Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,984
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#254115 Aug 23, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, if you are going to try to offend me you really need to put more effort in it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tWbLkXhGEmoXX
tomtom, you need a reboot and a reality check, you are outdated, and have been outsourced.
Cheerio lovey.
tomtom is a couple of beers short of a six-pack....
Katie

Seattle, WA

#254116 Aug 23, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't affiliate myself with either pro-choice or pro-life. They are silly labels.
They are silly labels, kenose. Maybe it's more of categorizing thought processes between the groups? There is a certain distinction between the two.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#254117 Aug 23, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Really, so tell me, or better show me, where Katie has ever argued for protection of a viable fetus over the woman's right to personal autonomy. I know you cant, so that would make your take on Katie's stance "strange" and "weird" since they are not based on what she says here. But then again, you are the one who says you dont come here to learn or teach, it's just "entertainment", so why would you care to listen to what someone is saying?
You are not correctly repeating my stance, Kevin. Your opinion of me and my stance is as twisted as you claim my paraphrasing of your stance is. I agree with current restrictions and laws regarding late- and later- term abortion. That's what, "Physicians and their pregnant patients determine the course of necessary actions within the laws" actually means.

You're the one implying and stating outright physicians don't seem to have to follow any guidelines (as if you've painted every OB/GYN with Gosnell's tainted brush).

Location hidden

#254118 Aug 23, 2012
Mike wrote:
If Republicans think abortion is murder, why do so many of them say abortion in okay in the cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother? That is Romney's stance. Why do they justify what they call murder in those cases? If rape is rape, murder is murder.
Not all Rebublicans think that abortion is murder...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#254119 Aug 23, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood testing is generally considered the most accurate method to determine your BAC. Blood testing usually involves the drawing of your blood by a doctor or other qualified medical professional. A breath test with a breathalyzer is the most common type of blood alcohol test performed by law enforcement officials. A breathalyzer measures the alcohol level in your breath from the lungs. Laws regarding drunk driving vary from state to state.
THE SPECTRUM OF FAS PREVENTION APPROACHES
FAS can be prevented if a woman abstains from alcohol consumption at conception and throughout pregnancy. The Committee to Study Fetal Alcohol Syndrome of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences has described an intervention spectrum for FAS that includes three major prevention strategies (Stratton et al. 1996):

Universal prevention of maternal alcohol abuse. These interventions attempt to educate the broad public about the risks of drinking during pregnancy. These universal efforts might be geared toward pregnant women or women of childbearing age and often include public service announcements, billboards, pamphlets in physicians' offices, and media advertisements. The alcohol beverage warning label is an example of a universal intervention that has been extensively studied.

Selective prevention of maternal alcohol abuse. These interventions target women who are at greater risk for having children with FAS or alcohol-related effects-that is, all women of childbearing age who consume alcohol. One example of selective prevention measures is the screening of all pregnant women for their alcohol use, followed by counseling of all drinkers regarding fetal risk or, if warranted, referral to specialized treatment.

Indicated prevention of FAS. These measures are directed at high-risk women, including women who have previously abused alcohol while pregnant or while at risk for conception, or women who drink and have delivered an infant with FAS, ARND, or ARBD. This level of prevention includes alcoholism treatment of pregnant women or women who are likely to become pregnant as well as measures to encourage prevention of pregnancy.
Yes, yes, but what measures do you advocate to PREVENT her from drinking? The methods you've outlined above might DISCOURAGE her from drinking, but how would you physically prevent her from doing so?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#254120 Aug 23, 2012
Right. It is impossible for a woman to give up her rights. One of those rights is to be secure in her person. Another is that of privacy. The woman makes the medical decisions for her own body; no one else has a right to do so.

In pregnancy, the fetus does take over the woman's body; hormonal excretion by the fetus reroutes the woman's system, causing it to deliver a significant portion of the woman's nutrition, oxygen, etc, to the uterine contents.

If there is a right to procreate, there conversely must be a right NOT to procreate.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all human rights are inalienable, which means it is impossible for anyone to give up their rights. What civil rights are you talking about? The right to procreate? Women have the right to procreate as often as they choose. This isn't China. Everyone has the right not to be killed by others. People in the womb are far too immature to be capable of forcing anyone to do anything. And since no one exists untill they are placed in a reprodutive system, no one can force anyone to place them in a reproductive system. No one forces their mother to place them in her womb. Peoples parents and the actions of their parents are what place people in the womb. Again, human rights are inalienable, which means it is impossible for a person to give up their rights.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#254121 Aug 23, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
tomtom is a couple of beers short of a six-pack....
Oh dear, tomtom is incapable of organizing a p!ss up in a brewery.
Thanks for the concern LC, very kind of you. ;-)

Location hidden

#254122 Aug 23, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Men don't get pregnant, women do. Basic biology. Any fertile woman can choose to procreate, which is using her reprodutive system to place a child in her womb. She does this by taking the gametes from males and combining them with the gametes in her reproductive system.
Without sperm, there's no fertilization. Women don't stick those little swimmers up in there all by ourselves. And hey - there've been a couple pregnant men now, so if you want so badly to have control over a pregnancy, get your own.

:)

Location hidden

#254123 Aug 23, 2012
The only way to PREVENT a pregnant woman from driving, (or from drinking and driving, I forget which one you asked about, ZEF) is to take her car keys away from her, lock her up, and put her in restraints until she delivers. Which for some reason strikes me as something from which you would get a great deal of pleasure. Freak.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#254124 Aug 23, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Without sperm, there's no fertilization. Women don't stick those little swimmers up in there all by ourselves. And hey - there've been a couple pregnant men now, so if you want so badly to have control over a pregnancy, get your own.
:)
Giggle, very well put.
Though I have not been here that very long, and Im sure I missed this argument, but what of miraculous conception and divine intervention. We are talking about the same people that use religion as grounds for being pro-life. ;-)
I feel the need to inject a CYA disclaimer here, thIS is merely an observation and does not reflect on the views, beliefs or opinions of LV.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#254125 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254126 Aug 23, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Got busy, and trying to catch up.
Me, clueless, nope.
I have not posted about abuse.
Still not NN.
All the same, glad you are having a nice day!
And because, I really am a nice person, we may have very different views and opinions, I have enjoyed the banter.
Hope you enjoy your evening. ;-)
You made this statement about a YOUNG girl """"I have little time for silly little girls that cry wolf".

You are calling her a liar.

You jumped the band wagon to mock a young girl that you didn't know.

""""I really am a nice person""""

You support killing human life in the womb AND you call young girls liars. You are anti-woman AND anti-life. A nice person?*sigh* no,not really.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254127 Aug 23, 2012
<quoted text>Rebuttal to what?
<quoted text>Yes.
You aborted JUST as I figured. How did I know this already? It is SCREAMED all over your posts.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254128 Aug 23, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The thousands of young women killed here every day with abortion didn't choose to die. Making abortion entirely illegal will save most of them from their senseless deaths at the hands of the brutal tyrants that choose to kill them.
No doubt.

Abortion like divorce,has opened up a can of worms. When you have these "back up plans" set in motion,it makes it THAT much easier to use them.

4,000 abortions EACH day in this country alone
Like 1-3 marriages end in divorce..leading to another marriage and yet another divorce most likely

It's a spiral affect.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254129 Aug 23, 2012
zef wrote:
Nazi persecution, arrests, and deportations were directed against all members of Jewish families, as well as many Gypsy families, without concern for age. Homeless, often orphaned, many children had frequently witnessed the murder of parents, siblings, and relatives. They faced starvation, illness, brutal labor, and other indignities until they were consigned to the gas chambers.
So called camp doctors, especially the notorious Josef Mengele, would torture Jewish children, Gypsy children and many others. "Patients" were put into pressure chambers, tested with drugs, castrated, frozen to death, and exposed to various other traumas.
Dr. Josef Mengele was born on March 16, 1911, the eldest of three sons of Karl and Walburga Mengele. Josef was refined, intelligent and popular in his town. He studied philosophy at Munich and medicine at Frankfurt University. In 1935 his dissertation dealt with racial differences in the structure of the lower jaw.
Mengele was always immaculately prepared for the long-drawn-out rituals of death, the hellish selections which the young SS doctor so regularly attended during his twenty-one months at Auschwitz.
Josef Mengele was the chief provider for the gas chambers and their crematoria."He had a look that said 'I am the power,'" said one survivor. When it was reported that one block was infected with lice, Mengele solved the problem by gassing all the 750 women assigned to it. At the time, Mengele was only 32 years old.
The Angel of Death fed his legend by dramatizing murderous policies, such as his drawing a line on the wall of the children's block between 150 and 156 centimeters (about 5 feet or 5 feet 2 inches) from the floor.Then sending those whose heads could not reach the line to the gas chamber ...
*sigh*

