Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story
Robert

Ewa Beach, HI

#12297 Jul 19, 2012
Ignorant bible thumpers say Mormons are not Christians. Not all of any Christian religion ARE christians which means "Christlike."

Jesus Christ is an individual savior. He does not operate within parameters that we set as we try to interpret the bible. Jesus saves some and leaves others within any and all denominations on earth.

Of course there will be some Mormons in Heaven. To think otherwise is to not have truth.
Robert

Ewa Beach, HI

#12298 Jul 19, 2012
Osirica, we Indians in this nation do not call ourselves "Native Americans." For many generations and probably back to the beginning, we've called ourselves Indians, like it or not.

It was good enough for Great Grandma and it works for me.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#12299 Jul 19, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...are you insane? In the late 1600s and 1700s and into the 1800s the local Christian movement of any village, town and city WAS THE VOICE OF THAT LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Heard of the Salem Witch trials? Hmmm? Who do you think that insanity was authored by? The government? Holy frick get off the ignorant juice dude! Religion didn't run the US government of course. But local powerful ministers of villages/towns and cities were the force behind all politics/laws for 3 centuries! And still is in many ways in our present century!
Good and not so good Christian men made up the soldier regiments for our early American wars and skirmishes. Each regiment had a lay person that told those soldiers what they did they did in the name of God and country. They still teach that saying today! Even Custer who slaughtered natives was a God fearing man and said what he did was for God and justice. The Puritans and other Christian groups thought nothing of killing what they esteemed as dark skinned low minded, filthy, unmoral, heathens called Indians all along the east coast of America and then into the west.
You better go get some history and how Christianity helped settle the Americas through mayhem and murder and get off the ignorant juice...lol.
Do you see me defending their actions? The Bible certainly didn't support such actions, whereas the atrocities of Mormons I point out are based on the teachings of the LDS church. I can show you news reports of Mormons murdering, raping, and stealing also. But I know and understand they are going against the teachings of Mormonism when they do so. Say "ignorant juice" again if it helps.

Marysville, CA

#12300 Jul 19, 2012
Robert wrote:
Ignorant bible thumpers say Mormons are not Christians. Not all of any Christian religion ARE christians which means "Christlike."
Jesus Christ is an individual savior. He does not operate within parameters that we set as we try to interpret the bible. Jesus saves some and leaves others within any and all denominations on earth.
Of course there will be some Mormons in Heaven. To think otherwise is to not have truth.
Mormons reject the grace of Jesus Christ and try to earn their reward in heaven. That is not Christianity in any way, shape, or form. You can't just make it up and then claim it is part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Marysville, CA

#12301 Jul 19, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he did. Do you want proof of that too???
I would, because even you showed that he was willing to let the slave states keep their slaves if they didn't succeed. South Carolina left the Union before he even got into office.

Marysville, CA

#12302 Jul 19, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
What we have here is copied and pasted from Wikipedia. It's the standard propaganda which is taught in the schools today. This is the "Yankee myth" and is propaganda which proves my point. The victors write and record history. Truth is dismantled and squashed.
Een if everything you say is true, if the South wanted to free the slaves or end slavery, there3 was absolutely nothing that could have stopped them. Kind slave holders makes no difference either. A kind warden in charge of a prison doesn't make the prison less of a prison. The black man wasn't invited, he was forced to come here.

"It's better to be in Hell, then to be a black man in Carolina"
Mcgruber

Salt Lake City, UT

#12303 Jul 19, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see me defending their actions? The Bible certainly didn't support such actions, whereas the atrocities of Mormons I point out are based on the teachings of the LDS church. I can show you news reports of Mormons murdering, raping, and stealing also. But I know and understand they are going against the teachings of Mormonism when they do so. Say "ignorant juice" again if it helps.
Atrocities? You truly are an idiot.

Marysville, CA

#12304 Jul 20, 2012
Mcgruber wrote:
<quoted text>
Atrocities? You truly are an idiot.
If you don't know about them, the idiot is you.
HowManyWAYS CanYouBeWrong

Los Angeles, CA

#12305 Jul 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormons reject the grace of Jesus Christ and try to earn their reward in heaven. That is not Christianity in any way, shape, or form. You can't just make it up and then claim it is part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Paul said he saw multiple levels of reward. You say otherwise and are a liar. Latter-Day prophets have seen the same thing: you give each unto him/herself, perfectly as deserved.

Actually you'd give herpes to each person there you'll try to molest.

AFTER ALL WE CAN DO: you can't think, but those who can, think 'SHOW ME THY FAITH WITHOUT THY WORKS, and I WILL SHOW THEE *MY FAITH, W.I.T.H. my WORKS.'

the Sacrifice of Christ saves: but OUT OF JESUS' OWN MOUTH MULTIPLE TIMES are the words he that REPENTS and is baptized.

So you're simply lying for the sake of spreading the molesters' influence to little girls and boys in the Mormon church.
HowManyTIMESCanY ouBeWrong

Los Angeles, CA

#12306 Jul 20, 2012
David wrote:
What you did was you tried to find a defense for southern slavery, as ultimately it is linked to Mormon racism.

<quoted text>
The mormons sided with the N.O.R.T.H. in the civil war, H.I.C.K.

That was SLAVERY ULTIMATELY, CONNECTED to the FIRST PRACTICE we've mentioned knowing of
and that's BLACK PEOPLE practicing the SLAVE TRADE.

So what if people a hundred years ago practiced slavery?

See WHAT YOU FORGOT is that I.T. WAS Y.O.U.R. C.U.L.T.U.R.E. THAT INTRODUCED SLAVERY to the MORMONS.

So blaming the MORMONS for what YOUR OWN CULTURE did, is like me accusing you of being intelligent: which we both know, isn't possible.

You're race bigot trash with the morals of a snake.

I don't think anybody's going to be apologizing to YOU for something that happened to people you DON'T and NEVER KNEW.

Do I call you criminal scum because 80% of the violent crime in the country's done by people of color?
YOU HAVEN'T SEPARATED YOURSELF from BLACKS EVERYWHERE BECAUSE AT ONE TIME BLACKS PRACTICED SLAVERY so YOU'RE SLAVER TRASH.

No wonder you moonbats die from v.d. and overdoses so fast. Just past stupid and unable to stop expressing it.

You rage and rant like common gutter trash, then when *POPPED* NOT SEPARATING YOURSELF from BLACK SLAVER TRASH: who PRACTICE SLAVERY IN AFRICA T.O.D.A.Y.

You'll find another way to race bait.

Because like I said, you're race baiting bigot scum.

Los Angeles, CA

#12307 Jul 20, 2012
INDEED, it was BLACK CULTURE who introduced SLAVERY to the ISRAELITE NATION.

By ENSLAVING THEM.

So how about if I simply refuse to ever do so much as hold a door for a person of color because you're all insideous BLACK SLAVER TRASH.

Oh that's right, AFTER BLACK PEOPLE DIDN'T PICK UP CHRISTIANITY and do much more than bury their records,

WHTE PEOPLE picked up on it and SUDDENLY there's an ELECTRONIC SPACE AGE.

But we need to be thankful to you for what we did.

LoL YOU HICKS BYPASSED CHRISTIANITY and EMBRACED 'THIM WHITEYS IS ALL DEBULs' I.S.L.A.M.

Black culture's famous for: AFRICA and ENSLAVEMET of the tribes of israel.

My mormons - a few of them - practiced slavery and suddenly you're outraged.

You come from a history of being slaver trash than any white person.

BLACK PEOPLE are PRACTICING SLAVERY in form of ISLAM AS WE SPEAK, and ALSO as POLITICAL SLAVES in Africa AND ELSEWHERE.

You race bigots are so fun to bait: the ONLY thing you've GOT is HATE. LoL.

Jesus Christ didn't invent slavery, he made laws for Israel so they could get along with their
black SLAVER TRASH M.A.S.T.E.R.S.

LoL it really is hilarious.
SAINT PAUL SAID FOR SLAVES TO OBEY THEIR MASTERS.

So NOW, you're against Saint Paul. Oh that's right since your black
YOUR PEOPLE PREDOMINATELY PRACTICE

I
S
L
A
M.

So YOU CLAIM that JESUS CHRIST is RACIST SLAVER TRASH.

That SAINT PAUL is SLAVER TRASH for passing on the doctrine from Christ for everyone among his saints, to OBEY the LAW of the LAND.

