Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 Full story: Kansas.com 27,311

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Full Story
SoE

Rozet, WY

#25463 Jul 9, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not have them just e-mail me the data. After all, you would not want me to increase my carbon foot print by flying down there and flying back.
I suppose that's why you would contact them ...?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#25464 Jul 9, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I can almost smell your envy, grandpaw.
That might be a sign of a stroke. Better go see a doctor.
Fun Facts

Irving, TX

#25465 Jul 9, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Occam's razor..?
Not a bad princple to apply.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#25466 Jul 9, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that's why you would contact them ...?
Of course they could just post the data and let everyone use it. Why just limit to one person when everyone can see the orginal data and see the results and compare the two.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#25467 Jul 9, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they could just post the data and let everyone use it. Why just limit to one person when everyone can see the orginal data and see the results and compare the two.
Of course they could...

Wichita, KS

#25468 Jul 9, 2012
Looks a lot like global warming.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/09/us/extreme-heat...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25469 Jul 9, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Occam's razor..?
very good i didn't know that this theory was still taught is schools anymore , how ever we shall just have to wait and see what if anything transpires with the climate and if caused by man , and the best part of the theory that i like is that sometimes things are just plainly simple no matter how much theory ,thought , or science we apply to the subject , whether we like it or not .
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#25470 Jul 9, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, his brain retired along with his retirement from work. About the only part of his brain that works is the ability to correct spelling of those he despises. I'll bet he is grateful that you made another spelling mistake.
Yes, he shuld be grateful for that little bit of exercise.

There - my fingernail stumble will give him something to do tomorrow.
SoE

Casper, WY

#25471 Jul 9, 2012
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> very good i didn't know that this theory was still taught is schools anymore , how ever we shall just have to wait and see what if anything transpires with the climate and if caused by man , and the best part of the theory that i like is that sometimes things are just plainly simple no matter how much theory ,thought , or science we apply to the subject , whether we like it or not .
It would seem that everything is interrelated at least to some degree...
The difference between a difficult question and one that is simple
is the having the answer...
How much do you wish to know about any given thing and what is the path to understanding?
What do you need to to know that is the question? That should craft a appropriate question.
The old adage nothing is as simple as it seems opens a view of the interrelatedness in nature....

Location hidden

#25472 Jul 10, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem that everything is interrelated at least to some degree...
The difference between a difficult question and one that is simple
is the having the answer...
How much do you wish to know about any given thing and what is the path to understanding?
What do you need to to know that is the question? That should craft a appropriate question.
The old adage nothing is as simple as it seems opens a view of the interrelatedness in nature....
and in most cases things are not as complicated or interrelated as man would try to have us believe .

“Vectairy Energy Systems”

Since: Jul 12

UP North

#25473 Jul 10, 2012
In order to alter what seems like an inevitable future, citizens of the world must change their bad habbits. The world needs innovation and companies that offer solutions.

Most of our carbon emissions result from three sources, transportation, consumer energy and manufacturing.

Vectairy Energy Systems has solutions to the transportation part of the puzzle. Bloom Energy has solutions to residential & commercial power. We need internet users to join the fight. Join either of them on Twitter and/or facebook.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#25474 Jul 10, 2012
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> and in most cases things are not as complicated or interrelated as man would try to have us believe .
Oh,..ok,..well, i think i can see where this is going.
;-)
Would you care to explain, in a detailed fashion, why
your statement is accurate ?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#25475 Jul 10, 2012
JCatVECTAIRY wrote:
In order to alter what seems like an inevitable future, citizens of the world must change their bad habbits[sic].
I agree, you have a bad habit.
Did you mean bad rabbits?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#25476 Jul 10, 2012
SoB wrote:
;-)
Have you never heard of KISS, or Occam's Razor?
You obviously haven't heard that when you type I, it's never lower case.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#25477 Jul 10, 2012
A climatologist suggested a simple experiment for global warming. Yes, No or Neither you can decide for yourselves. Simply take the extremes. How many record breaking heat days and how many record breaking cold days per year. For most of these knot heads on this thread I know they canít handle that and will start with their lies and mumbled rhetoric of nothing.
As for ocean levels. As I have said before check the Islands out in the Pacific. They are the most effected as one Island after another becomes inhabitable. For local effects check out Virginia as they are dropping coverage for flood insurance, to various areas of the seacoast, due to increase frequency of flooding.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25478 Jul 10, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Arctic sea ice at record level low in June.[URL deleted]
They've found a cure for that, winter.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25479 Jul 10, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Have .. You obviously haven't heard that when you type I, it's never lower case.
Of course, not true bcause the IPCC took all his I's and left him with only i's.

Go complain to the UN.

P.S. That sould keep you out of here for a long time.

Wichita, KS

#25480 Jul 10, 2012
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he shuld be grateful for that little bit of exercise.
There - my fingernail stumble will give him something to do tomorrow.
Hi Marie, been a long time since you have posted here. But you have not missed much. Understand that old Earthy gets all his entertainment here. Probably the most important thing that he does with his life anymore. We finally got some rain here and a little cooler temperatures. Looks like global cooling to me.:<{)
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#25481 Jul 10, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Marie, been a long time since you have posted here. But you have not missed much. Understand that old Earthy gets all his entertainment here. Probably the most important thing that he does with his life anymore. We finally got some rain here and a little cooler temperatures. Looks like global cooling to me.:<{)
We got some relief as well. Find myself longing for Fall already, but try to focus on just enjoying the mornings.

Certainly *hope* that Earthbound has better things to do than just hang around Topix all the time.

Nice to hear from you. I believe xtp is retired now. I need to give her a call. Always so busy anymore ~ I need to put a stop to that.')

Location hidden

#25482 Jul 10, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
;-)
simple , man is flawed by his own biases on a subject whether it be climate , weather , politics , or what time the bus should run , it dosen't really matter how the person does his studies or research as his own biases will effect the out come of the end result .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alternative Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... 3 hr IBdaMann 20
Electricity & Water Authority - Strategic SWOT ... 10 hr MOMIN ANSARI 1
The Global Warming Hoax: A Summary (Oct '10) Mon Earthling-1 223
How Renewable Energy Could Leave You Mired in B... Mon Solarman 1
Land Office looking for developers to build New... Sun Solarman 3
Tea Party pushing for Florida to step up solar ... Sun Solarman 3
Solar project on rebound in Lee, Lenox? Sun Solarman 5

Alternative Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE