Monticello High School Teachers "Call Me Maybe" Cover - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spor...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

If you think students are the only ones who get 'senioritis' at the end of the school year, wait until you check out these teachers from Monticello High School.
Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
him

Keswick, VA

#1 Jun 1, 2012
I bet they are happy, now the pot smoking liberals can stay high all summer on our dime.
Taylor

Crozet, VA

#2 Jun 1, 2012
him wrote:
I bet they are happy, now the pot smoking liberals can stay high all summer on our dime.
What are you even talking about?
her

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jun 1, 2012
him wrote:
I bet they are happy, now the pot smoking liberals can stay high all summer on our dime.
Aw... Is someone feewing sad?(sticks out pouty bottom lip)
cville

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jun 1, 2012
glad to see my taxes hard at work
xyz

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jun 1, 2012
cville wrote:
glad to see my taxes hard at work
I guess you never had fun in your life.
her

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jun 1, 2012
cville wrote:
glad to see my taxes hard at work
Bet your boss would say something similar if he/she knew you trolled news blogs all day on his/her dime.

Lighten up. They just finished giving SOL's to a bunch of A-hole teenagers. Let em dance.
NEWS

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jun 1, 2012
Is this really news worthy? YouTube is crammed full of schools ripping off that song. Monticello alone has at least 4 versions. Slow day in the Ch 29 bullpen I guess.
A parent of a MHS student

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jun 1, 2012
For all of you who want to put down these teachers:
Alot of them that you see in this video has made a huge impact on alot of students at MHS during their time there. And I think its great that they can actually get down on their level and relate to the students. Instead of being Dictators. So keep your rude comments and put downs to yourself unless you actually know them!
haha

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jun 1, 2012
her wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet your boss would say something similar if he/she knew you trolled news blogs all day on his/her dime.
Lighten up. They just finished giving SOL's to a bunch of **** teenagers. Let em dance.
well I guess I dont have lunch or breaks
sville

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jun 1, 2012
I can remeber the middle school teachers in Fluvanna on friday when the last bus would leave they would get out and yelling and cheering going crazy cuz there where no more kids around...If you hate beening with kids why be a teacher its weird
summer

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jun 1, 2012
her wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet your boss would say something similar if he/she knew you trolled news blogs all day on his/her dime.
Lighten up. They just finished giving SOL's to a bunch of **** teenagers. Let em dance.
are you a teacher?
Hmmm

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jun 1, 2012
A parent of a MHS student wrote:
For all of you who want to put down these teachers:
Alot of them that you see in this video has made a huge impact on alot of students at MHS during their time there. And I think its great that they can actually get down on their level and relate to the students. Instead of being Dictators. So keep your rude comments and put downs to yourself unless you actually know them!
Let's hope they taught them that "alot" is really two words!
her

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jun 1, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
well I guess I dont have lunch or breaks
You most likely have more than those teachers do. You definitely have more screen names, eh cville?
her

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jun 1, 2012
summer wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a teacher?
I used to be. That is why I do not begrudge them their moment of frivolity.
Former Teacher

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jun 1, 2012
So cute - nice to see the teachers relaxing after a tough year.
happy

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jun 1, 2012
Happy to see these teachers having fun and doing something creative. Music and dancing is good for the body, soul and mind. Lighten up nasty people out there and let people blow off a little steam and enjoy themselves. I'm sure the kids at MHS love seeing their teachers dancing and having fun.
Disaster zone

Waynesboro, VA

#17 Jun 1, 2012
him wrote:
I bet they are happy, now the pot smoking liberals can stay high all summer on our dime.
Great, now all those alcoholic conservatives can beat the women now that the educators are gone! Who needs all that fancy book reading when you got old episodes of hee-haw?
A Dancing Teacher

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jun 1, 2012
The mission of Albemarle County is to establish a community of learners and learning, through rigor, relevance, and relationships. This purpose of this video is to build and strengthen the relationships between our community of learners (students and teachers alike). This video simply illustrates our commitment to our students and our willingness to do so much to build the relationships which will allow for us to reach each learner in and out of the classroom. It is important to work and play together as we learn together.
Teacher from the video

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jun 1, 2012
If you could see the clock in that video, you would see that it was 4:30 and if you've ever been to MHS, you would know that it was not a celebration that the students had left. In fact, it was done because we thought the kids would enjoy it as much as we did. Teachers don't have unencumbered lunches or breaks...we are responsible for their safety all day. After we made the video, most of us went right back to work and stayed long after contract hours. You can be sure that it was not on the county's dime and in fact, I would invite anyone who hasn't spent a 24 hour day with a teacher to do just that. I love what I do, and it isn't because of the money or the hours...it's because of the kids. However, as anyone who has ever spent time with a teacher knows, it isn't as easy as it looks from the outside. So before you post your negative assumptions, spend a day with a teacher. I promise you will never look at the world the same way again. We had fun together, the kids enjoyed it, it didn't cost you a dime. Why in the world would anybody think that was wrong?
cville

Ferrum, VA

#20 Jun 1, 2012
Teacher from the video wrote:
If you could see the clock in that video, you would see that it was 4:30 and if you've ever been to MHS, you would know that it was not a celebration that the students had left. In fact, it was done because we thought the kids would enjoy it as much as we did. Teachers don't have unencumbered lunches or breaks...we are responsible for their safety all day. After we made the video, most of us went right back to work and stayed long after contract hours. You can be sure that it was not on the county's dime and in fact, I would invite anyone who hasn't spent a 24 hour day with a teacher to do just that. I love what I do, and it isn't because of the money or the hours...it's because of the kids. However, as anyone who has ever spent time with a teacher knows, it isn't as easy as it looks from the outside. So before you post your negative assumptions, spend a day with a teacher. I promise you will never look at the world the same way again. We had fun together, the kids enjoyed it, it didn't cost you a dime. Why in the world would anybody think that was wrong?
I dont see no clock when do you see it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Education Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Growing number of autistic students causing con... 55 min friend 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr spaceship 130,546
Exclusive: Press-Telegram reports prompt a name... 1 hr Ronald 2
Former Livermore Charter School Employee Charge... 2 hr Ex Charter Parent 8
Huntsville City Schools, Justice Department see... 4 hr old guard 1
reports prompt name change for Burnett Elementa... 4 hr Drilling for the ... 3
Changwon City Offers Student Exchange Program 13 hr Switches 18
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Education Etc. People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••