Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
239,101 - 239,120 of 305,092 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She thinks that reiterating the "third world" inference distances American PLs from the prolife position of PLs of other nationalities. It doesn't. We can see the direction in which these people are trying to force women: 40 years in the past.
I know.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO $75K for a "great" house? Shit, in Baltimore, 75 would barely buy a slum tenement.
She's clueless. Of course, to someone like her, a slum house might seem great.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't happen to have a link to a post of hers which expectorates......er, expounds, that particular opinion, would you?
LOL! Okay, sure we do. I know La has a number of them. Here's one of the first times, and the last was just a week or so ago...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-paul-mn/TJ... #

Post #324 if the link is broken.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you haven't should me any factual statistics that have proven this doesnt happen. The fact is that there is no way to prove either contention with medical privacy laws.
Youre both right AND wrong on this one Kev IMO. As you say, because of HIPAA laws, we can't "prove this doesn't happen", but in many was - due to anecdotal evidence, we can. People that have spoken out on websites like

imnotsorry.net

or

http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/24Weeks/A...

Where women that HAVE had this done dissuss the reasons why (and the doctors and nurses discuss it as well) one CAN reasonablly conclude that women are NOT having LTA's becasue they dont want to be fat or go to a party. Not to mention that the vast majority of doctors are NOT Gosnell's, and wont jepordize their careers for such stupidity.

I can't show you physical evidence that men dont use their penis's to hammer nails either - but based on much LESS evidence than is available to show women dont have LTA's for such frivilous reasons - I can say unequivocally that its not likely MANY men ACTUALLY TRY to hammer nails that way either.

At some point, we HAVE to use common sense to move forward with a given argument. Just sayin'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

1/7/2011--Introduced.
Sanctity of Human Life Act - Declares that:(1) the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human and is the person's paramount and most fundamental right; (2) each human life begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, at which time every human has all legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and (3) Congress, each state, the District of Columbia, and all U.S. territories have the authority to protect all human lives.
Does this language negate the idea that a pregnant woman has bodily autonomy, extending to the right to decline gestation post-fertilization of an ovum, or not?
Sincere answers, please.
Thank-you.
Wasn't a version of this introduced as the Stockman bill back in the mid-90's and defeated too?

If I remember this right, Ron Paul reintroduced this bill (many times and failed many times) along with the We The People bill (also failed) which effectively would not allow anyone to fight the first bill based on religous freedom laws, medical privacy laws and the like.

Its ridiculous. Paul LITERALLY wanted to give a zygote rights and take away all rights from a woman during her pregnancy - based on his Christian faith.

Am I remembering this right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

zef wrote:
<quoted text>Killing the people you place in your womb is not bodily autonomy. Killing the people you place in your womb is a depraved act of tyrrany.
There are no "people" in a woman. Life is not a remake of the movie Fantastic Voyage.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Of course I back her choice. I back ALL the choices:
a) celibacy,
b) abstinence,
c) gestation, followed by raising one's offspring,
d) gestation, followed by relinquishing one's offspring,
and
e) abortion.
I did send a donation to her online fund, back when she gave birth. Since I APPLAUD life, and know that the government should not be responsible for our choices, I decided to contribute personally to the well being of those 14 children. I certainly wouldn't require anyone else to do so, other than Ms Suleman, and the putative father.
So sue me.
Gestation,followed by raising or relinquishing one's offspring? In other words,what? If she can't afford them, she give up her kids? I'm glad you can afford to contribute to her. The kids look healthy and well fed.
No one is requiring anyone to do anything,the women is mentally unstable and needs intensive therapy. I have little doubt she doesn't love her kids. The doctor is a quack. The so called Dad is screwed anyway he goes. All the kids need an attorney.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood testing is generally considered the most accurate method to determine your BAC. Blood testing usually.......***babbling bullshit deleted for irrelevant redundancy******....
Clearly this was a victim of FAS. It comes here every now and again to troll. zeffie is the poster child for "this is your brain with FAS".

