PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Silent Scream' Ad Spot

May 31, 2012 Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com 10,818

The season premiere of Gordon Ramsay's "Hell's Kitchen" is June 4, and PETA has a bone to pick with Gordon Ramsay's screaming... sort of.

Full Story

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#6435 Aug 22, 2012
Who cares about the health benefits of either vegan or non-vegan diets? Life isn't solely about self denial. Animals taste good. They don't have rights or souls or anything metaphysical about them. I eat them because I like eating them.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#6436 Aug 22, 2012
John wrote:
Stupid Vegans (Part 2)
By Dr. Melissa Clouthier
It serves no purpose to pretend that veganism is a healthy lifestyle choice. It's not. Eventually, the stores of vitamin B12 in their livers will be depleted and they'll descend into madness. More madness. I'm only slightly exaggerating. In addition to the B12 problem, they'll have problems with folate, too.(Another B vitamin.) It is important to supplement with both, when supplementing with one. A pregnant or nursing woman should never adhere to a vegan diet.
When a patient says she is a vegan, I ask if it's for health or philosophical reasons. If it's health, we go through the science and end the nonsense. If it's philosophical, I don't even bother. I recommend the supplementation, ask the patient to look at the research, and hope for the best.
A friend of a friend came to a birthday party with her waifish two year old. She was a hostile little girl who was clearly malnourished.(I'd be irritable, too, if I was hungry and lacking nutrients.) There was no convincing this woman to add protein to her child's diet. Her husband, an executive for Exxon, caused her no end of mortification. "What can I do? He works for an oil company," she explained when I commented that their lifestyle was owed to a big American business. Anyway, she was starving her children once weaned from breastfeeding.
Nina Planck writes about parents starving their children with veganism in her "Death by Veganism" op-ed in The New York Times:
Responsible vegan parents know that breast milk is ideal. It contains many necessary components, including cholesterol (which babies use to make nerve cells) and countless immune and growth factors. When breastfeeding isnít possible, soy milk and fruit juice, even in seemingly sufficient quantities, are not safe substitutes for a quality infant formula.
Yet even a breast-fed baby is at risk. Studies show that vegan breast milk lacks enough docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, the omega-3 fat found in fatty fish. It is difficult to overstate the importance of DHA, vital as it is for eye and brain development.
A good diet is simple, really, and most people know the answer. Fresh fruits, lots of them, vegetables, and some meat. At least nine ounces of red meat a week, is a good goal to shoot for. Eggs, cheese, light on the sugar, moderate on the alcohol and good fats. Babies need breast milk. After that, they need a balanced diet including protein.
I don't know what to think of the life sentences for the parents who starved their baby. I'm assuming it was from ignorance. While I'm happy that the sentence gets them beyond their child-bearing years, I'm not sure they fall into the same category as cold-blooded murderers. But the mother said that she loved her son and, "I did not starve him." Well, she clearly starved him. At six weeks old, he died being only 3 and 1/2 pounds. And that's a crime.
Very interesting reading. I guess this is part of the explanation of why there has never been a successful vegan society in the history of mankind.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#6437 Aug 22, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting reading. I guess this is part of the explanation of why there has never been a successful vegan society in the history of mankind.
It also explains the lunacy of HAC.

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#6438 Aug 22, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting reading. I guess this is part of the explanation of why there has never been a successful vegan society in the history of mankind.
Probably that, and they all had strokes from yelling and arguing with each other.

How many vegans have you seen get along on this site over the years?

They always inevitably end up attacking each other the same as they do at the rest of society.

KEEP OUT

#6439 Aug 22, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
Who cares about the health benefits of either vegan or non-vegan diets? Life isn't solely about self denial. Animals taste good. They don't have rights or souls or anything metaphysical about them. I eat them because I like eating them.
The most prevalent and successful "healthy" diets include meat. Always have and always will.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy asparagus with my pork chops.:)

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#6440 Aug 22, 2012
Ya just can't eat a bowl of brussel sprouts without some butter and expect em to not wad up at the tunnel..!

KEEP OUT

#6441 Aug 22, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
It also explains the lunacy of HAC.
I'm convinced that Chim Chims mental instability began with early childhood development. She seems to have attached herself to the animal rights cause as a vehicle for her severe inability to cope with adults or persons she feels that are superior to her. It gives her a vehicle in which to lash out.

I also believe the vegan diet has exasperated her mental illness by shrinking her brain.

In my opinion,
She's just freakin nuts.

