PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot

May 31, 2012 Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com 10,818

The season premiere of Gordon Ramsay's "Hell's Kitchen" is June 4, and PETA has a bone to pick with Gordon Ramsay's screaming... sort of.

Full Story
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#1311 Jun 11, 2012
Living Graves

We are the living graves of murdered beasts,
Slaughtered to satisfy our appetites.
We never pause to wonder at our feasts,
If animals, like men, can possibly have rights.
We pray on Sundays that we may have light,
To guide our footsteps on the path we tread.
We’re sick of war, we do not want to fight -
The thought of it now fills our hearts with dread,
And yet – we gorge ourselves upon the dead.

Like carrion crows we live and feed on meat,
Regardless of the suffering and the pain
we cause by doing so, if thus we treat
defenceless animals for sport or gain,
how can we hope in this world to attain,
the PEACE we say we are so anxious for.
We pray for it o’er hecatombs of slain,
to God, while outraging the moral law,
thus cruelty begets its offspring — WAR.

~ George Bernard Shaw (1856~1950)
John

Cobbitty, Australia

#1312 Jun 11, 2012
So, you're quoting George Bernard Shaw.

"After visiting the USSR in 1931 and meeting Joseph Stalin, Shaw became a supporter of the Stalinist USSR."

Yep, the man's a genius. LOL.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#1313 Jun 12, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>No, I will never understand how someone can claim to 'love' animals when they snuff the life from them. You need to accept this and you are never going to convince me or anyone who has genuine respect for animals.
Of course all being dies inevitably. That does not justify killing and it never will. The greatest hope for non human animals may very well be human extinction if more people don't wake up and realize how their food choices impact EVERYONE.
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm simply stating what is. I did not create the natural order of life nor can I change it but I do understand it.

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#1314 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text>Wrong. Matter of fact hunters are not supposed to kill the weak, sickly animals, therefore those animals will suffer and die in agony and so will the countless animals who will suffer and die in agony because of hunters lousy aim. Only the strong survive means nothing when hunters are hiding in trees luring their victims to the bait they set out. Hunters set up feeding stations to fatten up their victims, hardly making their LIE that the deer will starve if they don't kill them believable.
Nature can regulate their own numbers and humans are only effing up the numbers and destroying ecosystems.
Also, hunters have NOTHING to do with what happens in the wild among the real predators and their prey. You have fallen for the lies and propaganda that hunters and the hunting industry have fed you.
You are not entirely accurate.
Ppl are living in areas that used to be wild land.
The movement of humans into the land that was once
theirs has been the causative factor in animals
starving.
And hunters do not aim to wound they shoot to kill.
I don't know of one hunter who tries to "maim" an
animal.
In WV the deer have only one natural predator....
that I can think of off the top of my head and that
one predator is not able to thin the herds enough
to prevent sickness and starving. Because whether
you realize it or not hunting makes the herds stronger
and healthier.

Powellton WV

#1315 Jun 12, 2012
And yes, whether you believe this or not
doesn't matter because it's true, men do
factor in when it comes to "the wild."

What do you think ancient man ate? lol
They have always hunted for food. Just
because they are better at it now than they
were a million yrs ago means nothing.

As long as they follow the rules the DNR
(Department of National Resources) lays
down then it's all good.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#1316 Jun 12, 2012
arctic wrote:
And yes, whether you believe this or not
doesn't matter because it's true, men do
factor in when it comes to "the wild."
What do you think ancient man ate? lol
They have always hunted for food. Just
because they are better at it now than they
were a million yrs ago means nothing.
As long as they follow the rules the DNR
(Department of National Resources) lays
down then it's all good.
It's not "all good" to the animal rights kool-aid drinkers who are attempting to rewrite the evolution of humankind.

Powellton WV

#1317 Jun 12, 2012
hiss of death wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "all good" to the animal rights kool-aid drinkers who are attempting to rewrite the evolution of humankind.
Yeah I get that.

Point is certain animals are a food source.
My thing is this....you don't have to torture
them to kill them.

