Jet fuel grown from seeds

There are 2 comments on the Nov 26, 2012, Click2Houston story titled Jet fuel grown from seeds. In it, Click2Houston reports that:

When word got out several years ago about the promise of a small subtropical tree called jatropha, it became a biofuel sensation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Click2Houston.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Nov 28, 2012
I would still prefer Jatropha to be a biofuel useful in tractor engines. That way it becomes a useful by track fuel for usage in the tractor when the usual 3rd world thieves siphon off the diesel in the tractor tank & try to sell it back to you in plastic jerrycans in the local market @ 10* the price you originally bought it for from the supplier.

Would there be very handy in the tropical and subtropical marginals that it is adapted to.

Thus far it appears to be treated in much the same way as classical castor oil as a 2 stroke mixer.

Have a nice day: Ag
SA Kiteman

Alexandria, VA

#2 Feb 6, 2013
If surface transportation were to be switched over to ammonia fuel, which is carbon free and can be made using energy sources like wind or Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors (LFTRs), there would be plenty of petroleum for air travel. Biofuels would not be needed in such quantities as now envisioned, leaving farmland for food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Success Could Benefit P... 7 hr Solarman 1
News Reid touts Nevada's advances as renewable energ... 14 hr Local 5
News US announces plans to reduce agricultural carbo... Sat Sterkfontein Swar... 11
News Water Shortage Problem Solved With Solar Power?... Sat Solarman 1
News Wind energy is cheaper, but interest in buildin... Sat Sneaky Pete 11
News World's largest wind farm opens in West Texas (Oct '09) Apr 24 Timray 23
News Can Australians Give Up Coal? Apr 24 Aussie Bob 1
More from around the web