Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 11,956)

Showing posts 239,101 - 239,120 of303,326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Then stop doing it.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Likewise, I'm sure. Never the less. Mindless obedience to tyranny sickens me.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

The GOP's platform denies abortion for the sake of the mother's health.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? You think women in this country are in danger of not be treated with chemo for cancer because they are pregnant?
Who is advocating for that?
C'mom.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Tom for the last time, you will never have my ass, no matter how much you beg.
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they could follow your lead and roll over, take it in the backside and no abortion necessary.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

1/7/2011--Introduced.
Sanctity of Human Life Act - Declares that:(1) the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human and is the person's paramount and most fundamental right; (2) each human life begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, at which time every human has all legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and (3) Congress, each state, the District of Columbia, and all U.S. territories have the authority to protect all human lives.

Does this language negate the idea that a pregnant woman has bodily autonomy, extending to the right to decline gestation post-fertilization of an ovum, or not?

Sincere answers, please.
Thank-you.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What do you support as a method of preventing pregnant women from imbibing alcohol?
What do you support as a method of preventing pregnant women drivers from imbibing in alchohol?
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

1/7/2011--Introduced.
Sanctity of Human Life Act - Declares that:(1) the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human and is the person's paramount and most fundamental right; (2) each human life begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, at which time every human has all legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and (3) Congress, each state, the District of Columbia, and all U.S. territories have the authority to protect all human lives.
Does this language negate the idea that a pregnant woman has bodily autonomy, extending to the right to decline gestation post-fertilization of an ovum, or not?
Sincere answers, please.
Thank-you.
Killing the people you place in your womb is not bodily autonomy. Killing the people you place in your womb is a depraved act of tyrrany.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you support as a method of preventing pregnant women drivers from imbibing in alchohol?
I asked you first.

What method(s) of preventing pregnant women from imbibing alcohol, do you support?

Man up, and answer me, and I shall woman up, and answer you.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Yes, you get the house and the kids, and the ex gets to keep the money and the furniture. Now go and get on with your life.
Finished wrote:
Is it settled yet?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

1) No, not in the case of AGGRESSIVE chemo.

2) No, not wrong at all. Are you suggesting that pregnancy and cancer do NOT weaken the woman?

Yes, many people eschew chemo for other treatments. Many of them die.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You've been proven wrong on this.
2. You've been proven wrong on this.
Ask those who have successfully carried their child to term WHILE receiving chemo.
The only credit thing that you said was that chemo is a poison. It is deadly to people. It's why many women and men go alternative routes to treat and CURE their cancer. My bro in law,Suzanne Somers,Farah Fawcett(although she began that way too late in her cancer stages),etc..
kthanks.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

No, that's just a statistic. You speak volumes; it's called logorrhea.

Sex is good for the body and the mind. Maybe if heteros embraced safe sex and taught their children, you wouldn't have to promote abstinence.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> Abstinence is free. It is drug free. It is safe. It is affective if one educates themself. Don't know of anyone who believes that one should ALWAYS have sex specifically on their fertile days. From what I hear,the men are complaining about their wives not wanting sex so I DON'T think abstinence is a problem for women. LOL
Proaborts have killing(abortion)as a back up alternative. No need to go that EXTRA mile of self-discpline,self-denial in order to prevent pregnancy.
4,000 abortions a DAY in THIS country alone...speaks VOLUMES.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

zef wrote:
<quoted text>Killing the people you place in your womb is not bodily autonomy. Killing the people you place in your womb is a depraved act of tyrrany.
It would appear you have ignored, or forgotten, or are otherwise in purposeful continued ignorance of, basic biology. A pregnant woman does not 'place' a fetus in her womb. If that were the case, why would we need men at all?

It takes two, baby, it takes two.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Chacun a son gout.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% with the rest of your post. What's really disturbing is the false advertising and deception. WHY are we being deceived? WHY are we being poisoned? WHY are the companies being allowed to do this and WHY does the FDA condone this? Y'know?
I also wasn't raised on processed foods. It's such garbage. I fully understand knits idea of eating healthier for less. It is not always true that junk is cheaper. Not in the long run either. Look at todays diet. It consists of junk food-sweet AND salty. Which then means the desire for MORE junk food cravings. It's a cycle and in the end,it DOES end up being more money...AND more eating/snacking.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Really, so tell me, or better show me, where Katie has ever argued for protection of a viable fetus over the woman's right to personal autonomy. I know you cant, so that would make your take on Katie's stance "strange" and "weird" since they are not based on what she says here. But then again, you are the one who says you dont come here to learn or teach, it's just "entertainment", so why would you care to listen to what someone is saying?
Relax, my friend. Katie doesn't share my view on LTAs. There is no need for me to reiterate what she has written, since you have her right here to do that, if she wishes. If you want to have a polite discussion with me about my opinions, just ask. No need to compare someone else with me.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>I got "carried away" in insulting Cpeter a while back, that I admit, but I have just repeated Katie's words and based my arguments on them. If you want to participate in a discussion about abortion with me, I'm all for it, but as far as putting your two cents into someone else's conversation for "strange" reason, wtf is that?
wow. You compared Katie's view on abortion to mine, remember? That certainly gives me the right to comment, if I wish... besides the fact that I have a right to comment on any discussion to anyone, just like you. Damn, why so antagonistic, buddy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> Are you telling a woman what to do? how to think? what to post? If someone wants to air their dirty laundry,then that's THEIR business. Regardless,she didn't air it to YOU. You weren't on when Lynne first aired it. She,btw,did it for a reason. You merely jumped others bandwagons against her. YOU aired your rape on here,your racist comments about yoru grandchildren and YOU have the audacity to call her out? PRICELESS NN.
"""News flash sister, real trauma victims do not talk to total strangers about their abuse""""
Bull. You're clueless.
Why did you then?
"""I have little time for silly little girls that cry wolf"""" "
Thank you for proving my point. YOU are the reason why girls don't report their rapes.
""" having a bad day sister?""" "
Nope. Quite the opposite.
:)
You, madam, are no beacon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

1) We have millions of acts of coitus every day in this country, yet only a fraction are resulting in pregnancy. Something must be working.

2) Preventive medicine has been a key strategy in american healthcare for at least 2 decades. If patients don't take the advice given them by their physicians, then that is their problem.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. we have 4,000 abortions DAILY in this country alone. Doesn't seem like you pro-conception/anti-life folks are practicing what you preach.
Oh,I know I know. It's NOT 100% effective @@
2. Since WHEN does the US "claim" to practice "preventive medicine"? That's a joke.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

And there you have it, the PLM zombie creed.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a proabort. This is disgusting thinking.
I'm not interested in what YOU believe. Didn't you get the memo?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Oh, good god. Do you no how many millions of women have had chemo for breast cancer (with or without surgery) who were killed by neither the cancer nor the chemo?
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
Many chemo treatments OR even alternative care can wait til after baby is born. THAT is the best option "if" possible. The next best would to wait as long as possible during that pregnancy giving the baby better chances.
Chemo is a poison. It does kill you. It kills the good with the bad. It may prolong your life by keeping the cancer at bay(if it CAN do that)but ultimately,you will die from either the cancer or that chemo(with what it does to your body).
Sadly,if mom HAD to receive immediate care,as did this particular woman,then she had no choice. Baby could survive it. Baby could die via miscarriage. It's not a direct attempt to kill baby though. It's not an abortion.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Don't let it happen again, Missy...:)
Correction:
"...120,907 births in this country per year. Alone." should have read "...120,907 births in this country per day..."
My apologies for the incorrect post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't let it happen again, Missy...:)
<quoted text>
Though I can hardly claim infallibility, I shall do my utmost to adhere to thine admonishment....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 239,101 - 239,120 of303,326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Entertainment Forum right now

Search the Entertainment Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NeNe Leakes calls Kenya Moore a bully 39 min tasha 1
Ourworld accounts! (Feb '09) 52 min katy 1,542
White House Ukraine policy upside down 1 hr miki from makedonia 1
Jermaine Jackson Is Upset With Debbie Rowe's Cl... 2 hr Markus Bach 40
Milsap, Wiseman among Country Hall inductees 2 hr Norma Wilorn 1
Ray Romano returns with 'Men of a Certain Age' (Dec '09) 5 hr vicky laster 7
Tom Cruise attends Scientology ceremony 9 hr John 2
•••
•••