Fram Renewable Fuels building plant in Hazlehurst

Sep 13, 2012 Full story: Business Journal 9

Alternative energy maker Fram Renewable Fuels will spend $91 million on an expansion that will create 80 jobs in Hazlehurst, Ga.

Full Story
Yep

Columbia, SC

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Cool..
knowitall

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2012
I know who initiated this project and it wasnt the Development Authority. He was talking about it long time ago while I was at his business and how he wanted to bring jobs to Hazlehurst and what he was doing about it. I commend him for his efforts.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3 Sep 15, 2012
I also read in the paper that Mr MPherson is going to open a plant here that makes filters for A/C units, etc.
golden

United States

#4 Sep 15, 2012
We need new jobs. Thats the only way people will be able to help the economy.We have the highest taxes around the state for no more than we have jobs in Hazlehurst.People can't afford any more high taxes we can't pay for what they want now.
user

Atlanta, GA

#5 Sep 15, 2012
Highest taxes the state? That's funny. Can you even tell me what the tax rate is for our county, and how it compares to other counties that share a similar demographic as us?
OOPS

Phenix City, AL

#6 Sep 15, 2012
YES, YOUR COUNTY IS GETTING SOME JOBS THERE, BUT THEY ARE WILL NOT BE LIVING WAGE JOBS. 99 PERCENT OF THE WAGE EARNERS WILL LIVE FROM PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK, AND THAT IS THE WAY THE OWNERS LIKE IT. IF YOU WANT A REAL JOB THAT TAKES THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN CONSIDERATION, GO TO THE LARGER TOWNS/CITIES AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY. HEY, THE LARGER TOWNS/CITIES PAY MORE AND YOUR LIVING EXPENSES WILL BE LESS....AND YOU'LL BE A LOT HAPPIER WITH LIFE. I KNOW....I LEFT JEFF DAVIS COUNTY YEARS AGO FOR THE GOOD LIFE AND FOUND IT RIGHT HERE IN ATLANTA.
----
ALSO, THE DUMMY TALKING ABOUT YOUR COUNTY HAS THE HIGHEST TAXES IN THE STATE. I AM 100 PERCENT SURE THAT PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF THAT.
user

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 16, 2012
OOPS wrote:
YES, YOUR COUNTY IS GETTING SOME JOBS THERE, BUT THEY ARE WILL NOT BE LIVING WAGE JOBS. 99 PERCENT OF THE WAGE EARNERS WILL LIVE FROM PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK, AND THAT IS THE WAY THE OWNERS LIKE IT. IF YOU WANT A REAL JOB THAT TAKES THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN CONSIDERATION, GO TO THE LARGER TOWNS/CITIES AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY. HEY, THE LARGER TOWNS/CITIES PAY MORE AND YOUR LIVING EXPENSES WILL BE LESS....AND YOU'LL BE A LOT HAPPIER WITH LIFE. I KNOW....I LEFT JEFF DAVIS COUNTY YEARS AGO FOR THE GOOD LIFE AND FOUND IT RIGHT HERE IN ATLANTA.
----
ALSO, THE DUMMY TALKING ABOUT YOUR COUNTY HAS THE HIGHEST TAXES IN THE STATE. I AM 100 PERCENT SURE THAT PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF THAT.
Just to clarify, I never said that we had the highest taxes in the state. It was golden who said that. I disagreed with him/her on this issue.
Concerned taxpayer

Hazlehurst, GA

#8 Sep 25, 2012
Eighty new jobs will be great as long as they are for American citizens. Tax payers cannot stand another round of school building and free medical care for illegals.
golden

United States

#9 Sep 25, 2012
I guess people who have great jobs can afford to pay higher taxes. People who lives on a budget can't stand any higher taxes and be able to pay them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 27,102
India's most astute deal maker is now a bankrup... 4 hr MOMIN ANSARI 2
INSIGHT-Taxes, fees: the worldwide battle betwe... 6 hr Foolthy 5
House bill would extend wind, other alternative... 8 hr Solarman 3
Campaign against huge solar power farm plan Mon Solarman 5
Study Shows Ethanol Produces Worse 'Global Warm... Mon Brian_G 22
Massive renewable energy project alters German ... Sep 28 Earthling-1 38

Alternative Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE