Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kansas.com

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Comments
24,601 - 24,620 of 27,013 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

SoB wrote:
Yes, i[sic] suppose having to google it didn't work well...
Obviously, maybe you should have copy pasted it.
SoB wrote:
I'm sure there are schools in Spain willing to overlook the misspelling and explain...
It's a quite lengthy subject...
At the age of 71, I'm not thinking of going back to school.
BTW, are you well informed on quantum mechanics, and how much has it helped you in life?
My little knowledge of it didn't stop me from being successful and retiring aged 47.
ֿ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Dudd wrote:
You should place a question mark at the end of a question. Making errors while pointing out errors is rather futile.
Hi there, Dudd, nice to see you.
Many thanks for pointing out my atrocious error, although I don't see anything "futile" about trying to help people, do you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

NB: Back in a while, the British F1 Grand Prix is about to start.
SoE

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> i feel just fine and i am sure i still think pretty good for a old fart of almost 80 , the eyes aren't so good though . but i still don't need a so called x spert to tell me we're all doomed from rising sea levels or every time there is a normal earth weather change or cycle like drought ,hurricane, ice storm etc.
these x sperts have been telling us this story for what 40 years plus now and look miami , tampa, nyc, hong kong , etc are still above water , just look at this summer it's hot everywhere in the us global warming ? really how about just a normal earth cycle some years warmer or cooler than others . we all forget that until after w w 2 the nws had limited reporting station ,most were in only the larger cities and not at ever little airport and bank across the country so heat like this went for the most part unreported and undocumented by nws or noaa . ever hear of the dust bowl years ? caused by what ? over farming & heat & drought . looks like this has happened before .
i posted here several weeks ago that it wouldn't be long before some x spert would come out and say this latest round of heat and drought were caused by global warming , and the press release was last week . if these x sperts are so good a predicting climate change then WHY couldn't they predict this years heat and drought back last fall so farmers could prepare .
are you old enough to have known a time in this country when we didn't have satellites orbiting earth and weather info. was gathered by maned reporting stations and weather maps . yes weather predicting has gotten better because of the new toys but we can still only predict weather change for just a few days from today and not weeks, months , or centuries from now .
Hahaha...ok
I'm not sure how you are separating climate..from weather...
Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have had a three digit phone
number...
I would hope I can still put climatologists in a different category than doomsayers...
SoE

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
NB: Back in a while, the British F1 Grand Prix is about to start.
Don't forget your helmet and firesuit.
Lotus?
budd

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi there, Dudd, nice to see you.
Many thanks for pointing out my atrocious error, although I don't see anything "futile" about trying to help people, do you?
You admitted long ago that you correct errors for amusement. Probably because it makes your empty pathetic life feel just a little better. If you really did it to help people it would be across the board rather than just those who confront your denial.
SoE

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, maybe you should have copy pasted it.<quoted text>At the age of 71, I'm not thinking of going back to school.
BTW, are you well informed on quantum mechanics, and how much has it helped you in life?
My little knowledge of it didn't stop me from being successful and retiring aged 47.
ֿ
How to change the subject...
I'm sure the population of the earth is greatful that your success has helped you...

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
How to change the subject...
I'm sure the population of the earth is greatful that your success has helped you...
Fortunately, his brain retired along with his retirement from work. About the only part of his brain that works is the ability to correct spelling of those he despises. I'll bet he is grateful that you made another spelling mistake.
SoE

Rozet, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, his brain retired along with his retirement from work. About the only part of his brain that works is the ability to correct spelling of those he despises. I'll bet he is grateful that you made another spelling mistake.
Yes,that seems a strong probability...
I seem prone lately to spelling errors...among other problems.
Perhaps it's my age...:-)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha...ok
I'm not sure how you are separating climate..from weather...
Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have had a three digit phone
number...
I would hope I can still put climatologists in a different category than doomsayers...
ha ha ha , i just knew you would bring this up , well let's just think about it for a second , duhhh can you have one without the other or effecting the other or both at the same time ????? not really . after all it's the climatatologest who blames every weather event on climate change not the other way around , but i'll bet ya it does .

climate or a weather forecaster not much diff. as both are just guessing , atleast the weather forecaster does have over 100 years of world wide recorded weather history to use if necessary compared to what 40 years for local area climate change ,which they then try to tell us is world wide event , so who is professing doom and gloom ?

me too on the 3 dig. number on a rotary dial phone or asking the opp. for long distance .
kal

West Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> ha ha ha , i just knew you would bring this up , well let's just think about it for a second , duhhh can you have one without the other or effecting the other or both at the same time ????? not really . after all it's the climatatologest who blames every weather event on climate change not the other way around , but i'll bet ya it does .
climate or a weather forecaster not much diff. as both are just guessing , atleast the weather forecaster does have over 100 years of world wide recorded weather history to use if necessary compared to what 40 years for local area climate change ,which they then try to tell us is world wide event , so who is professing doom and gloom ?
me too on the 3 dig. number on a rotary dial phone or asking the opp. for long distance .
oh 'home', that was funny. the recent weather headlines are already being reported as climate change caused by man. it is not weather anymore. when I was young, if it were not for changes in the weather, people would have nothing to talk about. we also had a three digit phone number, on a party line, we had no rotary dial. you told the switchboard operator the number you wanted. we knew the call was for us by the ring code. life was nice, weather permitting.
Fun Facts

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Didn't make the three digit group..had a 4 digit, party line. I remember the different rings.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Arctic sea ice at record level low in June.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/...
kal

West Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
Didn't make the three digit group..had a 4 digit, party line. I remember the different rings.
oh yes 'facts', we had two longs and a short. you could tell people on the party line would pick up their phones anyway. someone getting a phone call was almost as exciting as a change in the weather.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

DumBozo wrote:
I can almost smell your envy, grandpaw.
Fun Facts

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh yes 'facts', we had two longs and a short. you could tell people on the party line would pick up their phones anyway. someone getting a phone call was almost as exciting as a change in the weather.
Especially the long distance calls!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'home', that was funny. the recent weather headlines are already being reported as climate change caused by man. it is not weather anymore. when I was young, if it were not for changes in the weather, people would have nothing to talk about. we also had a three digit phone number, on a party line, we had no rotary dial. you told the switchboard operator the number you wanted. we knew the call was for us by the ring code. life was nice, weather permitting.
yea ,we have the ring code too and the the 3 digit dial which came a few years later , i guess that what we call an up grade today , i didn't think anyone here would be old enough to know about ring code or party lines so i just left them out , amen on the weather too .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Arctic sea ice at record level low in June.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/...
i hate it when the SUMMER sun melts the artic ice , and yet miami , hong kong and all the other cities by the bay are still above water . maybe all that water went to the southeren polar regions for the winter .
SoE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I can almost smell
Yes!....I'm sure there are those that would agree...
After Silverstone it would seem the bull is glowing red once again ?
SoE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> maybe all that water went to the southeren polar regions for the winter .
Have ta contact the Amundsen Scott Research Station.
She could then collect the data and run a analysis.
She is our resident computer whiz. That would be interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••