Stone cold humans victimizing the innocents. So disturbing :(

I can't imagine killing anything,let alone humans. WTF is wrong with these people who do? EVERYTHING. Evil. Satanic.

Location hidden

#254130 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>You aborted JUST as I figured. How did I know this already? It is SCREAMED all over your posts.
Again, so what? It's a legal medical procedure, and it saved my life. Afterwards, I went on to have children, which wouldn't have happened if I'd allowed that ectopic pregnancy to kill me - which apparently would have been your preference, from what I've heard in here. If you expect me to be ashamed, remorseful, regretful, or hang my head in abject misery, because I lived to be a mother as a result of the death of an embryo, you're completely out of luck. I would do it again, if I decided it was necessary, as is my right - and yours, as well, whether or not you think you would ever use it.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254131 Aug 23, 2012
<quoted text>Of course I back her choice. I back ALL the choices:
a) celibacy,
b) abstinence,
c) gestation, followed by raising one's offspring,
d) gestation, followed by relinquishing one's offspring,
and
e) abortion.
So far,you are the only one who will admit to backing ALL of her choices. For some SICK reason,you feel very comfortable outright saying it. You aborted,so I guess,who are YOU to tell another that you wouldn't support their choice,right? Honest but disgusting. You support elective abortion up until the baby is out. I suppose that is what being pro-choice is.

I wish that the other "in the dark" proaborts would see how deceiving they are when they can't admit to this.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254132 Aug 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Yet another topic Inkstain is ignorant about. Shocker.
Any non-terminal cancer is not necessisarily a "killer" (prostate is a good example) yet many will have chemo to knock it back. My dad did that a few years back.
Chemo treatments are used for MANY things, not just cancers. My MIL has chemo treatments for a particularly terrible form of arthritis. Chemo is often used for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases for another example.
Cancer spreads foo. There is no basis for assuming that it is "non-terminal" or "not (sic)necessisarily a killer".

What an ignorant claim that it is. You have lymph nodes/glands all over and other organs that can be affected.

Location hidden

#254133 Aug 23, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
So far,you are the only one who will admit to backing ALL of her choices. For some SICK reason,you feel very comfortable outright saying it. You aborted,so I guess,who are YOU to tell another that you wouldn't support their choice,right? Honest but disgusting. You support elective abortion up until the baby is out. I suppose that is what being pro-choice is.
I wish that the other "in the dark" proaborts would see how deceiving they are when they can't admit to this.
Well, I am pretty comfortable with the truth. I see no reason to lie about my stance - and yes, I feel that women should have the right to an abortion as long as that fetus is in utero. As I stated in my first post here, if she's THAT determined not to be a mother, I'd much rather she didn't become one. Please don't expect me to apologize for my lack of hypocrisy in this matter, or any other.

I won't.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254134 Aug 23, 2012
LiT rabbit foo foo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. And you asked what cancer that wasn't life threatening that needed chemo. Prostate (not prostate you moron) cancer is just one example of a cancer that can be treated with chemo that isn't necessarily life threatening. There are others.
Again, your MORONIC question was answered factually.
Why don't you stop playing moron and actually THINK before you post?
Why do you need to be so obtuse and belligerent?

We were talking about treating a pregnant woman with cancer. Most cancers that a woman would have would be life threatening. Prostate cancer isn't one of them, dummy. Again we were discussing woman's cancer. Hope I spelled everything correctly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith and mike chat room 9 min Big mike 286
Why Japan has bet its revival on humanoid robots 1 hr Switches 22
Marijuana fest meant to educate, enlighten (May '10) 4 hr bud 4
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 4 hr nhjeff 439
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 6 hr Lawrence 13
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 6 hr nOgOd 1,235
Distinguished pol 7 hr Guess Who 57
More from around the web