Let's see. Jesus Christ and Paul

or you and the criminals of the earth, Muslims where the KORAN SAYS CLEARLY, thim WHITEYS is DEVILS.

We managed to get you HICKS using a LIGHT BULB.

So...

Los Angeles, CA

#12308 Jul 20, 2012
"Jesus Christ didn't invent slavery, he made laws for Israel so they could get along with their
black SLAVER TRASH M.A.S.T.E.R.S."

should be

"Jesus Christ didn't invent slavery, he made laws for Israel so they could get along with their
BLACK
SLAVER
TRASH
NEIGHBORS.

Los Angeles, CA

#12309 Jul 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Een if everything you say is true, if the South wanted to free the slaves or end slavery, there3 was absolutely nothing that could have stopped them. Kind slave holders makes no difference either. A kind warden in charge of a prison doesn't make the prison less of a prison. The black man wasn't invited, he was forced to come here.
Jesus Christ inspired Paul to say to slaves,'obey your masters.'

So you're just another agitating AntiChrist Homosexual trying to lever a way to HATE DADDY trans-gender ROBERTSON,

and, get your PAID MOLESTER PRIESTS' hands on ANOTHER GROUP of PEOPLE'S KIDS.

See that's YOUR group who ordains and protects molesters for YEARS while they molest H.U.N.D.R.E.D.S.

You said clearly, YOU'RE ALL ONE GROUP. A group of M.O.L.E.S.T.I.N.G.
H.O.M.O.S.E.X.U.A.L.
P.R.E.D.A.T.O.R.S.

And Jesus Christ said Wo, WO unto those who offend these little ones, who believe after me,"

WHEN YOUR HOMOSEXUAL,
COMMANDED N.O.T. to MARRY
MOLESTER
PIMP-PHILOSOPHERS
molest HUNDREDS

they are offending little ones who came to learn to believe in JESUS CHRIST.

MOLEST HUNDREDS of those little ones who believed upon him

Los Angeles, CA

#12310 Jul 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see me defending their actions?
Yes. You said clearly that you're all on the same team and that you're inspired of God to do the things you do.

All those MOLESTING CATHOLIC PRIESTS:
All those MOLESTING EVANGABILLIES:

IT IS INSPIRED BY GOD, ACCORDING to YOU, because HE DIDN'T SPECIFICALLY COMMAND not to MOLEST HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of children AS LONG as they weren't offended.

Yeah that sounds like the Gospel of trans-gender Robertson pretty well summed up.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12311 Jul 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait,

You mean you can find it on the Internet where anyone can post anything....

Oh that's factual...

Get a life!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#12312 Jul 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I had an African American studies teacher from Kenya ohhhh... back in 1997 and he came here of his own free ambition.... own free will.

Nobody invited him... nobody forced him... so you are wrong about some of your facts Mr. Robertson!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#12313 Jul 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do see you defending their stance... you are not denying that it all happened.

You know who they are and how they got here... therefore, you are supporting them by going against the Church.

In revenge for your father not accepting your homosexuality over "Mormonism".

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#12314 Jul 20, 2012
IGNORANT JUICE!

IGNORANT JUICE!

IGNORANT JUICE!

**** nope it didn't get him out of the miniture landscape architecture structure from in the Attack...

I thought it might but i was wrong... lol

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

#12315 Jul 20, 2012
I even tapped the heels of my shiny red shoes.... and said "I'm not in Kansas..." 3 times... and I'm still here...

and guessing Dana will come back with his same logic. With the hardness of his heart... NEVER waivering... NEVER praying for guidance... the same ol' Dana.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#12316 Jul 20, 2012
Are Mormons Christian? No ..and by the looks of this thread they are all in the Klan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motley Crue say farewell to Syracuse as only ro... 41 min JayBone 1
Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg already cla... 52 min Wendy 3
Pat Robertson Scorns Terminally Ill Woman For P... 1 hr Really 1
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 1 hr Ace75 646
Marvel announces Phase Three of superhero films 2 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1
Please don't visit SeaWorld, Bob Barker asks in... (Jun '11) 2 hr John 141
Scariest Rock Bands of All Time (Jan '09) 3 hr Big mike 104

Entertainment People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE