.
Bub

Camano Island, WA

#17 Jun 19, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
The reeking stench of tens of thousands of doped youth writhing in piss soaked mud, enthralled by their latest Beatles' "all you need is love" encouragements to paganism, is all mankind will remember about this motley crew. The Beatles' encouragements to licentiousness and mindless crowds screaming in maniacal surges of emotional idiocy were highlighted by naked John playing puddery and dopiness in bed. This was not music. This was not art. This was not sanity. This was cynical manipulation of very stupid crowds of lost youth being told that self-infatuation and killing the unborn for convenience was the pinnacle of human reason.
That's your opinion filled with garbage and false made up kaka.Your memory is distorded because your brain is short circuited and you post just absolute crap.John protested WAR you fool.Are you in favor of War and killing? Grow up and get a clue.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Jun 19, 2012
Bub wrote:
<quoted text>Lawrence this moron doesn't realize the Beatles worked hard to polish their skills and had to pay their dues in Hamburg in their younger days. They achieved what only other bands dreamed about. People I guess are just plain jealous of how big the Beatles became and we both know you don't get that popular unless you are offering great songs and lyrics yeah yeah yeah.
I have a photo of myself standing in front of Strawberry Field in Liverpool. It brings back memories.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#19 Jun 19, 2012
Bub wrote:
<quoted text>That's your opinion filled with garbage and false made up kaka.Your memory is distorded because your brain is short circuited and you post just absolute crap.John protested WAR you fool.Are you in favor of War and killing? Grow up and get a clue.
The Beatles' elevation of the physical, intellectual and emotional cripple as relevant guides in human culture is destructive to human excellence and progress.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Jun 19, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
The Beatles' elevation of the physical, intellectual and emotional cripple as relevant guides in human culture is destructive to human excellence and progress.
If you are an example of human excellence, I'll take the rejects. Human excellence, my arse!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat Robertson: Televangelist claims gays will '... 35 min Troll Stopper 25
Faith and mike chat room 38 min faith short 270
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 1 hr nOdiOs 1,225
Distinguished pol 1 hr Guess Who 41
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 1 hr Latter Day Taints 9
Jay Z, Russell Simmons Meet With New York Gover... 2 hr no fatties 4 me 14
Comedian Margaret Cho to headline at San Jose I... 4 hr Mikey 5
More from around the web