Ppl who mistreat domestic animals should have
to face stiff penalties.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

#1318 Jun 12, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I get that.
Point is certain animals are a food source.
My thing is this....you don't have to torture
them to kill them.
Ppl who mistreat domestic animals should have
to face stiff penalties.
Agreed.
Rotten Rodger

Boise, ID

#1319 Jun 12, 2012
Christmas Hunter wrote:
You have to understand the humiliation that she has suffered for her cause.
“Something just went wrong,” said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest.“Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”
http://glossynews.com/society/201001070305/ac...
Police where alerted to the scene after several passersby reported seeing a large AR Baboon by the name of Lumpy foaming at the mouth & throwing feces from inside it's cage......
Ozzie Guillen

Chicago, IL

#1320 Jun 12, 2012
My new girlfriend is a vegan. She don't like meat but she sure likes the bone.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#1321 Jun 12, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not entirely accurate.
Ppl are living in areas that used to be wild land.
The movement of humans into the land that was once
theirs has been the causative factor in animals
starving.
And hunters do not aim to wound they shoot to kill.
I don't know of one hunter who tries to "maim" an
animal.
In WV the deer have only one natural predator....
that I can think of off the top of my head and that
one predator is not able to thin the herds enough
to prevent sickness and starving. Because whether
you realize it or not hunting makes the herds stronger
and healthier.
Nor are you accurate. I don't care what hunters "aim" to do, the FACT is that countless animals are wounded by hunters and left to suffer in agony for hours, days, weeks or and/or are left crippled for whatever time left they have. I know there are many 'hunter' who don't give a dam' and they even make 'snuff' videos of the maiming and suffering they cause animals as the hunters hoot, holler and laugh while the animal suffers before their eyes. Hunters are their own worst enemy and their snuff films are being seen everywhere---especially on youtube.

Hunting does NOTHING but assure that there will will plenty more live 'targets' to maim, mutilate and murder year after year and year. It;s referred to as Compensatory Rebound Effect http://defendurbanwildlife.org/news/Compensat...

You claim that hunting "makes the herds stronger
and healthier"??? There is NOTHING sane , sensible or logical is mass murdering the healthiest, fittest strongest animals and THAT is what hunters strive to do. They don't kill the scrawny, weak, sickly deer like NATURAL predators do to keep herds in check, There is NOTHING rational or ethical in killing healthy animals. I don't care what propaganda and lies you have been fed by hunters or hunting organizations, it only takes simple common sense to realize that hunting is a sham. Hunting is a multi BILLION dollar industry and the number one concern is making money. Less than 7% of the U.S. are licensed hunters and those numbers are declining. The majority are learning the TRUTH behind the hunting sham and I will continue to help inform people. There is no reason to hunt and there is no reason to eat animal corpses. Humans do not need to eat animal corpses and there are millions of people who are living proof of this.
WhiteDevil

Cocoa Beach, FL

#1322 Jun 12, 2012
I ate at the chinese buffet again today!....with all the meat on that buffet how can one be sure it's what the little signs say it is......beef.....chicken....po rk.....etc......it could really be dog or cat or panda......you never know........it was good though......going back tomorrow!
WhiteDevil

Cocoa Beach, FL

#1323 Jun 12, 2012
I'm a poacher....I only kill for food though......I don't need no stinkin liscencs......no offence intended Squach.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#1324 Jun 12, 2012
WhiteDevil wrote:
I'm a poacher....I only kill for food though......I don't need no stinkin liscencs......no offence intended Squach.
Hey Squach,^^THIS^^ is exactly the kind of scumbags that were prevalent where I lived for many years. Pieces of sh#t like him are also the kind who make repulsive 'snuff' films and broadcast them on youtube. You can thank this scumbag for being your own worst enemy as well as all the despicable asses who troll the Animal Rights forums 24/7 proving what socially inept repulsive slobs they are.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#1325 Jun 12, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm simply stating what is. I did not create the natural order of life nor can I change it but I do understand it.
The "natural order of life" does not mean to kill and use any and every non human sentient being that we wish---ESPECIALLY when there are countless non animal options. There is nothing natural about killing the fittest, strongest, healthiest animals. REAL predators typically kill the weaker, feeble, sickly prey and you know this.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#1326 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text>The "natural order of life" does not mean to kill and use any and every non human sentient being that we wish---ESPECIALLY when there are countless non animal options. There is nothing natural about killing the fittest, strongest, healthiest animals. REAL predators typically kill the weaker, feeble, sickly prey and you know this.
I take the first legal deer that I have a shot at. I don't wait for the strongest or the fittest. Actually I prefer mature does. I don't hunt for trophies, I don't hunt predators, and I don't hunt for sport. I hunt for food. I only hunt what I eat, deer, rabbit, and some squirrel. That's far from every animal I can kill. You keep telling me that there are non-animal "options"......anoth er word for choices. I do not choose the same path as you. That doesn't make either one of us wrong, it makes us individuals with choices. I don't see anything wrong with either choice. If anything, my choice is shared by many, many more humans than yours is. Does that make your choice wrong? I don't think so. I only know it is not the choice for me. You still haven't addressed my question about other omnivorous primates making tools to hunt and eat other animals. Is that natural? They were not taught to do this by man. Yet that is exactly what man does.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Double Lung em

#1327 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text> It;s referred to as Compensatory Rebound Effect
Yes, that's what happens to me when I read your posts but most folks just call it vomiting.
<quoted text> The majority are learning the TRUTH behind the hunting sham and I will continue to help inform people.
Translation: I am prepared to lie my ass off if even one sucker will listen.
<quoted text> There is no reason to hunt and there is no reason to eat animal corpses. Humans do not need to eat animal corpses and there are millions of people who are living proof of this.
But there are billions of people who eat meat and who disagree with you. Vegans are grossly outnumbered.
WhiteDevil

Cocoa Beach, FL

#1328 Jun 12, 2012
WhiteDevil wrote:
just kidding!
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#1329 Jun 12, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I take the first legal deer that I have a shot at. I don't wait for the strongest or the fittest. Actually I prefer mature does. I don't hunt for trophies, I don't hunt predators, and I don't hunt for sport. I hunt for food. I only hunt what I eat, deer, rabbit, and some squirrel. That's far from every animal I can kill. You keep telling me that there are non-animal "options"......anoth er word for choices. I do not choose the same path as you. That doesn't make either one of us wrong, it makes us individuals with choices. I don't see anything wrong with either choice. If anything, my choice is shared by many, many more humans than yours is. Does that make your choice wrong? I don't think so. I only know it is not the choice for me. You still haven't addressed my question about other omnivorous primates making tools to hunt and eat other animals. Is that natural? They were not taught to do this by man. Yet that is exactly what man does.
Yes it's another word for 'choices' and your choices involve causing deliberate harm and death to other beings, mine do not. When your or anyone else's choices are causing other beings to suffer and die, then you can be sure that I will continue to speak out against it. It's not just a matter of trivial choices like what football team is the best or what car is the sportiest, these are choices that cause deliberate harm and death and people like me will never condone any activity that causes harm and death to innocent beings. You just need to accept that. These are after all the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums and typically it is geared towards the people who fight to protect ALL animals, because all animals lives matter.

What other animals do has NOTHING to do with what humans choose to do. I find it almost amusing that many humans like to think they are 'superior' to all other animals, yet it seems they want to try and justify what they (humans) do by equating themselves to primates and what they do. We not only have a choice, but we have the capability of using reason as well as empathy and compassion. The thought of seeing a deer, a rabbit, a squirrel and then shooting them and watching them die moments after they were simply LIVING their lives makes me sick. I watch squirrels and rabbits in my yard and they bring peace to my heart and make me smile. I can't imagine being so heartless as to see such beauty and joyfulness and then take aim and blast the life from these incredible little beings. I am glad that I have grown to have genuine compassion, empathy and respect for animals and I will fight against all animal cruelty as long as I am on this Earth.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#1330 Jun 12, 2012
WhiteDevil wrote:
<quoted text>just kidding!
LIAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith and mike chat room 28 min Big mike 335
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 307,057
Read comics online all freee 4 hr tomjohn 1
Why Japan has bet its revival on humanoid robots 7 hr Switches 25
Cosby not finding support in black community 9 hr LLL 2
Pat Robertson: 'Racial Agitators' Need To 'Cool... 10 hr cnacer suxs 6
Creep of the Week: Pat Robertson 11 hr Give it a rest 13
More from around the web