This was a PSA. Back to your regularly schedued arguments.

Since: Nov 10

Breckenridge Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>It has been scientifically proven that homosexual tendencies are part of one's DNA in utero.
Do you support abortion if the fetus is gay?
No it hasn't.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you haven't should me any factual statistics that have proven this doesnt happen. The fact is that there is no way to prove either contention with medical privacy laws.
Let's just say that the onus is on YOU to back up your assertion that women get late term abortions because they don't want to be "fat" or it interferes with their social life, not *me*. Suffice it to say that it is such a horrible procedure, and *illegal*, by the way, that my gut tells me that it is not as common as you seem to think it is. And for you to expect the mental health exception to be squashed merely because a handful of women *might* be shallow enough to do what you are describing simply isn't warranted, not at the expense of women who are truly mentally ill, which is likely to be the majority.
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, do people cheat on taxes? And if we removed any penalty for cheating on taxes would that not change the number of people that do? Seriously, the conversation is about establishing guidelines to protect viable potentail human life, as established in R v W, because you suggest this never happens does not give reason to have such guidelines. Show me factual statistics that this never happens, even if you could, that wouldn't mean that guild lines should not be clearly established to protect a viable fetus.
For you to compare a later-term, post-viability abortion to cheating on taxes is absolutely ridiculous. Inasmuch as I am sure there are some women who take abortion lightly, for many, many women it is a serious, heart-wrenching decision. Even moreso when it involves a later-term pregnancy. Absolutely no comparison whatsoever.
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Werent you the one who suggested a doctors verifacation of "mental health" issues? If a woman aborted a viable fetus without legal reason, then she would be punished for violating a law that proscribes it and the penalty would already be outlined in that law. I really dont understand the arguement about how violateing laws would be addressed?
I want to hear how you suggest to *prove* that she violated the law, and what punishment you would inflict upon her. What would you charge her with? Would she serve prison time?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre both right AND wrong on this one Kev IMO. As you say, because of HIPAA laws, we can't "prove this doesn't happen", but in many was - due to anecdotal evidence, we can. People that have spoken out on websites like
imnotsorry.net
or
http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/24Weeks/A...
Where women that HAVE had this done dissuss the reasons why (and the doctors and nurses discuss it as well) one CAN reasonablly conclude that women are NOT having LTA's becasue they dont want to be fat or go to a party. Not to mention that the vast majority of doctors are NOT Gosnell's, and wont jepordize their careers for such stupidity.
I can't show you physical evidence that men dont use their penis's to hammer nails either - but based on much LESS evidence than is available to show women dont have LTA's for such frivilous reasons - I can say unequivocally that its not likely MANY men ACTUALLY TRY to hammer nails that way either.
At some point, we HAVE to use common sense to move forward with a given argument. Just sayin'.
Exactly.
Mike