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#6442 Aug 22, 2012
Christmas Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>I'm convinced that Chim Chims mental instability began with early childhood development. She seems to have attached herself to the animal rights cause as a vehicle for her severe inability to cope with adults or persons she feels that are superior to her. It gives her a vehicle in which to lash out.
I also believe the vegan diet has exasperated her mental illness by shrinking her brain.
In my opinion,
She's just freakin nuts.
And it does keep proving that it loves to beat a dead horse..!...just sayin'

Boggy Creek

#6443 Aug 22, 2012
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
And it does keep proving that it loves to beat a dead horse..!...just sayin'
Well, if the horse is already dead, is that animal cruelty? Corpse use of a vegan kind? Or the manifestation of a severely repressed desire for meat? Who killed the horse in the first place anyway? LMAO!

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#6444 Aug 22, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if the horse is already dead, is that animal cruelty? Corpse use of a vegan kind? Or the manifestation of a severely repressed desire for meat? Who killed the horse in the first place anyway? LMAO!
Roy Rogers dragged his horse from show to show sayin'.."Someone had to pull that Trigger..!"...lol

Ohhh ...we need tunes..!

Boggy Creek

#6445 Aug 22, 2012
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Roy Rogers dragged his horse from show to show sayin'.."Someone had to pull that Trigger..!"...lol
Ohhh ...we need tunes..!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nFF8bubMc40XX
LMAO!
such stupid corpse eaters

Virginia Beach, VA

#6446 Aug 22, 2012
John wrote:
Stupid CORPSE EATERS COPY/PASTE STUPID TRASH THAT THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT and here is the perfect example of that STUPIDITY:
By Dr. Melissa Clouthier
It serves no purpose to pretend that veganism is a healthy lifestyle choice. It's not. Eventually, the stores of vitamin B12 in their livers will be depleted and they'll descend into madness. More madness. I'm only slightly exaggerating. In addition to the B12 problem, they'll have problems with folate, too.(Another B vitamin.) It is important to supplement with both, when supplementing with one. A pregnant or nursing woman should never adhere to a vegan diet.
When a patient says she is a vegan, I ask if it's for health or philosophical reasons. If it's health, we go through the science and end the nonsense. If it's philosophical, I don't even bother. I recommend the supplementation, ask the patient to look at the research, and hope for the best.
A friend of a friend came to a birthday party with her waifish two year old. She was a hostile little girl who was clearly malnourished.(I'd be irritable, too, if I was hungry and lacking nutrients.) There was no convincing this woman to add protein to her child's diet. Her husband, an executive for Exxon, caused her no end of mortification. "What can I do? He works for an oil company," she explained when I commented that their lifestyle was owed to a big American business. Anyway, she was starving her children once weaned from breastfeeding.
Nina Planck writes about parents starving their children with veganism in her "Death by Veganism" op-ed in The New York Times:
Responsible vegan parents know that breast milk is ideal. It contains many necessary components, including cholesterol (which babies use to make nerve cells) and countless immune and growth factors. When breastfeeding isnít possible, soy milk and fruit juice, even in seemingly sufficient quantities, are not safe substitutes for a quality infant formula.
Yet even a breast-fed baby is at risk. Studies show that vegan breast milk lacks enough docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, the omega-3 fat found in fatty fish. It is difficult to overstate the importance of DHA, vital as it is for eye and brain development.
A good diet is simple, really, and most people know the answer. Fresh fruits, lots of them, vegetables, and some meat. At least nine ounces of red meat a week, is a good goal to shoot for. Eggs, cheese, light on the sugar, moderate on the alcohol and good fats.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....you are such an insecure, stupid, corpse eating coward!!! Any INTELLIGENT reader can see all of the BS in this entire idiotic rant from an ignorant corpse eater.

THOUSANDS of corpse eating parents are charged with CHILD ABUSE, CHILD NEGLECT and MURDER. You idiots will use the ONE case that had NOTHING to do with being VEGAN and EVERYTHING to do with NEGLECT and IGNORANCE like EVERY case when parents NEGLECT their children.
You know NOTHING about being VEGAN and you know NOTHING about B12 deficiency. The FACT is that the MAJORITY of people with B12 deficiency are CORPSE EATERS like you. B12 deficiency has far less to do with diet and EVERYTHING to do with the ability to ABSORB B12.You know NOTHING about it.
You are too damn stupid to know ANY of these things and you are too INSECURE and cowardly to grasp what an ass you keep making of yourself.

Being a healthy, thriving VEGAN takes INTELLIGENCE, COMPASSION, EMPATHY and plain old common sense. You have NONE of these qualities and that's why you keep proving what an insecure, witless coward you are and always will be. Get lost and quit wasting space with your blatant ignorance.

