Jet fuel grown from seeds

Nov 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Click2Houston

When word got out several years ago about the promise of a small subtropical tree called jatropha, it became a biofuel sensation.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I would still prefer Jatropha to be a biofuel useful in tractor engines. That way it becomes a useful by track fuel for usage in the tractor when the usual 3rd world thieves siphon off the diesel in the tractor tank & try to sell it back to you in plastic jerrycans in the local market @ 10* the price you originally bought it for from the supplier.

Would there be very handy in the tropical and subtropical marginals that it is adapted to.

Thus far it appears to be treated in much the same way as classical castor oil as a 2 stroke mixer.

Have a nice day: Ag
SA Kiteman

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

If surface transportation were to be switched over to ammonia fuel, which is carbon free and can be made using energy sources like wind or Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors (LFTRs), there would be plenty of petroleum for air travel. Biofuels would not be needed in such quantities as now envisioned, leaving farmland for food.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Alternative Energy Forum right now

Search the Alternative Energy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Clean tech closing in on energy storage 15 hr Goracle 9
Renewable energies fail cost analysis... Duh 19 hr Solarman 1
Irresponsible Physicians Oppose Nuclear Energy (Dec '13) 19 hr SpaceBlues 257
Don Brunell | It's not easy being green in the ... Sat Solarman 1
Activists, others protest proposed utility fee Sat Solarman 1
Two wind farms now on hold Sat ABoggs 22
Five Fatal Flaws of Solar Energy Sat Dean Lee 2
•••
•••