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

If Republicans think abortion is murder, why do so many of them say abortion in okay in the cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother? That is Romney's stance. Why do they justify what they call murder in those cases? If rape is rape, murder is murder.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""Perhap s you are unaware of the theory that if we were not meant to enjoy and further more indulge in intercourse, the “Lord” would not have made it feel, oh, so, good"""" ""
Having sex with 5 guys must feel "OH,SO,GOOD" too.
Having sex with the hot mailman must feel "OH,SO,GOOD" too.
Smoking crack must feel "OH,SO,GOOD"too or nobody would be doing it.
Dancing on tables while piss drunk must feel "OH,SO,GOOD" too since many women like to do that when drunk.
OR...the "Lord" would not have made it feel "OH,SO,GOOD".
But,just the same...yes,he did make sex feel oh so good because he wanted us to have it in order to procreate. If I have cancer,I'm sure sex will feel just as AWESOME as if I didn't have it,but realistically,I would ABSTAIN for obvious reasons.
You EXPECT to teach young kids,teenagers to stay clean,sexfree if they think drinking,sex,drugs "feel oh so good"? I bet you wouldn't give a damn WHAT it felt like if you were the mom.
Siiiiiit down punk.
I don’t post about who I have sex with, that’s personal, like the choice to terminate a pregnancy. None of your business missy, now stay out of my uterus! I merely posted an observation.
It is wholly the responsibility of parents to teach their children about all the vices that exist in this world. Awareness and instilling these values starts young. Avoid the issue and you let others fill them with nonsense, much like the drivel you spew daily.
And I disagree again, if we were only meant to have sex to procreate, then it wouldn’t feel so delightful. Do you think it a sin to have a romp in the sack for the hell of it? If you truly believed your argument, Ms. Ahmadinejad, then you would disagree with having intercourse for the pleasure and enjoyment it brings, and abstain any time you are not “procreating”. To avoid utter hypocrisy I would hope you are celibate at this point.
The only reason you would throw the drugs and prostitution into your rather lame argument is to yet again change the goal posts. But I’ll happily address these issues. Again, we’ll use the Netherlands as an example of a country that has legalized both, cannabis and prostitution. This country has the lowest drug related crime rates and again I stress the lowest STD/STI rates in all of Europe. Very simple formula, Legalization leads to Legislation leads to Taxation. Let us not forget Missy Poo, right or wrong, Prostitution is one of oldest professions known to man.
I stand firmly by my statements, which you may disagree with, but facts are facts. It's been my pleasure schooling the less educated and misinformed my dear.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t post about who I have sex with, that’s personal, like the choice to terminate a pregnancy. None of your business missy, now stay out of my uterus! I merely posted an observation.
It is wholly the responsibility of parents to teach their children about all the vices that exist in this world. Awareness and instilling these values starts young. Avoid the issue and you let others fill them with nonsense, much like the drivel you spew daily.
And I disagree again, if we were only meant to have sex to procreate, then it wouldn’t feel so delightful. Do you think it a sin to have a romp in the sack for the hell of it? If you truly believed your argument, Ms. Ahmadinejad, then you would disagree with having intercourse for the pleasure and enjoyment it brings, and abstain any time you are not “procreating”. To avoid utter hypocrisy I would hope you are celibate at this point.
The only reason you would throw the drugs and prostitution into your rather lame argument is to yet again change the goal posts. But I’ll happily address these issues. Again, we’ll use the Netherlands as an example of a country that has legalized both, cannabis and prostitution. This country has the lowest drug related crime rates and again I stress the lowest STD/STI rates in all of Europe. Very simple formula, Legalization leads to Legislation leads to Taxation. Let us not forget Missy Poo, right or wrong, Prostitution is one of oldest professions known to man.
I stand firmly by my statements, which you may disagree with, but facts are facts. It's been my pleasure schooling the less educated and misinformed my dear.
Another thing they like to ignore is that in Canada, where they have no restrictions against abortion, abortion rates are lower than they are here.
Kenose

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a while, aren't you PC? So doesnt that discriminate as to which life is more valuable? Or are you suggesting that the life of a "born" insect should deserve more protection than the potentail life of a human fetus? Or do you even know what you are arguing with me about? Steak is from a born cow, eggs are potentail lives of chickens, you seem confused about the two concepts.
I don't affiliate myself with either pro-choice or pro-life. They are silly labels.

"are you suggesting that the life of a "born" insect should deserve more protection than the potentail life of a human fetus?"

Why discriminate? Once you start to label one species as more valuable than others, you open up a can of worms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh? Explain please.
Chance of baby dying(miscarriage) in both scenerios.
Dr's afraid treatment to save this girls life will cause miscarriage.
Really, you don't see the difference between an emergency surgery on a troma patient vs a cemo treatment?

I didn't write the story JM... apparently those doctors had reason for concern, and I could see that being a problem here if the laws were the same...

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Mike wrote:
If Republicans think abortion is murder, why do so many of them say abortion in okay in the cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother? That is Romney's stance. Why do they justify what they call murder in those cases? If rape is rape, murder is murder.
votes.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Well Katie, once again, we can not leave physicians to make our laws, which you often contend, there has to be guidelines for them to follow just as they do in other life and death situations.
Agree. Neither can we leave law makers to determine course of action for the physicians. Physicians already work within legal guidelines. It is already at a good compromise; individual women and their physicians determine course of action within legal guidelines.
To me, this, once again, shows your little regard for the potentail life of the fetus, to say that any State's interest should be secondary to a Doctors discretion, and that they alone, should make a moral decision without societies concerns.
To me, this, once again, shows your willingness to create more restrictions, thereby creating unnecessary hardship during an already stressful time, all while feigning societal concern for a stranger's fetus that you don't even know about nor the true circumstances surrounding any one pregnancy.
That's ridiculous, with all the monetary considerations, and liability considerations, doctors can not be left to act in their own interests without laws to protect the woman as well as they potentail life of the fetus.
??

Why would you even think this? You really believe, "...with all the monetary considerations, and liability considerations, doctors can not be left to act in their own interests without laws to protect the woman as well as they potentail life of the fetus."
Katie, you seem to whine here that I am not depicting your views accurately, I honestly think I have, yes, sometimes I have taken your words to their extreme meaning, but I have always referred to your own quotes. Yet, you constantly compare my stance to PLM, or even NR's, which you honestly know is a lie. Why do you think you can twist someone's words here and not be called on it, or treated in kind? Either quit twisting my words, and stance, or quit whining when I surmise your words, do you get it yet?
Oh my bad.

You've been such a shining display of PC lately. Wanting to overturn Doe v Bolton, create more restrictions for later term abortion, your recurring prioritization of fetus over woman.

What was I thinking anyway?
:|

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
You better get with reality on how to raise a boy. You pagan lesbian types are not great at mothering, especially boys. It is a tough world out there and getting tougher.
You raise him the way you are saying, the kid will be gay
Oh dear, if you are going to try to offend me you really need to put more effort in it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
tomtom, you need a reboot and a reality check, you are outdated, and have been outsourced.
Cheerio lovey.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO, I should apologize to you? I have simply treated you as you have I, yet you dont owe me an apology? Go figure,"Condescending Katie". Again, here I see you compare me to the extremist JM, yet my and her opinions are worlds apart?
What I have argued here is that Doe v Bolton's definition of health, to include "emotional health", could include any situation. This contradicts Roe V Wade's decision that the State has a compelling interest to protect the viable life of the fetus. No one has argued that it doesnt, only that there should be no restrictions for abortion, as you do. I understand your views but I strongly disagree with them, as most people, including PC, do.
It's an apt comparison between you and JM. Am sorry you find it offensive. It wasn't meant to be. I figure it takes time to see things from all perspectives because there are so many layers to these issues. However, your current views, imo, don't neatly line up, yet. And that's not a bad thing. However, you've not taken too well to discussing it, but have gotten almost rabid in your responses to me. And that, too, is comparable with JM.

Am sorry you've taken things wrong, Kevin. Not all people can accept constructive criticisms. It's cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Entertainment Forum right now

Search the Entertainment Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
topix chat room about anything (Jan '08) 10 min Dwayne 441
Blasphemy against Christ is allowed since it is... 1 hr Anon 11
Hardcore Pawn Stars Spotted at The Pawn Company 7 hr customer 4
This time, Obama fundraising is a bit of 'Scandal' 7 hr RustyS 20
Joaquin Phoenix to play Doctor Strange? 8 hr aliya 2
Miley Cyrus's Provocative "Adore You" Video Lea... (Dec '13) 8 hr esmerlin 2
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 9 hr GinaLover 595
•••
•••