Virginia Beach, VA

#6447 Aug 22, 2012
COWARDLY IMPOTENT SELF HUMILIATING loser Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>I'm convinced that my mental instability began with early childhood development. I seem to have attached myself to the impotent cowardly scumbag cause as a vehicle for my severe inability to cope with adults or persons i feel that are superior to me. It gives me a vehicle in which to lash out.
I also believe the corpse diet has exasperated my mental illness by shrinking my brain AND my teeny weeny!.
In my opinion,
I'm just freakin nuts.
Good for you chimchim...you are admitting the TRUTH.
The best part is you STILL have NO IDEA what's going on!!!LOL!!

Virginia Beach, VA

#6448 Aug 22, 2012
Hey trolls, be sure to have another fun filled day of self humiliation!!!

Boggy Creek

#6449 Aug 22, 2012
such stupid corpse eaters wrote:
<quoted text>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....yo u are such an insecure, stupid, corpse eating coward!!! Any INTELLIGENT reader can see all of the BS in this entire idiotic rant from an ignorant corpse eater.
THOUSANDS of corpse eating parents are charged with CHILD ABUSE, CHILD NEGLECT and MURDER. You idiots will use the ONE case that had NOTHING to do with being VEGAN and EVERYTHING to do with NEGLECT and IGNORANCE like EVERY case when parents NEGLECT their children.
You know NOTHING about being VEGAN and you know NOTHING about B12 deficiency. The FACT is that the MAJORITY of people with B12 deficiency are CORPSE EATERS like you. B12 deficiency has far less to do with diet and EVERYTHING to do with the ability to ABSORB B12.You know NOTHING about it.
You are too damn stupid to know ANY of these things and you are too INSECURE and cowardly to grasp what an ass you keep making of yourself.
Being a healthy, thriving VEGAN takes INTELLIGENCE, COMPASSION, EMPATHY and plain old common sense. You have NONE of these qualities and that's why you keep proving what an insecure, witless coward you are and always will be. Get lost and quit wasting space with your blatant ignorance.
So you think that the fact that meat eating parents are charged with child abuse/neglect somehow justifies vegan child abuse/neglect? When it becomes obvious that the vegan diet is not supporting healthy development in a child the parents must make adjustments. If they do not....it's a negligent crime.....according to our laws......just the same as a meat eating parent not supplying the proper nourishment to a child.

KEEP OUT

#6450 Aug 22, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>So you think that the fact that meat eating parents are charged with child abuse/neglect somehow justifies vegan child abuse/neglect? When it becomes obvious that the vegan diet is not supporting healthy development in a child the parents must make adjustments. If they do not....it's a negligent crime.....according to our laws......just the same as a meat eating parent not supplying the proper nourishment to a child.
In Chim Chims mind, if the child doesn't thrive on the vegan diet, then it must not have been evolved and enlightened. Therefore, was of no use the animal rights society to begin with.

How many times have we seen her post and celebrate the deaths of meat eating children?

It may just be me, but she seems pretty transparent on this issue.
Bobby Flay

Buffalo, NY

#6451 Aug 22, 2012
...who wants to try our southwest BLT it's made from real thick BACON ... and fresh HAM...
hunters are FABULUOS

San Angelo, TX

#6452 Aug 22, 2012
Such stupid corpse eaters wrote:
once again, for the sensible, intelligent, caring readers who seek more information in relation to the topic:
http://www.nbsmokehouse.com/Item/Browse...

I can personally attest that this place has top notch meats.
hunters are FABULUOS

San Angelo, TX

#6453 Aug 22, 2012
such a stupid LUMPY eater wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you chimchim...you are admitting the TRUTH.
The best part is you STILL have NO IDEA what's going on!!!LOL!!
Just love it when you call out your alter-ego for a good tongue lashing !
Meat eater

Bexley, UK

#6454 Aug 22, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
They don't have rights or souls
All animals have a soul, both human and non human.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to detail his executive action on immigra... 1 hr barefoot2626 103
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Waymond Wiley 306,565
The 8 Greatest Music Power Couples That Don't E... 4 hr gdud 1
Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) 7 hr hornback12 1,184
The Kardashians aren't just trashy. They're dan... 10 hr Big mike 58
As Bill Cosby scandal unfolds, Britain is still... 11 hr i12bme 8
Despite rape allegations, Bill Cosby receives r... 12 hr cliff hux 1
Two country singers come out: Herndon, Gilman Sat lgbt is silly 6
Raven Symone Reveals Truth About What Happened ... Fri are you serious 2
Is Angelina Jolie ready to quit acting? Fri Big mike 2

Entertainment People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE