Some middle school students attacking peers on the way home fro...

Full story: Vallejo Times-Herald

At least one local charter school student was punched in the face during a recent confrontation with some Solano Middle School students, officials said.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 82 of82
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
why is this happening

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

I being an future middle scholar feel like something should be done my parents are split up and they seem to be agreeing to letting me see how i like MIT i am beyond afraid right now you may think im to young to be doing this but i think the voice of an acctual child shoud be heard i go to Vallejo Charter school and i feel the tension between the me[the black kids] and the white teachers and hispanic and even sometimes the asian japenese and chinease people its like we have 1 zillion targets on us and most of the black kids are making it worse by acting like mini thugs and hoods i feel like bullying as overcome the whole school board i have nightmares and i am afraid to go to school for my phyiscal and emotional safety being a black kid napa or vallejo is beyong like wayyy beyond scary so parents please go to the school board do something donate money get more black teachers please do something to help itz nt jst me its the whole 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5 th graders are afraid to step foot on campus thats sadd
FREEBIRD

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

My belief is that the bullies bully because they've been (or are being) bullied (abused/neglected) themselves at home or in school. If it's happening at home, then yes - the parents have a lot to do with the behavior. If, on the other hand, it's going on at school, oftentimes children won't tell anyone because they are ashamed. If you are a young boy and some vicious, savage girls attack you, you go home and pretend you're ok because you don't want to make things worse at school and have your peers thinking you can't handle yourself. When the physical pain from the attack worsens to the point of agony, you finally tell your parent and find yourself with permanent damage. How did this story fail to make the paper? This is the worse one I've ever heard about at the school in question. Can juvenile savages get life without the possibility of parole or do they get bailed by their parents (or grandparent(s)?, or is this the basis for removal from their homes? I think the bullies, if and when caught, should automatically be sent to a special boot camp to be "broken" of all their hate, or else their little bad ass, tough girl, gangsta attitudes will be allowed to blossom into their adulthood. I think there should be background checks to verify the young adult you are about to hire never went to juvenile hall for bullying - especially the grossly antisocial ones. Girls ganging up on innocent boys - boys who were taught to treat girls with respect, turn the other cheek, with dignity and respect for others..boys who have more heart than the 3 girls put together. My heart bleeds for the victims of childhood bullying. Keep your cameras on kids. Get footage Vallejo! You can be a hero - anonymously. Do a kid a favor and all the other families whose kids aren't evil enough to torment the innocent. Save the ones who are minding their own business and don't get off on showing off the lowest that Vallejo can raise. Unfortunately, this happened on campus and, unbelievably, no one was around who cared. A child, a good child with a heart of gold, has gone unmentioned, unnoticed and every day of the rest of his life, will be reminded of this horrifying attack, because of a lack of supervision at this substandard middle school. My only hope is that his attackers pay dearly for their crimes and don't remain in this town. How would you like one of them employed at the old folks home where you wind up someday? Can you imagine? Maybe without her pals, her infliction of harm will be less serious. Hey, better yet, maybe she'll grow up to become a SMS teacher who is expected to monitor both their classroom and campus at the same time with no support.
Here's a thought: if the VPD really wanted to do "more with less", how about giving all the kids access to a hotline that they can call in the likley event they want to report an incidence of bullying? Come and give a presentation to the kids, provide them with a hotline with a catchy name (remember when emergency personnel asked us to put "ICE" in our cell phone contacts and the number of our emergency contact in case we were unconcious?) like "BULLY". They can send alerts to dispatch, along with their location and even some footage if they're so inclined. Then they lose the fear of reprisal by peers for tattling/caring and the bullies think twice when they put on a show for their adoring fans. A win-win-win-win solution. Think it could work?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 82 of82
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••