Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kansas.com

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Comments (Page 1,231)

Showing posts 24,601 - 24,620 of26,704
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SoE

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
cannon, wagons full of everything from gun powder, ammo, and food.
Technically you would not have to list gunpowder and ammo separately.
The ammo consisted of an ignition source (flint)(rope),
a propelling element (blackpowder)(patch)and a propelled object (ball).
when ordering blackpowder i must purchase a hazmat license.
Blackpowder is listed as a explosive and not a propellant as most gunpowder now is.
Your use of the term gunpowder leads me to assume your intent was for guns and not as a bomb...

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically you would not have to list gunpowder and ammo separately.
The ammo consisted of an ignition source (flint)(rope),
a propelling element (blackpowder)(patch)and a propelled object (ball).
when ordering blackpowder i must purchase a hazmat license.
Blackpowder is listed as a explosive and not a propellant as most gunpowder now is.
Your use of the term gunpowder leads me to assume your intent was for guns and not as a bomb...
It would be for both. For fixed defenses they use to have sappers who would place charges against the walls.

The real point is that no group of 4,000 men with all the equiptment was sneaking up on anybody.
SoE

Montpelier, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be for both. For fixed defenses they use to have sappers who would place charges against the walls.
The real point is that no group of 4,000 men with all the equiptment was sneaking up on anybody.
That's interesting.
In what specific battles were sappers used?
How exactly were the charges constructed.
It would seem unusual given the common battle tactics of the period that that was a common practice.
I suppose sneaking is a relative term and perhaps not the best choice to describe that action...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Stop whining.
Your cry has been heard:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48083693/ns/techn...
but read it.
not my quote, so you disqualify your self as an x spert and just another poster of other's works and links .

but you are right most so called x sperts are in it just for the money !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Tau,..I can't understand either...
By now i would have thought they would have lepton you with the intent to gluon an answer..or label.
perhaps they might have the impression you..
A.don't know the difference between a muon and a moron
B " " that a neutrino isn't a neutered tree
given the spin i'm thinking infermion...
and again you prove your self a non x spert at anything except jibberish .
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> not my quote, so you disqualify your self as an x spert and just another poster of other's works and links .
but you are right most so called x sperts are in it just for the money !
FUUUUUUUUUNNNYYYYY!

I'm still laughing. You deserve a better quote like the one I provided.

As to your expertise, you have none. Hence, you can't judge who's an expert. But you are right I'm not an "x pert."

Let me teach you something about science: science literature is the starting point for all scientific work. And for the communication and discussion of all scientific work. Referencing of others' work is necessary to present the subject under study.

Oh well, don't worry about things you don't have a clue.

You just say things and
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

cont'd

provide no basis for them. You must think you are a god of some kind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>FUUUUUUUUUNNNYYYYY!
I'm still laughing. You deserve a better quote like the one I provided.
As to your expertise, you have none. Hence, you can't judge who's an expert. But you are right I'm not an "x pert."
Let me teach you something about science: science literature is the starting point for all scientific work. And for the communication and discussion of all scientific work. Referencing of others' work is necessary to present the subject under study.
Oh well, don't worry about things you don't have a clue.
You just say things and
sorry friend no judgement here on my end just responding to your post , and no i am but just a man , a simple man who can see ,hear ,and think his own thoughts and come to a conclusion of my own , i don't need x seperts to tell me when or how the world will end ,as neither they , you or i will ever know that day .

try doing your own studies and maybe you may come to a different conclusion than the closed one you have now .

these so call x sperts that you put so much faith in have done more to discredit themselves and their work , through false facts, e mails, faked ,skewed studies, reports , money grabbing than anything i could ever do on these pages , i believe it is you who look at them as climate gods high on the mountain and their EVERY WORD IS GOD !

yes you are correct we need science and people of science to further mankind after all where would we be without people of science and their good works , just not some of the so called x sperts who don't know any more than you or i .
SoE

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> and again you prove your self a non x spert at anything except jibberish .
Amusing....

Once a man thought only for himself and that stymied his view of quantum machanics. He felt the concept was jibberish.
I wonder who that could have been ?
To draw an understanding in isolation has a fixed limitation.
How we feel is quite distant from how we think...
SoE

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> just not some of the so called x sperts who don't know any more than you or i .
I am quite interested in how you know exactly what Spaceblues knows.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

SoB wrote:
I am quite interested in how you know exactly what Spaceblues[sic] knows.
That's a frightening thought.
BTW, what's "quantum machanics."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing....
Once a man thought only for himself and that stymied his view of quantum machanics. He felt the concept was jibberish.
I wonder who that could have been ?
To draw an understanding in isolation has a fixed limitation.
How we feel is quite distant from how we think...
i feel just fine and i am sure i still think pretty good for a old fart of almost 80 , the eyes aren't so good though . but i still don't need a so called x spert to tell me we're all doomed from rising sea levels or every time there is a normal earth weather change or cycle like drought ,hurricane, ice storm etc.

