Monticello High School Teachers "Call Me Maybe" Cover - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spor...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

If you think students are the only ones who get 'senioritis' at the end of the school year, wait until you check out these teachers from Monticello High School.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
him

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

I bet they are happy, now the pot smoking liberals can stay high all summer on our dime.
Taylor

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

him wrote:
I bet they are happy, now the pot smoking liberals can stay high all summer on our dime.
What are you even talking about?
her

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

him wrote:
Aw... Is someone feewing sad?(sticks out pouty bottom lip)
cville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

glad to see my taxes hard at work
xyz

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

cville wrote:
I guess you never had fun in your life.
her

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

cville wrote:
Bet your boss would say something similar if he/she knew you trolled news blogs all day on his/her dime.

Lighten up. They just finished giving SOL's to a bunch of A-hole teenagers. Let em dance.
NEWS

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Is this really news worthy? YouTube is crammed full of schools ripping off that song. Monticello alone has at least 4 versions. Slow day in the Ch 29 bullpen I guess.
A parent of a MHS student

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

For all of you who want to put down these teachers:
Alot of them that you see in this video has made a huge impact on alot of students at MHS during their time there. And I think its great that they can actually get down on their level and relate to the students. Instead of being Dictators. So keep your rude comments and put downs to yourself unless you actually know them!
haha

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

her wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet your boss would say something similar if he/she knew you trolled news blogs all day on his/her dime.
Lighten up. They just finished giving SOL's to a bunch of **** teenagers. Let em dance.
well I guess I dont have lunch or breaks
sville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

I can remeber the middle school teachers in Fluvanna on friday when the last bus would leave they would get out and yelling and cheering going crazy cuz there where no more kids around...If you hate beening with kids why be a teacher its weird
summer

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

her wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten up. They just finished giving SOL's to a bunch of **** teenagers. Let em dance.
are you a teacher?
Hmmm

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

A parent of a MHS student wrote:
For all of you who want to put down these teachers:
Alot of them that you see in this video has made a huge impact on alot of students at MHS during their time there. And I think its great that they can actually get down on their level and relate to the students. Instead of being Dictators. So keep your rude comments and put downs to yourself unless you actually know them!
Let's hope they taught them that "alot" is really two words!
her

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

haha wrote:
<quoted text>
well I guess I dont have lunch or breaks
You most likely have more than those teachers do. You definitely have more screen names, eh cville?
her

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

summer wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a teacher?
I used to be. That is why I do not begrudge them their moment of frivolity.
Former Teacher

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

So cute - nice to see the teachers relaxing after a tough year.
happy

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Happy to see these teachers having fun and doing something creative. Music and dancing is good for the body, soul and mind. Lighten up nasty people out there and let people blow off a little steam and enjoy themselves. I'm sure the kids at MHS love seeing their teachers dancing and having fun.
Disaster zone

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

him wrote:
Great, now all those alcoholic conservatives can beat the women now that the educators are gone! Who needs all that fancy book reading when you got old episodes of hee-haw?
A Dancing Teacher

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

The mission of Albemarle County is to establish a community of learners and learning, through rigor, relevance, and relationships. This purpose of this video is to build and strengthen the relationships between our community of learners (students and teachers alike). This video simply illustrates our commitment to our students and our willingness to do so much to build the relationships which will allow for us to reach each learner in and out of the classroom. It is important to work and play together as we learn together.
Teacher from the video

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

If you could see the clock in that video, you would see that it was 4:30 and if you've ever been to MHS, you would know that it was not a celebration that the students had left. In fact, it was done because we thought the kids would enjoy it as much as we did. Teachers don't have unencumbered lunches or breaks...we are responsible for their safety all day. After we made the video, most of us went right back to work and stayed long after contract hours. You can be sure that it was not on the county's dime and in fact, I would invite anyone who hasn't spent a 24 hour day with a teacher to do just that. I love what I do, and it isn't because of the money or the hours...it's because of the kids. However, as anyone who has ever spent time with a teacher knows, it isn't as easy as it looks from the outside. So before you post your negative assumptions, spend a day with a teacher. I promise you will never look at the world the same way again. We had fun together, the kids enjoyed it, it didn't cost you a dime. Why in the world would anybody think that was wrong?
cville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Teacher from the video wrote:
If you could see the clock in that video, you would see that it was 4:30 and if you've ever been to MHS, you would know that it was not a celebration that the students had left. In fact, it was done because we thought the kids would enjoy it as much as we did. Teachers don't have unencumbered lunches or breaks...we are responsible for their safety all day. After we made the video, most of us went right back to work and stayed long after contract hours. You can be sure that it was not on the county's dime and in fact, I would invite anyone who hasn't spent a 24 hour day with a teacher to do just that. I love what I do, and it isn't because of the money or the hours...it's because of the kids. However, as anyone who has ever spent time with a teacher knows, it isn't as easy as it looks from the outside. So before you post your negative assumptions, spend a day with a teacher. I promise you will never look at the world the same way again. We had fun together, the kids enjoyed it, it didn't cost you a dime. Why in the world would anybody think that was wrong?
I dont see no clock when do you see it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••