these x sperts have been telling us this story for what 40 years plus now and look miami , tampa, nyc, hong kong , etc are still above water , just look at this summer it's hot everywhere in the us global warming ? really how about just a normal earth cycle some years warmer or cooler than others . we all forget that until after w w 2 the nws had limited reporting station ,most were in only the larger cities and not at ever little airport and bank across the country so heat like this went for the most part unreported and undocumented by nws or noaa . ever hear of the dust bowl years ? caused by what ? over farming & heat & drought . looks like this has happened before .

i posted here several weeks ago that it wouldn't be long before some x spert would come out and say this latest round of heat and drought were caused by global warming , and the press release was last week . if these x sperts are so good a predicting climate change then WHY couldn't they predict this years heat and drought back last fall so farmers could prepare .

are you old enough to have known a time in this country when we didn't have satellites orbiting earth and weather info. was gathered by maned reporting stations and weather maps . yes weather predicting has gotten better because of the new toys but we can still only predict weather change for just a few days from today and not weeks, months , or centuries from now .

LIEBIGs LAW you MORON

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

SpaceGirl wrote:
<quoted text>FUUUUUUUUUNNNYYYYY!
Let me teach you something about science
YEW THAWT YEW NEED SUMBODIE frum thuh GUBMuNT tuh REED YER
T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R. FUR YUH.
Too bad in 'signts' class you never heard of LieBig's Law: the LAW RECOGNIZING PLANTS' GROWTH IS LIMITED TO THE W.O.R.S.T. CONTRIBUTIVE EFFECT.
MoonTarD
SoE

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a frightening thought.
BTW, what's "quantum mechanics."
Yes, i suppose having to google it didn't work well...
I'm sure there are schools in Spain willing to overlook the misspelling and explain...
It's a quite lengthy subject...
budd

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a frightening thought.
BTW, what's "quantum machanics."
You should place a question mark at the end of a question. Making errors while pointing out errors is rather futile.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

SoB wrote:
Yes, i[sic] suppose having to google it didn't work well...
Obviously, maybe you should have copy pasted it.
SoB wrote:
I'm sure there are schools in Spain willing to overlook the misspelling and explain...
It's a quite lengthy subject...
At the age of 71, I'm not thinking of going back to school.
BTW, are you well informed on quantum mechanics, and how much has it helped you in life?
My little knowledge of it didn't stop me from being successful and retiring aged 47.
ֿ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Dudd wrote:
You should place a question mark at the end of a question. Making errors while pointing out errors is rather futile.
Hi there, Dudd, nice to see you.
Many thanks for pointing out my atrocious error, although I don't see anything "futile" about trying to help people, do you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

NB: Back in a while, the British F1 Grand Prix is about to start.
SoE

Montpelier, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> i feel just fine and i am sure i still think pretty good for a old fart of almost 80 , the eyes aren't so good though . but i still don't need a so called x spert to tell me we're all doomed from rising sea levels or every time there is a normal earth weather change or cycle like drought ,hurricane, ice storm etc.
these x sperts have been telling us this story for what 40 years plus now and look miami , tampa, nyc, hong kong , etc are still above water , just look at this summer it's hot everywhere in the us global warming ? really how about just a normal earth cycle some years warmer or cooler than others . we all forget that until after w w 2 the nws had limited reporting station ,most were in only the larger cities and not at ever little airport and bank across the country so heat like this went for the most part unreported and undocumented by nws or noaa . ever hear of the dust bowl years ? caused by what ? over farming & heat & drought . looks like this has happened before .
i posted here several weeks ago that it wouldn't be long before some x spert would come out and say this latest round of heat and drought were caused by global warming , and the press release was last week . if these x sperts are so good a predicting climate change then WHY couldn't they predict this years heat and drought back last fall so farmers could prepare .
are you old enough to have known a time in this country when we didn't have satellites orbiting earth and weather info. was gathered by maned reporting stations and weather maps . yes weather predicting has gotten better because of the new toys but we can still only predict weather change for just a few days from today and not weeks, months , or centuries from now .
Hahaha...ok
I'm not sure how you are separating climate..from weather...
Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have had a three digit phone
number...
I would hope I can still put climatologists in a different category than doomsayers...
SoE

Montpelier, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
NB: Back in a while, the British F1 Grand Prix is about to start.
Don't forget your helmet and firesuit.
Lotus?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 24,601 - 24,620 of26,704
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••